Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary & Grammar Preparation
- Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary
- Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary in Tier 1 & 2
- Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary
- Important English Books for SSC CGL Tier-1 & 2
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- High School Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Prakashan
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- English Grammar by Upkar Publications
- Which is the Best Book for SSC CGL English Vocabulary?
Enhance your preparation for the upcoming SSC CGL Exam English subject with expert preparation tips and books. Get recommended and Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary for SSC CGL Tier 1 & 2 Preparation as suggested by toppers. Check out the best SSC CGL English books in SSC CGL English in this post.
- As the Tier 2 Exam is scheduled in October 2020, refer to the SSC CGL Best Books to score more marks in the exam.
- In order to crack the English sections with more marks, it is required for candidates to have all the latest recommended Best English Grammar Book for SSC CGL by toppers for enhancing their preparation.
- Candidates are advised to practice SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and which type of questions can be asked in the English language in the exam.
Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary
SSC CGL English Language is said to be the most scoring section in the exam. Most students search for important books for SSC CGL Exam during their preparation. We have filtered the list and come up with the most relevant & informative English Books for SSC CGL for the convenience of the candidate.
- As per the SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus, students have to focus more on topics like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, one-word substitutions, Idioms & Phrases, sentence correction, etc.
- English is said to be one of those languages which can be mastered with adequate practice. So, we bring you details about the General English Book for SSC CGL CGL for you to make your preparation up-to-mark.
- Here, we have provided important books for all tiers including SSC CGL Tier 3 Books in English PDF. Candidates can view or download the Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary nd start their preparation accordingly.
- For a sound English language preparation, students should have an eye on the SSC CGL Exam Pattern and syllabus.
Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary in Tier 1 & 2
For an enhanced preparation in English, here is all a candidate requires. With the help of proper SSC CGL English Preparation Tips, candidates can score more marks in the upcoming CGL Tier-2 Exam. For successful preparation, one must have the best books to understand each concept better.
SSC CGL English Language Important Topics
Candidates appearing for SSC CGL Exam can go through the SSC CGL Study Materials that will help in topic-wise preparation. Given below is a list of important topics for SSC CGL English. Let us check this out:
- Sentence Correction
- Error Detection
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Spelling mistake
- Sentence improvement
Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary
It’s time to go through some of the standard books required to cover the syllabus for SSC CGL English Language. Following these books along with a proper SSC CGL Study Plan will definitely help in cracking all stages of CGL in the first attempt. A reliable SSC CGL study material will comprise of the following:
Preparation Books – It should comprise of books for preparation. The SSC CGL English books should be informative enough covering all the important topics and concepts.
Question Banks – Question banks are extremely helpful for SSC CGL practice. Practising with question banks will give you efficiency and knowledge.
Sectional Tests – Sectional tests are SSC CGL Mock Tests that are designed to make students master a particular section. This test can give you a fair idea of the sectional cut- off.
Important English Books for SSC CGL Tier-1 & 2
As per the experts, attempting a topic-wise SSC English Quiz helps aspirants to know which type of questions can be asked in the exam. We suggest you go through the best books for SSC CGL English Grammar which will give you the right guidance to score well in the exam.
Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
The Objective General English book has been divided into four parts namely Part A, B, C, and D.
Part A: Foundation Module
Part A has been divided into six units covering Tenses, Modals, Clause Analysis, Articles, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb, Prepositions, Phrasal Verbs, Idioms & Phrases, Spotting Errors, etc.
Part B: Verbal Ability
This part covers the topics like Paronyms & Homonyms, One Word Substitutions, Synonyms & Antonyms, Cloze Test, etc.
Part C & D: Practical Grammar
Each section is divided into a number of chapters as per the syllabi of General English asked in various competitive examinations. Part C covers the Sequence of Sentences and Objective Comprehension whereas Part D covers Narration, Synthesis, Transformation, Punctuation, Spelling Rules, and Contractions. Enhance your vocabulary and grammar skills with Free Word Power Made Easy PDF.
You can download the Arihant English Book for SSC CGL PDF online. The present edition of Objective General English will benefit the aspirants planning to take various competitive exams in identifying their preparation level.
- A unique approach has been adopted to provide exhaustive coverage on important topics of Writing Ability and Verbal Ability with a large number of Practice & Revision Exercises.
- All the latest patterns of questions on the English language, Latest Sentences, Words, and Expressions put up in the recent different exams have been duly incorporated to give insight into the questions they will face in the exam.
- English Grammar from a comprehensive and handy resource presented in innovative, systematic, and lucid style will provide students with enormous confidence to accomplish their goals.
High School Grammar by Wren and Martin
This book is considered one of the Best Books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary. High School Grammar book gives detailed information about the English language.
- This book provides ample guidance and practise in sentence building, correct usage, comprehension, composition, and other allied areas so as to equip the learners with the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- The Self-practice book has been specially designed to cater to the demands of the users.
- Writing space has been provided to work out the answers in an organized manner.
- The answers have been designed to provide users with a reliable and practical tool in the form of correct answers to the exercises in the book.
Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
Plinth to Paramount book comprises chapters on parts of speech and subject-verb agreement. This book consists of practice exercises for thorough revision at the end. The following topics have covered in this book.
- Passive Voice
- Question Tag
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Conditional Sentence
- verb (Advance)
- Words Often Confused and Misused
Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Prakashan
Solving the questions from this book would definitely help aspirants to improve their speed, helps to know how to analyze the different types of questions, and also help build your confidence levels.
This book covers the questions asked from the last ten years, so it will be easy for candidates to analyze the type of questions asked from each topic.
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma
- The book provides theory first and then also gives a lot of illustrations and examples with explanations, hence it is the best English book for SSC CGL.
- There are so many exercises included in the book for practice as per the exam perspective.
- Good quality of Reading Comprehension
Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
The book explains many etymology concepts that one can easily adopt for getting a better grasp of the language.
- At the end of every chapter ends there is a review exercise.
- The book has been divided into oriented sessions that need action from the user
- There are many exercises that challenge and enhance one’s language skills.
Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
This book covers several topics relating to general English. It provides tips for error detection and teaches readers how to spot errors.
- Also, it covers the basics of the language such as synonyms and antonyms, phrases, idioms, and tips on how to improve sentences.
- It provides tips for error detection and teaches readers how to spot errors.
- Helps students practice the art of passage completion
English Grammar by Upkar Publications
Upkar’s Publications English Grammar book is useful for Hindi medium students to crack the SSC CGL Exam easily.
- The book is nicely written and covers a lot of important topics.
- It is very short, to the point book on grammar.
- A very helpful book for learning grammar.
Apart from these books, candidates can also refer to some other best books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary.
- English Language Preparation Book by Disha Publications
- Reading Comprehension Exercises book by Cosmos BookHive
- Vocabulary Exercises ebook by Gyan Express
Which is the Best Book for SSC CGL English Vocabulary?
Check out these top books for English subject in SSC CGL and use them in your preparation to answer any question asked in the exam. We have tabulated all the best books for SSC CGL English Vocabulary.
|Stage of SSC CGL||Book Name||Author Name|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|SSC CGL Tier 2||High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
Share your thoughts/queries here!