Importance and Validity period of CTET Certificate 2018
Check validity in years and significance of CTET certificate – Importance and Validity period of CTET Certificate.
Importance and Validity period of CTET Certificate
Candidates who are aspiring to be a govt. Teacher must know the Importance and Validity period of CTET Certificate. Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is a test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) twice a year, usually in the months of February and September. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India has given the responsibility of conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a test for aspirants who are aiming for a teaching career in government schools. There are two CTET test papers in the exam, Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates who want to teach Classes I-V need to give Paper-I whereas Paper-II needs to be given by aspirants who want to teach Classes VI to VIII. Below are the Importance, Qualifying Criteria, Validity Period of CTET Certificate.
Importance of CTET Certificates
- According to Central Board of Secondary Education, CTET certificate is just the minimum eligibility for central government teaching job.
- After CTET candidates can apply for all Central government teaching jobs like KVS, NVS, Army Teacher, ERDO etc.
- Candidates can apply for all types of state government teaching jobs.
- Candidates can also apply to unaided private schools.
- CTET shall apply to schools under the Union Territories (Chandigarh, Daman and Diu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep)
- After clearing CTET certificates the chances of becoming a govt. teacher becomes high.
CTET Certificates Qualifying Criteria
The candidates appearing in CTET will get a Marks Statement. You need to secure minimum 60% marks to get the Eligibility Certificate. According to their extant reservation policy, school managements may consider giving concessions up to 5 % to the person belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons.
CTET Certificate Validity Period
- The validity period of CTET qualifying certificates will be seven years from the date of declaration of result.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts. A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for the test for improving his/her score.
Stay tuned for more updated on CTET Examination. If You have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!