IPMAT Syllabus 2021 Check IIM IPM Section-Wise Syllabus
To begin with the preparation, knowing the syllabus is very important. Gear up preparations for IPMAT Exam 2021 by studying all the important topics from each subject. Go through the detailed IPMAT Syllabus 2021 provided in this post.
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM Indore) conducts the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test every year to offer admissions for Bachelor and Masters Management programs. The IIM does not provide any specific IPMAT 2021 Syllabus. However, candidates will be tested based on Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability.
IPMAT Syllabus 2021 PDF Download
IPMAT (Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test) is the authorized entrance exam held for admissions in the Five-Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM) in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
- Most of the questions in the Quantitative section are asked from the topics like Number systems, Data Interpretation, Quantitative reasoning, Profit & Loss, etc.
- In Verbal Ability section, some of the most important topics are Reading comprehension, Antonyms, Synonyms, sentence correction and sentence rearrangements.
- Follow expert suggested tips on How to Prepare for IPMAT to score more marks and crack the exam in one attempt.
IIM IPM Syllabus 2021
Here, we have outlined the section-wise important topics that need to be prepared for the exam. Go through the detailed syllabus from the table below and start your preparation accordingly.
IPMAT Syllabus 2021 for Quantitative Ability
Here are the topics candidates need to prepare well in order to qualify for the exam. These topics are until the 12th standard Maths syllabus. Hence candidates can refer respective books for preparation.
|Number systems||Common graphs & charts||Data Interpretation||Mixtures and Alligations|
|Distance, Time and Work||Averages||Quantitative reasoning||Geometry|
|Profit & Loss||Simple Equations||Percentages||Quadratic Equations|
|Binomial Theorem||Mensuration||Permutation & Combination||Ratio & Proportion|
|Trigonometry||Set Theory||Problems on Ages||Logarithms|
IPMAT Syllabus 2021 for Verbal Ability
The below table shows the important topics to be prepared in the English or Verbal ability section of the exam.
|Vocabulary (including Synonyms & Antonyms)||Reading Comprehension||Grammar||Sentence Rearrangement|
|Sentence Correction||Sentence Completion||Correct Usage of words and phrases||Verbal Analogies|
|Logical Consistency||Deductive Reasoning||Inference based passages||Prepositions|
|Conjunctions||Tenses||Modifiers & Parallelism||Noun & Pronoun Errors|
IPMAT Weightage of Questions 2021
Here is the detailed information about the number of questions asked from each topic. Check the subject-wise important topics and number of questions asked.
IPMAT Weightage – Quantitative Ability SA
|Important Quant Topics||No. of Questions|
|Sequences & Series (AP, GP)||4|
|Probability & Venn Diagram||2|
IPMAT Weightage – Quantitative Ability MCQ
|Important Topics||No. of Questions|
|Geometry & Mensuration||5|
|Permutation Combination and Probability||5|
|Data Interpretation||5 in one set|
|Matrices and Determinants||3|
IPMAT Weightage – Verbal Ability
|Important Topics||Number of questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||10|
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates are advised to go through the IPMAT Exam Pattern before knowing the syllabus. The Exam consists of three sections i.e., Quantitative Ability (MCQ), Quantitative Ability (SA), Verbal Ability
- The total time duration for completion of the exam is 2 hours.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks are awarded and for each wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- The quantitative ability section consists of 60 questions out of which 40 are MCQ’s and 20 are short answer questions.
- Check the below table for marking scheme and number of questions from each section.
|Major Sections||Marks||Time(in minutes)||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability- MCQ||160||40||40|
|Quantitative Ability- SA||80||40||20|
|Total||400||120 minutes (2 hrs)||100|
IPMAT Books for Preparation
Candidates appearing for the exam can refer to the below books as per the latest IIM Syllabus 2021. These below listed IPMAT Books are recommended by experts.
|Author/Publisher||Name of the book|
|Crack the IIM Indore IPM (Integrated Programme in Management) Entrance Examination||North Academy|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert IIM-IPM (IIM-Indore Integrated Program in Management) Aptitude Test||Wiley India|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|High school English Grammar and Composition||Wren and Martin|
IPMAT Preparation Tips 2021
With proper preparation tips, candidates can clear the exam in one attempt. Here are a few important IPMAT Preparation Tips that candidates can follow in order to score more marks in the exam.
Make a Study Plan
- Make an individual study plan for each subject based on their weightage.
- Set a time frame of at least one week for each subject.
Be Thorough with Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- candidates must ensure that they are aware of the IPMAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern of 2021 before starting their preparation.
- Clear all the basic concepts of difficult subjects first, then, later on, move to easy subjects.
Refer Best Books
- Choose the right Books and read all topics carefully
- Read each topic in-depth and be perfect
- Note down all the important formulas and simple tips of each subject, so that it will be easy at the time of revision.
Attempt Mock Test Series
- Take up IPMAT Mock Tests regularly to improve your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- You can know your mistakes and improve on them.
- Also, know which type of questions will be asked.
Solve Previous Year Papers
- Practicing previous year papers is one of the best-suggested methods of preparation.
- You will understand the difficulty level of the exam and estimate which type of questions can be asked
- Try to solve more and more question papers as it is said by experts that most of the questions usually repeat from previous year exams.
Revise all Topics
- After finishing the preparation of all subjects, start with revision
- Preserve at least a week time for revising all topics and concepts
- try to revise all the main topics, terms, and formulas.
IPMAT Previous Year Papers PDF Download
Candidates can practice previous year IPMAT Question Papers during their preparation which is of great help. The question papers will help in knowing different types of questions, know the difficulty level of the paper, and improve your accuracy. Download the Free Question Paper PDF from the below table and be well prepared for the exam.
|IPMAT Question Paper||Download Links|
|Question Paper 2012||Download PDF|
|Question Paper 2016||Download PDF|
|Question Paper 2018||Download PDF|
|Question Paper 2019||Download PDF|
IPMAT Syllabus FAQ’s
Q) What is the syllabus for the Exam?
The IIM does not provide any specific IIM IPM Syllabus. However, candidates will be tested based on Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability. Hence, candidates are advised to go through the complete IPMAT Syllabus form the above post carefully and then start their preparation accordingly.
Q) How can I better prepare for IIM IPM Exam 2021?
Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the Exam. Begin your preparation by studying from the right books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of the IPM Exam before starting your preparation. Taking up Mock Tests regularly and solving IIM IPM Sample Papers helps to test your preparation and improve your speed and managing time.
Q) What are the important topics of the IPMAT Verbal Ability Section?
The important topics of IPMAT Verbal Ability Section include Vocabulary (including Synonyms & Antonyms), Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Correction, Sentence Completion, Correct Usage of words and phrases, Verbal Analogies.
Q) Which is the best IIM IPM Study Material for Quantitative Ability?
For cracking the quantitative ability section, refer to R.D.Sharma or R.S.Aggarwal book. It includes all the concepts from the 12th standard explained in depth. It is also easily understandable without any tutor.
Q) Which are the best books for IIM IPM Exam?
Some of the best books for IPMAT Preparation are: Class XI and XII Mathematics – R.D. Sharma Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams – R.S.Aggarwal Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis English Grammar and Composition – Wren and Martin
Share your thoughts/queries here!