How to Prepare for IPMAT 2021?
Following tips and strategies provided by experts would definitely help you better succeed in the IPMAT entrance exam. This post takes you through detailed information on How to prepare for IPMAT 2021.
IPMAT Preparation Tips 2021
You may feel difficulty while preparing for the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test, but with a proper preparation strategy, it is easy to clear the upcoming exam.
To east out your preparation strategy, we spoke to Rahul Vaswani, a subject expert at SuperGrads (a pioneer in providing the best online guidance for IPMAT). Following the tips provided by Rahul would help students to ace the IPMAT on the first attempt.
What are the Important Topics under IPMAT Syllabus 2021?
Before starting the preparation, it is important to go through the detailed IPMAT Syllabus as this will help you better understand important topics under each subject, Rahul said.
|IPMAT Quant Topics||IPMAT Verbal Topics|
|Algebra & Arithmetic||Reading Comprehension|
|Number System||Paragraph Completion|
|Set Theory||Word Jumble|
|Data Interpretation||Word Usage|
|Geometry||Vocabulary and Analogy|
|Percentage, Profit, and Loss||Para Jumbles|
|Time, Speed||Fill in the Blanks|
|Distance, Time, and Work||Grammar|
What is the Subject-wise Preparation Strategy for IPMAT 2021?
Here are a few section-wise preparation strategies provided by Rahul. Follow them during your preparation and be exam-ready.
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
Rahul mentioned that you have to focus more on topics like Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Set Theory, Ages, Series, and Unitary methods.
- Try to revise all the important formulas related to these topics on a daily basis.
- Start and complete your favourite topics first and then move to difficult topics.
- R.D. Sharma is one of the best-suggested books for Quant preparation as it explains every topic in-depth and includes many questions.
- Solve IPMAT Questions Papers to improve your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Start giving mocks and try to analyze them effectively.
- Revise the concepts where ever you are committing mistakes or errors.
Verbal Ability (VA)
The most important topics are Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Reading Comprehension, Correct usage of words and phrases, Sentence correction, Sentence completion, Verbal analogies, and Grammar, Rahul quoted.
- Regular practice is required for solving the Cloze test with 100% accuracy.
- Try to avoid wasting much time on a particular question in the exam
- Make sure to read and analyze the newspaper on a daily basis to improve your vocabulary and grammar.
- Prepare specific notes on idioms and phrases, proverbs, and grammar rules.
- While practicing questions on spotting the error, make sure to read the whole sentence carefully and check the subject-verb agreement.
- Practice questions from the previous year’s question papers.
- Take up IPMAT Mock Tests regularly and try to analyze your performance after completion of each mock test.
Which Books Should I consider for IPMAT?
There are many resources available both offline and online, but opting for the Best IPMAT Book is most important.
Rahul recommended the following books for the preparation of the quantitative and verbal ability section of the IPMAT.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Aggarwal
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma
- English Grammar and Composition
- Better English by Norman Lewis
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
Is it Really Useful to Solve the IPMAT Mock Test Series?
Attempting mock tests will not only help improve your speed and accuracy on the day of the final exam but also help test your preparation level for the upcoming exam.
Also, you can know the difficulty level of the paper and the type of question asked in the exam.
Practicing mock tests will help improve your time-management skills and build your confidence levels.
IPMAT Preparation Tips FAQs
Q) What are the important topics of the IPMAT Verbal Ability Section?
The important topics of the IPMAT Verbal Ability Section include Vocabulary (including Synonyms & Antonyms), Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Correction, Sentence Completion, Correct Usage of words and phrases, Verbal Analogies.
Q) Which is the best IIM IPM Study Material for Quantitative Ability?
For cracking the quantitative ability section, refer to R.D.Sharma or R.S.Aggarwal book. It includes all the concepts from the 12th standard explained in depth. It is also easily understandable without any tutor.
Q) How can I prepare for IPMAT Exam 2021?
Following the experts’ IPMAT Preparation tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the Exam. Begin your preparation by studying from the right books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and make sure you are aware of the detailed Paper pattern and latest Syllabus of the IPM Exam before starting your preparation.
Taking up Mock Tests regularly and solving IIM IPM Sample Papers helps to test your preparation and improve your speed and managing time.
Q) Which are the best books for IIM IPM Exam?
Some of the best books for IPMAT Preparation are: Class XI and XII Mathematics – R.D. Sharma Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams – R.S.Aggarwal Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis English Grammar and Composition – Wren and Martin
Share your thoughts/queries here!