How to Prepare for IPMAT 2021?
The IPM Aptitude Test is the entrance examination for a 5-year Integrated program codnucted by IIM Indore. This post takes you through deep about how to Prepare for IPMAT 2021 and also preparation tips from our expert Rahul Waswani.
How to Prepare for IPMAT (Important Topics)
Candidates are offered admissions for IPMAT based on their performance in the following three stages:
- Aptitude Test (AT)
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Let’s get to know the important topics you need to focus on while preparing for the Aptitude test. One of the best ways to analyze preparation levels and know the difficulty level of the exam is to attempt the IPMAT Mock Test Series regularly.
|IPMAT Quant Topics||IPMAT Verbal Topics|
|Algebra & Arithmetic||Reading Comprehension|
|Number System||Paragraph Completion|
|Set Theory||Word Jumble|
|Data Interpretation||Word Usage|
|Geometry||Vocabulary and Analogy|
|Percentage, Profit, and Loss||Para Jumbles|
|Time, Speed||Fill in the Blanks|
|Distance, Time, and Work||Grammar|
IPMAT Online Preparation 2021
Without wasting much time and money, candidates can prepare for IPMAT 2021 very easily. Here are a few tips and tricks on how to prepare for IPMAT Exam 2021:
- Attempt numerous mock test series and IPMAT Previous Year Papers for a better understanding of the topics.
- Refer to different online books for learning each concept in depth.
- Instead of going to offline tutorials, most of the aspirants prefer online coaching as there is no time constraint.
IPMAT Important Books 2021
Here is the list of important IIM IPM Books you need to refer to for boosting your preparation. Experts advise that candidates need to study from the Best IPMAT Books which includes each topic or concept explained in detail. Check out the below-tabulated book for enhancing your preparation.
|IPMAT Quantitative Ability Books||IPMAT Verbal Ability Books|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Aggarwal||Better English by Norman Lewis|
|Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma||Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
|–||English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin|
Section-wise IPMAT Preparation Tips & Tricks
Preparation Guidance for Quantitative Aptitude (QA):
- In Quantitative Aptitude, the most important topics are Number systems, LCM & HCF, Quadratic equations, Binomial Theorem, Functions, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Profit, Loss, and Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Progression – AP, GP, HP, Ratio and Progression, Mixture and Alligations, Logarithms, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Set Theory, Ages, Series, and Unitary Method, Equations etc.
- Practice the NCERT Questions, previous year question papers, and mock tests.
- Those students who have not studied maths in their higher secondary should put in an additional effort.
- Go through the IPMAT Syllabus for knowing the important topics in each subject.
Preparation Guidance for Verbal Ability (VA):
- In Verbal Ability the most important topics are Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Reading Comprehension, Correct usage of words and phrases, Sentence correction, Sentence completion, Verbal analogies, Grammar etc.
- Practice the previous year’s question papers and mock tests.
- By reading the newspaper we will be able to reap numerous benefits like increasing the vocabulary, improvising on the reading skill and speed, keeping ourselves abreast of the current affairs which will help us WAT as well.
IPMAT Preparation Online with Coaching
In the current situation, traveling out for an offline tutorial is risky. Aspirants can join the best IPMAT Online Coaching and enhance their preparation levels.
- The demand for online coaching is increasing due to quality coaching and great results.
- You can understand the topics in-depth from top-notch faculties.
- Experience the real-time classroom environment. You can get all your doubts clarified by the experts.
- Attempt numerous mock test series and Previous Year Papers for a better understanding of the topics.
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2021
Go through the brief IPMAT Exam Pattern below and know the marking scheme.
- Multiple choice questions are asked.
- There are 100 questions
- The time duration is 2 hours.
- Each question is for 4 marks.
- Each incorrect answer will call for negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The question paper is divided into two parts, Quantitative Ability – QA(75 minutes) and Verbal Ability – VA (45 minutes).
The qualified aspirants will move on to the next level, that is, PI. There will be a committee analyzing aspirants on various aspects. Successful candidates from PI will march forward to the last round, WAT. In WAT the aspirants should write an essay in the allotted 30 minutes. The aspirant’s language, knowledge, organizing, and managing capacity, power of expression are tested here.
IPMAT Preparation Tips 2021
- It is very important to prepare our own notes, jot down the tricks and formulas in Quantitative Aptitude, and vocabulary in Verbal Ability. This, in turn, assists us in quick remembering and last-minute revising.
- Prepare and adhere to the time-table. It is very important to prepare time-table judiciously and devote time according to our strengths and weakness.
- The practice is the only way out to ace this exam.
- Let us not learn anything new at the eleventh hour. Just revise.
- Stay calm, focused, and determined. We should have a balanced lifestyle for a super active brain. Hence, they do have adequate sleep and healthy food.
- Take healthy breaks between studies. This will pump up our energy.
- It is advised to go on a social media break during exam preparations and avoid as much as distractions as possible.
- Solve IPMAT Previous Year Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and estimate which type of questions can be asked in the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!