IIM IPM Preparation Tips 2020: Check Expert Strategy & Important Books
Enhance your preparation for the upcoming IPMAT Exam 2020 well in advance. Here are the IPMAT Preparation Tips to crack the exam easily. Read the complete post to know IIM IPM Preparation Tips by experts to learn tricks to clear the exam. As the exam is around the corner, it is high time for aspirants to complete studying each topic in depth.
IPMAT Preparation Tips 2020
Indian Institute Management (IIM) offers a five-year post-graduate Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). This is a great opportunity for all those who have successfully completed their higher secondary exam. The admissions are for 120 aspirants. Candidates are offered admissions for IPMAT based on their performance in the following three stages:
- Aptitude Test (AT)
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Follow a proper IPMAT Study Plan by experts to know how to plan your preparation and which topics to be studied. Go through the IPMAT Important Topics for the exam and prepare accordingly.
IPMAT Exam 2020 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting body||Indian Institute of Management|
|IPMAT Exam Date||25th July 2020|
|Subjects Included||Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability|
|Age limit||For general category: 20 years and for SC/ST: 25 years|
IPMAT Exam Pattern 2020
Go through the brief IPMAT Exam Pattern below and know the marking scheme.
- Multiple choice questions are asked.
- There are 100 questions
- The time duration is 2 hours.
- Each question is for 4 marks.
- Each incorrect answer will call for negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The question paper is divided into two parts, Quantitative Ability – QA(75 minutes) and Verbal Ability – VA (45 minutes).
The qualified aspirants will move on to the next level, that is, PI. There will be a committee analyzing aspirants on various aspects. Successful candidates from PI will march forward to the last round, WAT. In WAT the aspirants should write an essay in the allotted 30 minutes. The aspirant’s language, knowledge, organizing, and managing capacity, power of expression are tested here.
IIM IPM Preparation Tips: Section-wise IPMAT Preparation Tips & Tricks
Preparation Guidance for Quantitative Aptitude (QA):
- In Quantitative Aptitude, the most important topics are Number systems, LCM & HCF, Quadratic equations, Binomial Theorem, Functions, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Profit, Loss, and Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Progression – AP, GP, HP, Ratio and Progression, Mixture and Alligations, Logarithms, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Set Theory, Ages, Series, and Unitary Method, Equations etc.
- Practice the NCERT Questions, previous year question papers, and mock tests.
- Those students who have not studied maths in their higher secondary should put in an additional effort.
- Go through the IPMAT Syllabus for knowing the important topics in each subject.
Preparation Guidance for Verbal Ability (VA):
- In Verbal Ability the most important topics are Synonyms and Antonyms, Sentence Rearrangement, Reading Comprehension, Correct usage of words and phrases, Sentence correction, Sentence completion, Verbal analogies, Grammar etc.
- Practice the previous year’s question papers and mock tests.
- By reading the newspaper we will be able to reap numerous benefits like increasing the vocabulary, improvising on the reading skill and speed, keeping ourselves abreast of the current affairs which will help us WAT as well.
IPMAT Important Topics 2020
Here are the list of topics that candidates need to study while preparing for the exam. Ensure not to read any other topics unnecessarily.
|IPMAT Quant Topics||IPMAT Verbal Topics|
|Algebra & Arithmetic||Reading Comprehension|
|Number System||Paragraph Completion|
|Set Theory||Word Jumble|
|Data Interpretation||Word Usage|
|Geometry||Vocabulary and Analogy|
|Percentage, Profit and Loss||Para Jumbles|
|Time, Speed||Fill in the Blanks|
|Distance, Time and Work||Grammar|
IPMAT Preparation Tips 2020
- It is very important to prepare our own notes, jot down the tricks and formulas in Quantitative Aptitude, and vocabulary in Verbal Ability. This, in turn, assists us in quick remembering and last-minute revising.
- Prepare and adhere to the time-table. It is very important to prepare time-table judiciously and devote time according to our strengths and weakness.
- The practice is the only way out to ace this exam.
- Let us not learn anything new at the eleventh hour. Just revise.
- Stay calm, focused, and determined. We should have a balanced lifestyle for a super active brain. Hence, they do have adequate sleep and healthy food.
- Take healthy breaks between studies. This will pump up our energy.
- It is advised to go on a social media break during exam preparations and avoid as much as distractions as possible.
- Solve IPMAT Previous Year Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and estimate which type of questions can be asked in the exam.
IPMAT Exam Tips & Tricks
- We have sectional timing and hence we should we very careful about each second and not to scuffle with any question for more time.
- The selection of questions should be made according to our own level.
- Please do not make wild guesses and attract negative marks.
IPMAT Important Books
Here is the list of important IIM IPM Books you need to refer for boosting your preparation. Experts advise that candidates need to study from the best IPMAT Books which includes each topic or concept explained in detail. Check out the below-tabulated book for enhancing your preparation.
|IPMAT Quantitative Ability Books||IPMAT Verbal Ability Books|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Aggarwal||Better English by Norman Lewis|
|Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma||Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
|–||English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin|
Share your thoughts/queries here!