IBPS SO Marketing Officer Preparation Tips
IBPS SO Marketing Officer Preparation Tips – Get the effective section wise preparation tips, study plan and effective strategy to crack IBPS SO (Marketing officer) 2017 exam along with Syllabus and Pattern.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer Preparation Tips
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts specialist officer (SO) exam every year to fill the posts of Agricultural Field Officer, Marketing Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer, Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari. IBPS SO Exam is held in 3 phases- Prelims, Mains and Interview.IBPS SO Preliminary Exam 2017 is scheduled to be held on 30th and 31st December 2017 and IBPS SO Mains Exam 2017 will be conducted on 28th January 2018. In this post, we will provide you the preparation tips to help the candidates prepare for the IBPS SO Marketing Officer Exam. Let us first go through the exam pattern and important topics of the IBPS SO 2017 Exam for Marketing Officer.
IBPS SO 2017 Exam Pattern
The Preliminary exam of IBPS SO 2017 will consist of Reasoning Ability, English Language and General Awareness whereas the Mains Exam of IBPS SO 2017 will test the candidates on their professional knowledge. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the mains exam.
|S. No||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||50||50||120 minutes|
IBPS SO 2017 Important Topics to Prepare
- English Language: Candidate can score well in this section if one is prepared well. Important topics from this section are Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Errors, Improvements, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks, Cloze test, phrase replacement, paragraph completion, paragraph improvement, restatement, etc.
- Reasoning:Reasoning Section is one of the most important and most scoring sections of IBPS SO exam. Candidates should try to understand the logic in the question before answering. Make use of shortcuts to solve the questions. This will help you save time. Important topics include Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Coding-decoding, Blood Relation, Order and Ranking, Alpha Numeric Symbol Series, Logical and Verbal Reasoning, Inequalities, Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Input-Output, Distance and Direction.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Quant section is the one of the toughest and time consuming section of all but if the candidates have strong preparation, they will be able to tackle questions easily. Learn to apply shortcuts and other tricks to solve the questions fast and with better accuracy. Important topics from this section are Data Interpretation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Average, and Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Inequality, Quadratic Equations, Mensuration, etc Number Series, Simplification and Approximation, Miscellaneous topics like CI & SI, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer Preparation Tips & Tricks – Exam Strategy,
- STRATEGY: Candidates are advised to devise a strategy based on important topics and sections of the exam and divide preparation in such a way that the most important topics are covered.
- STUDY PLAN: Candidates should a design a time table which will incorporate the entire syllabus and try to allot equal time to all the sections.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Time management is an important tool to score well in an examination. Every section is important, so prepare carefully keeping in mind the time and try to solve the complete paper in the given time limit.
- PRACTICE: Candidates should regularly solve IBPS SO sample papers and previous years IBPS SO question paper to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and also to check the preparation level.
- REVISION:During preparation, prepare notes of the all the important topics and refer to these notes before the exam. Candidates should revise these important notes at regular intervals. Revision helps to prepare for the examination in a better way.
- ACCURACY: Accuracy is very important in any examination. Candidates should focus more on attempting questions accurately rather than focusing on solving a lot of questions. It is recommended to attempt questions which are your strong areas first and also those which are less time consuming.
- MOCK TEST:Candidates should attempt IBPS SO Mock Test before appearing in the examination. Attempt Mock Test to get an idea of the exam pattern, type of questions asked and also to identify your level of preparation. Try to attempt two mock tests every day and analyze them to understand your mistakes. It is also important to evaluate your performance after attempting mock test. Mock Tests also helps you in analyzing your strengths and weaknesses and will improve your speed and accuracy.
IBPS SO Marketing Officer Recommended Books:
- IBPS (CRP SPL-VII) Specialist Officers’ Cadre Marketing Officer Scale I Study Guide 2018 by Arihant
- Kiran’s IBPS Marketing Officer Online Exam CWE SPL – VII Professional Knowledge Practice Work Book
- Banking, Computer & Marketing Aptitude for Bank Clerk/PO Exams Paperback – 2015 by
Hope this article on IBPS SO Marketing Officer Preparation Tips helps you to score well in the examination. Stay tuned for more updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!