IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips , Section-wise Tricks & Strategy
You are one of the job aspirants who has applied for or is planning to apply for IBPS SO Exam as an IT Officer. Then you must refer to some IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips. Here we are with the important tips for the exam.
IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips
The exam for IBPS Specialist Officer is to scheduled on 29th and 30th December 2018. And as we all know that, there are different posts for specialist officer hence different exam are conducted. One of the posts is that of IT Officer. All those who are appearing for the IT Officer exam, must go through the given IBPS SO Preparation Tips for IT Officer given below.
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Pattern
The Preliminary exam of IBPS SO will consist of English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. The Mains exam of IBPS SO will test the candidates on their professional knowledge. Candidate must clear the preliminary exam first to be eligible for the Mains Exam. Final selection will be on the basis of the result of Mains Exam and Interview Process.
IBPS SO 2018 IT Officer Preliminary Exam Pattern
|S. No||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2.||English Language||50||25||40 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips & Tricks – Exam Strategy
- Know your exam: Before starting the preparation of examination, the candidate should be fully aware of the syllabus and latest exam pattern of the IBPS SO 2018 exam. You have to remember that, a sectional timing of 40 minutes has been introduced this year. Therefore, make yourself used to the exam pattern.
- Reasoning Section: Reasoning Section is one of the scoring sections of IBPS SO exam if attempted properly. Most of the questions in this section focus on critical and scientific thinking, so it is very important to practice as many questions as you can from this section.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude section is the most important sections of the preliminary exam of IBPS SO Exam. Candidates should have strong preparation to tackle the questions and also to improve calculation speed. Get good understanding of basic concepts and fundamentals to clear this section.
- English Language: Candidates should focus on improving Vocabulary and English grammar and read Newspapers, articles, novel etc to enhance their English language skills.
- Practice with Mock Tests: One of the most important IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips is taking IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test. This is the best way to get used to the changed exam pattern and also increase your speed. Get rid of your exam blues and analyse your preparation with these.
- Time Management: Time Management is one of most important part of the exam preparation and also during the exam. Focus on the amount of time taken for a particular question. Do not spend too much time on any question, instead move on to the next question. If you are doubtful on a question, you leave it in the first round and come back to it later. Avoid losing marks because of negative marking.
- Speed and Accuracy: Speed and Accuracy are two important tools for clearing an exam. Build your speed and accuracy by practicing more and more. Always try to attempt those questions which you are confident of. You should never forget that there the online exam consists of negative marking. Therefore, target should be to attempt questions accurately rather than focusing on solving a lot of questions.
- Overcome your weak areas and focus on Strengths: Candidate should identify their strong areas and those which require enhancement. One of the key preparation tips is to overcome the weakness and focus more on relevant topics. Devise a strategy based on important topics and sections of the exam and divide preparation in such a way that the most important topics are covered.
- Practice IBPS SO IT Officer Sample Papers: Candidates should try to collect and regularly practice IBPS SO question papers and previous years question papers to understand the trend of questions and also to check the preparation level. Candidates can understand the exam pattern, difficulty level of questions and topic wise distribution of questions by practicing with sample papers.
- More of Revision: During preparation, prepare notes of the all the important topics and refer to these notes before the exam. Candidates should revise these important notes at regular intervals, so that all that they have studied should remain fresh in their mind.
IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips – Important Topics
|Reasoning||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Professional Knowledge|
|· Seating Arrangement
· Input – Output
· Data Sufficiency
· Blood Relations
· Order and Ranking
· Alphanumeric series
· Distance and Direction
· Verbal Reasoning
|· Reading Comprehension
· Cloze Test
· Spotting Errors
· Sentence Improvement/ Correction
· Para Jumbles
· Fill in the blanks
· Para / Sentence Completion
|· Number Series
· Simplification / Approximation
· Data Interpretation
· Quadratic Equations
· Data Sufficiency
· Simple and Compound Interest Average, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion, Problem on Ages, Probability etc.
|· Database Management System
· Data Communication and Networking
· Operating System
· Software Engineering
· Data Structure
· Computer organization and microprocessor
· Object-Oriented Programming
IBPS SO IT Officer Study Materials – Books to Read
- Modern Approach to Verbal and Non –Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC publication) by M K Pandey
- Computer Networks by Tanenbaum
- Introduction to Algorithms by Udi Manber
- Operating System Concepts, Author’s Name: Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne
Hope this article on IBPS SO IT Officer Preparation Tips helps you to score well in the examination. Stay tuned for more updates and write to us if you have any further queries. Wish you All the Best!!
Share your thoughts/queries here!