IBPS RRB Selection Process 2020
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS RRB Exam every year to fill in a large number of Assistant and Officer posts in Regional Rural Banks across the country. The selection procedure of the IBPS RRB Exam comprises online exams such as Prelims, mains, and a single exam and an interview. Here is the detailed IBPS RRB Selection Process for both Office Assistant and Officer Grade posts.
Latest: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection released the IBPS RRB 2020 Notification to recruit more than 10000 PO and Clerk posts in various banks across India.
IBPS RRB Selection Process 2020
IBPS RRB Selection Process varies for Officer and Office Assistant posts. In this post, we will discuss the stage-wise IBPS Clerk RRB Selection Process in order to make you aware of the selection procedure of the RRB exam.
- In order to be selected for the next phase of the examination, candidates need to meet IBPS RRB Cut Off provided by the board.
- The eligibility requirement, cutoff, ranks, and post preferences will be included in the final allotment list for the selection of Officers Scale I, II, and III, Office Assistant (Multipurpose).
- Aspirants can check the IBPS RRB Vacancy List to know the bank-wise and category-wise vacancies for each post.
IBPS RRB Selection Process 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Rural Regional Bank or Gramin Bank Recruitment|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Posts Included||Officer Scale 1(PO)|
|Office Assistant (Clerk)|
|Officer Scale 2 (Agricultural Officer, Marketing Officer, Treasury Manager, Law, IT, CA, General Banking Officer)|
|Officer Scale 3|
|Number of Participating Banks||45|
|Total Vacancies Announced this Year||10000+|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Selection Process 2020
The IBPS RRB Officer Assistant Selection process is two-tier and comprises Prelims and Mains. IBPS RRB Selection Process for Office Assistant Comprises of the following phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Selection Process 2020
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 is a three-tier process and comprises Prelims, Mains, and GD/Interview. The IBPS RRB Selection Process for Officer Scale I involves the following phases
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Group Exercise and Interview
IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II, Scale-III Selection Process
There will be a Single level Exam for Officer Scale-II and Scale III. This applies to General Banking Officer and Specialist cadre Officer in Scale-II. Even Officer Scale III are eligible for the Single Level exam only.
IBPS RRB 2020 Selection Process
Overall, the IBPS RRB Selection Process includes seven phases:
- Online registration
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains examination
- Single Online Examination
- Common Interview
- Document Verification
- Final Allotment
Candidates who wish to appear for the recruitment process should register themselves and complete filling up of IBPS RRB Application Form. Candidates who will apply successfully for the exam can appear for the Prelims Exam.
- Candidates who will apply for both Officers Scale I and Office Assistants must appear for preliminary exam which is conducted for 80 marks
- There are only two sections in the exam – Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates must qualify in both the tests by securing minimum cutoff marks
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Candidates who qualify in preliminary examination will be shortlisted for Mains online examination
Online Mains examination
- Candidates who qualify in preliminary examination will be shortlisted for Mains online examination.
- The mains examination for officers and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) will be conducted for 200 marks
- There are five sections – Reasoning, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, English, Hindi language and Computer Knowledge
- The main examination will have 200 multiple choice questions worth 200 marks with a time duration of 2 hours.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidates for Officer Scale I, who qualify in the Mains exam will be called for Interview.
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) will be provided provisional allotment based on marks obtained in Mains examination for the vacancies in RRB’s.
Single Online Examination
- Candidates applying for Scale-II (Generalist and Specialists) and Scale III will appear for a single online examination.
- Candidates will be subsequently called for Common interview
- The test is out of 200 marks and there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidate has to obtain a minimum score in each section and test of online single examination to be shortlisted for the interview
- The interview is applicable for the posts of Officers Scale I, II, and III.
- Candidates who will be shortlisted in the main exam for the post of Officers Scale I and in the single level examination for the post of Officers Scale II and III will be called for interview. The interview carries 100 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks/scores in the interview are 40%. The minimum qualifying marks is 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates
- Minimum qualifying marks for the post of Officers Scale II and III is 40% for all candidates and it is 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
Candidates who qualify the Prelims, Mains and Interview round will be called for Document verification. Candidates who do not produce the required documents will not be eligible for the post. Candidates must carry the below documents in original as well as two self-attested copies of each one for the verification.
- Print out of the IBPS RRB call letter
- IBPS RRB Application Form registered for CWE RRBs-V
- Proof of Date of Birth (class 10th certificate/ Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation)
- Photo identity proof
- Marks sheet of qualifications and other related graduation documents. The documents should be dated before September 30, 2019.
- Experience certificates (if applicable)
- Caste certificates must be produced that will be issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format.
- Disability certificate issued by the authorized medical board.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview.
- Those who are still in Defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from Defence services, on or before September 29, 2019.
- No objection certificate if a candidate is working in Government Offices or Public Sector Undertakings.
- For age relaxation, the candidate must produce required documents. Domicile certificate must be produced by the candidates applying in this category and certificate issued by magistrate confirming the 1984 riot-affected persons’ relief.
During the Final Selection process, the ratio of the common Written exam to the Interview will be 80: 20. After the final round of selection based on Common Written Exam and Interview, the candidate will be selected in any one of the RRB’s based on both merit and preference given during the time of application.
Final Selection of IBPS RRB Office Assistant:
The final merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s score in IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2020 Mains Exam. The listed candidates will proceed for the final processing that will consist of two steps:-
- Document Verification:- The provisional allotment into RRBs will depend on whether the candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria. At any point, if it is found that the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria, his candidature may stand cancelled. Document Verification, Issuance of Joining letter, Allotment, etc., is entirely the RRB’s decision and shall stand as final.
- Language Proficiency Test:- Test for Local language proficiency is conducted by RRBs as a final formality to make sure that the candidate satisfies the minimum local language requirements for that region.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Final allotment:-
- The Candidate should clear IBPS CWE and be in sufficiently good standing in terms of merit to qualify for the provisional allotment process.
- Once the Main Exam and further process are completed, based on merit and preference the candidates are allotted to various RRBs.
Final Selection for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, Scale-II and Scale-III:
- The candidates who clear the cutoffs for Mains will be shortlisted for Personal Interview.
- The Interviews are conducted by Nodal RRB’s in association with IBPS and NABARD.
- The Total marks allotted for Personal Interview are 100.
- The Qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EXSM are 35% whereas for the unreserved category it is greater than 40%.
- The Candidate’s score in the Mains Exam coupled with his performance in the Personal Interview will determine his entry into the final merit list.
IBPS will prepare the final merit list on the basis of the candidate’s score in Mains Exam and his performance in the Personal Interview.
Share your thoughts/queries here!