IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2019 (Prelims)
- IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2019
- IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy
- IBPS RRB Preparation Tips For Reasoning Section
- IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
- General IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for Prelims
Bank Exams are one among the top competitive exams which require a lot of hard work and dedication to crack them. As the IBPS has begun the recruitment process for the RRB examination, here is the detailed IBPS RRB Preparation Tips that will help candidates to score more.
- According to the recent Notification, the Prelims exam is scheduled from August 2019.
- IBPS RRB Exam is conducted in two phases: Prelims and Mains
- Candidates who are appearing for IBPS RRB Prelims can get complete study plan here and score more.
- Before beginning with the preparation, it is suggested for all candidates to go through IBPS RRB Exam Pattern carefully.
- Know about how to prepare for Exam here according to the latest IBPS RRB Syllabus.
- Check out section-wise preparation, important topics appearing in the question paper, important questions from each topic, and also best books for studying.
- Enhance your preparation by solving IBPS RRB Previous Year Question Papers.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2019
As there is a month left for the Prelims exam, it is good to begin preparation now. Start your preparation now to clear the IBPS RRB Cut Off and score more in the Prelims Examination. Here are the detailed Preparation Tips for IBPS RRB Exam prepared by a panel of experts. Follow them to enhance your preparation and skyrocket your marks.
IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy
As there are very few days left for the Prelims exam follow these simple steps to score more. Here is how to prepare for IBPS RRB Prelims Exam 2019.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips For Reasoning Section
- The Reasoning section in IBPS RRB Prelims consists of 40 questions 40 marks.
- Here are the important topics listed below along with a few previously asked questions
- Go through the tips carefully and implement them in your preparation.
Important Topics From Reasoning Section
Here are the important topics listed from which the questions have appeared in the previous Exam
- Alphabet and number arrangement
- Determining the Possibility
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
Commonly Asked Questions from Previous Year Papers
1. Study the following digit-letter-symbol sequence carefully and answer the questions given below:
S * V G L 2 $ D = H # 9 N % B < K 5 & A Y ? U E + Z @ 7 F 6
- Which of the following is sixth to the left of the eighteenth element from the left?
- If the above sequence is written in reverse order then which of the following will be sixth to the right of the sixteenth element from the right end?
- If the first fifteen elements in the above sequence are written in reverse order, then which of the following will be twenty-fourth from the right end?
2. Kavita starts from her home to go towards her office. She moves 2 km and turns right and travels 800m to reach a temple on the way. At the temple, she turns left and moves 2 km and reaches her office. If Kavita is now traveling in East direction, in what direction is Kavita’s office with respect to her home?
3. Five people P, Q, R, S, and T are sitting in a circular table. Who sits in between R and Q?
IBPS RRB Preparation Books for Reasoning Section
For any preparation to be successful, candidates must have the right preparation stuff. Here is the list of important Reasoning Books that will help students to score more in the upcoming IBPS RRB Prelims Exam.
Topic-wise Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement: There are several types of a complex puzzle, seating arrangement that you can solve. Solve them with speed and accuracy. There are high chances that you will find puzzles in the exam.
- Machine Input: Know formulas and shortcuts at the tip of your fingers as this will help you to solve Machine Inputs. There are high chances that you will find Machine Input in the exam.
- Syllogism: There are four main cases of a syllogism – All, No, Some and Some not. Negative Statement questions and possibility questions revolve around the four cases. Use Venn Diagrams while solving questions in a syllogism.
- Inequality: Important Questions in inequality include Greater than, lesser than, greater to, equal to, less than or equal to, Equal. Understand the concepts in these 5 topics by solving a number of questions in each of the questions
- Coding-Decoding: Identify the coding trick used in the word.
- Blood Relations: Directions, Order and Ranking are easy topics from which you can score good marks in the exam. Blood Relations and direction sense are asked in coded form in the exam and both concepts may be clubbed in a single question. Therefore revise both topics on coding-decoding and blood relations very well.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
- The second part of the IBPS RRB Prelims is Quantitative Aptitude Section which includes 40 questions for 40 marks.
- Know the commonly asked questions and best books for Quantitative Aptitude
- There are various topics present under Quantitative Aptitude and out of which the board concentrates on a few important topics that are listed below.
Previous Year Questions From Quantitative Aptitude Section
Know the important topics and most commonly asked questions from Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- Questions from Number series and Arithmetic calculations
- Data Interpretation: Line Graph and Bar Graph
- Miscellaneous questions from Profit & Loss, Time, Speed, Distance, Percentage, Probability, Partnership, Age
- Quadratic Equations
- Approximation based questions
- Find the wrong number in the series
Commonly Asked Questions from Previous Year Papers
1. Ravi bought two handbags each of Rs. 1200. He sold one bag at a profit of 33 1/3 % and other at a loss of 25%. Find his overall profit percentage.
2. The cost of pure milk is Rs. 16 per litre. On adding water, the mixture is sold at Rs. 15 per litre. In this way, the milkman earns a 20% profit. What is the ratio of milk to water in the mixture?
3. Find the wrong term in the series: 758, 800, 851, 927, 1053, 1258
4. (2525×0.25÷5) ×7 =?
IBPS RRB Preparation Books for Quantitative Aptitude Section
Candidates must ensure they have the right IBPS RRB Books for scoring more in the Quantitative Ability section. Check out the best IBPS RRB Books listed below
Topic-wise IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Here’s the list of topics you need to prepare from Quantitative Aptitude Section for the IBPS RRB Exam. Learn How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Prelims 2019 here.
- Make sure you practice questions from topics like Data Interpretation, approximation, simplification, number series, and quadratic equations because these topics are must attempt in the exam. They are less time taking and give more accurate answers.
- Be clear with the concepts of percentage, ratio and proportion, and average, simplification/approximation and data interpretation questions.
- Try to learn as many tricks you come across and implement them.
- Go through several useful study materials for Numerical Ability & Data Sufficiency which will help you clear your basics.
- Solve lots of Mock Test for practice along with previous years’ question papers.
General IBPS RRB Preparation Tips for Prelims
- Go through the detailed exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make sure to have the right IBPS RRB Preparation Books which is according to the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
- Solve and practice previous year question papers. Get acquainted with the question paper format and repeated questions.
- Once you understand the concepts, attempt sectional and topic tests on the same.
- After you have covered all the important topics of the syllabus, take up Assistant and Officer Mock Test Series. Attempt one full-length test on a daily basis. After each test, analyze your performance and find your strong/weak areas.
- Work on the weak areas to get the concepts cleared and practice more problems.
- Practice a variety of problems daily to increase your chances of scoring high.
- Both sectional and overall cut off is applicable. So, you need to attempt a minimum number of questions from each section.
- Practice online tests to improve your time-management skills.
Share your thoughts/queries here!