IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips 2018
- IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips 2018
IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips: IBPS has declared the exam dates for IBPS RRB 2018 Exam. Check the Tips and Tricks for last Minute Study of IBPS RRB.
IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips 2018
IBPS has released the official notice for the recruitment of Assistants and Probationary Officers in June. According to the official notice, the Prelims exam for Officer Scale 1 will be held on 11th, 12th, and 18th August 2018, and for Assistant will be held on 19th, 25th August, and 1st September 2018. That means – merely a month is left for the exam. This is no time to start new topics, to be honest. It’s time for revision and practice.
IBPS RRB Exam Details
Let us have a look at some effective tips to boost your IBPS RRB Preparation for the Prelims exam. But before that, we need to discuss the Prelims exam pattern in brief. The exam paper consists of two sections – Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability. Both the sections consist of 40 question/marks. And you will get 45 minutes in total to complete the paper. This is a good news for candidates since you need to prepare for only two sections. However, it also means that you need to be really good at both of them. Check the IBPS RRB Syllabus for more details.
Also, for every wrong attempt, 0.25 marks will be deducted. That’s why, you should attempt only those questions which you are sure of. It’s advisable not to do guesswork and consequently, lose marks.
IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips – Reasoning preparation:
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement: There are several types of complex puzzle, seating arrangement that you can solve. Solve them with speed and accuracy. There are high chances that you will find puzzles in the exam.—-
- Machine Input: Know formulas and shortcuts at the tip of your fingers as this will help you to solve Machine Inputs. There are high chances that you will find Machine Input in the exam.
- Syllogism: There are four main cases of syllogism – All, No, Some and Some not. Negative Statement questions and possibility questions revolves around the four cases. Use Venn Diagrams while solving questions in syllogism.
- Inequality: Important Questions in inequality include Greater than, lesser than, greater to, equal to, less than or equal to, Equal. Understand the concepts in these 5 topics by solving a number of questions in each of the questions
- Coding-Decoding: Identify the coding trick used in the word.
- Blood Relations: Directions, Order and Ranking are easy topics from which you can score good marks in the exam. Blood Relations and direction sense are asked in coded form in the exam and both concepts may be clubbed in a single question. There fore revise both topics on coding-decoding and blood relations very well.
IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips – Quantitative Aptitude:
Second part of the IPS RRB Prelims is Quantitative Aptitude Section.Similar to the Reasoning, for the preparation of Quantitative Aptitude section, go through the study material for the different topics under this section.
- Make sure you practice questions from topics like Data Interpretation, approximation, simplification, number series and quadratic equations because these topics are must attempt in the exam. They are less time taking and give more accurate answers.
- Be clear with the concepts of percentage, ratio and proportion and average, simplification/approximation and data interpretation questions.
- Try to learn as many tricks you come across and implement them.
- Go through several useful study materials for Numerical Ability & Data Sufficiency which will help you clearing your basics.
- Solve lots of Mock Test for practice along with previous years’ question papers.
Here’s the list of topics you need to prepare from Quantitative Aptitude Section for the IBPS RRB Exam. Learn How to Prepare for IBPS RRB Prelims 2018 here.
General Preparation Tips: IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Quickly check is there any change in the latest exam pattern and IBPS RRB syllabus.
- Practice from previous years’ question papers. Get acquainted with the question paper format and repeated questions.
- If you have any doubts, consult your teachers and peers.
- Once you understand the concepts, attempt sectional and topic tests on the same.
- After you have covered all the important topics of the syllabus, get hold of an IBPS RRB Assistant Test Series / IBPS RRB Officer Test Series. Attempt one full-length test on a daily basis. After each test, analyze your performance and find your strong / weak areas.
- Work on the weak areas – get the concepts cleared and practice more problems.
- Practice a variety of problems daily to increase your chances of scoring high.
- Both sectional and overall cut off is applicable. So, you need to attempt a minimum number of questions from each section.
- You also need to have a good speed to attempt more questions. However, at the same time, you need to ensure the accuracy of the solution.
- Practice online tests to improve your time-management skills
We advise you to download the IBPS RRB admit card as soon as it is released. Waiting till the last date is not recommended as adverse situations may arise.
We have mentioned all the eminent information of IBPS RRB Last Minute Preparation Tips. We are sure that you are working hard to clear the IBPS RRB examinations, and hence, we are confident that your efforts will be rewarded. Just keep going!
All the Best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!