IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Nationality
- IBPS RRB Age Limit
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Work Experience
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Proficiency in the local language
- Form of Certificates to be Produced for Each Category
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria for Person with Disability
- Guidelines for Scribe
- IBPS RRB 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Number of Attempts
- IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria FAQ’s
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS RRB Exam every year to fill in a large number of Assistant and Officer posts in Regional Rural Banks across the country. Interested candidates can check the complete post to know the IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020 before applying for the post.
- As per the latest news, the IBPS RRB 2020 Recruitment is set to begin on 14 June 2020.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure to meet the IBPS RRB Exam Eligibility set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.
- The main eligibility required for the IBPS RRB 2020 exam is that a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Go through the eligibility parameters provided here and make sure to fill the IBPS RRB 2020 Application Form on or before the last date.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020
Online application for the various posts will be subject to various IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria as set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Applicants must check their eligibility prior to starting the application for IBPS RRB 2020 Exam.
- IBPS will be filling up 8354 vacancies in Officer Grade and Office Assistant Posts. Make sure you are aware of the detailed post-wise IBPS RRB Vacancy list.
- Candidates who do meet the eligibility criteria will not be able to fill the application form.
- Aspirants must go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly so that this does not lead to cancellation of candidature.
- It is also important for candidates to be aware of the IBPS RRB Exam Pattern before applying for the post.
- In this post, candidates can find complete details about the criteria of eligibility like IBPS RRB 2020 Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and required work experience.
In order to be clear with the criteria, one needs to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibilities;
|Proficiency in local language|
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Nationality
In order to apply online for IBPS RRB, you need to fulfill the Nationality Criteria as set by the exam conducting authorities;
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee (who migrated before 1st January 1962)
- Indian origin persons who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Also, if you are not a citizen of India, the Government of India should issue a certificate of eligibility in your favor.
IBPS RRB Age Limit
The age limit varies for both the clerk and PO post. As per the IBPS RRB PO Age Limit, candidates’ age should be in between 18 to 40 years to apply for the different scales of the officer post.
- IBPS RRB Assistant Age Limit: As per the notification, IBPS RRB Clerk Age Limit
must be in the range of 18 to 28 years to apply for the officer Assistant Post.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Age Limit: A candidates’ age must be above 18 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years in order to apply for the IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 post.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 2 Age Limit: The candidates’ age should be in the range of 21 to 32 years for the post of Officer Scale-II.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale 3 Age Limit: Minimum age limit of the candidate is 21 years and maximum age limit is 40 years.
In the table below, we have mentioned Post-wise Age Limit for various posts under IBPS RRB Recruitment 2020;
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age||
Effective Dates for Age Limit
|Officer Scale- I||18 years||30 years||Born earlier than 3rd June 1989 and later than 31st May 2001 (both dates inclusive)|
|Scale-II Officer||21 years||32 years||Born earlier than 3rd June 1987 and later than 31st May 1998 (both dates inclusive).|
|Officer Scale- III||21 years||40 years||Born earlier than 3rd June 1979 and later than 31st May 1998 (both dates inclusive).|
|Multipurpose (Office Assistant)||18 years||30 years||Born earlier than 2nd June 1991 and later than 1st June 2001 (both dates inclusive).|
As per the IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has provided the category wise relaxation in age. Ho through the table below to know the Category-wise Age Relaxation to apply online for IBPS RRB 2020 Exam.
|Candidates’ Category||Age Criteria|
|Ex-servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST)|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons domiciled in J&K state (During 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989)||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs||5 years|
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
Below, we have mentioned Post-wise Educational Qualification for IBPS RRB 2020 examination;
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Also, you must be proficient in the local language.
Officer Scale I
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Also, you must be proficient in the local language.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
- However, for Specialist positions, you must have a degree in the relevant discipline.
- For the post of Treasury Manager and Marketing Officer, you must have an MBA in Finance and Marketing, respectively.
Officer Scale III
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Work Experience
Below, we have mentioned Post-wise Work-Experience for IBPS RRB 2020 examination;
General Banking Officer (Officer Scale-II)
- You must have 2 years of experience as an officer in a bank or financial institution.
Officer Scale-II (Specialist Officer)
- Information Technology Officer, Chartered Account, Treasury Manager, Marketing Officer – Candidates must have a minimum of 1-year experience in the relevant trade.
- Law Officer – A minimum of 2 years of experience as an advocate or Law Officer in a Bank or financial institute.
- Agricultural Officer – A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the relevant trade.
Officer Scale III
- However, the candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Officer in a Bank or financial institute.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2020: Proficiency in the local language
Applicants need to be proficient in their local language in order to apply online for IBPS RRB 2020 Recruitment.
In the table below, we have mentioned State/UT-wise desired local language proficiency;
Desired Local Language Proficiency
|Assam||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Dogri, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Urdu, Gojri, Pahari, Ladakhi, Balti (Palli), Dardi, Hindi|
|Uttar Pradesh||Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit|
|West Bengal||Bengali, Nepali|
|Puducherry||Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu|
Form of Certificates to be Produced for Each Category
|Candidates belonging to SC/ST||Download PDF|
|Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes||Download PDF|
|Disability Form 1 ((In cases of amputation or complete permanent paralysis of limbs and in cases of blindness)||Download PDF|
|Disability Form II (In case of multiple disabilities)||Download PDF|
|Disability Form III (In cases other than those mentioned in Form I and II)||Download PDF|
|Income & Asset Certificate for Economically Weaker candidates||Download PDF|
|Form of Certificate applicable for Released/Retired Personnel||Download PDF|
|Form of Certificate for Serving Personnel||Download PDF|
|Undertaking to be given by serving Armed Force personnel who are due to be released within one year||Download PDF|
|Form of Certificate applicable for Serving Armed Force Personnel who have already completed their initial assignment and are on extended assignment||Download PDF|
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria for Person with Disability
Here is the IBPS RRB Eligibility criteria for various categories including for Person with Disability. Candidates who suffer from the disability not less than 40% certified by Medical Board can apply for under the PwD category.
It is important to carry documents, which certify the claim, issued by the authority of medical boards under the central/state government. PwD category includes candidates with the following disabilities:
- Visually Impaired- This category includes candidates with total blindness, visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses and limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired- Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. Such candidates experience total loss of hearing ability in both the ears.
- Orthopedically Challenged- Candidates who have a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of a minimum of 40% can apply for IBPS RRB under this category. Also, candidates who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply for IBPS RRB 2020:
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms OA – One arm affected (R or L), Impaired reach, Weakness of grip, Ataxia
- OL – One leg affected (R and or L)
- MW – Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
Guidelines for Scribe
Candidates using a scribe or suffering from locomotor disability and cerebral palsy or any visual impairment must follow the rules and regulations set by IBPS RRB. Here are some guidelines to be followed for candidates belonging to these categories:
Candidates Using Scribe
Candidates whose writing speed is majorly affected due to the disability can use a scribe at their own risk. A candidate who chooses to sit with a scribe must acquaint the scribe with following rules that are applicable in IBPS RRB 2020 examination:
- The scribe will not be arranged by the examination committee, candidates will have to arrange for scribe at their own cost.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate can belong to any stream.
- If a candidate sitting for the post of Specialist’s Officers arranges for a scribe, then they must keep in mind that the scribe must be from the academically different stream from that prescribed for the post.
- An undertaking must be signed by the scribe as well as a candidate confirming that scribe fulfills all the eligibility conditions required by IBPS.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- Scribe requirement must be mentioned in the application form along with the request for time concession.
- If candidate or scribe fails to follow rules and regulations laid down by IBPS RRB 2020, both candidate, as well as a scribe, will be held guilty and the candidature of the candidate shall be canceled along with disciplinary actions as applicable.
Guidelines for Candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy
Candidate with minimum 40% impairment shall be provided with the concession of 20 minutes per hour in the writing section if locomotor disability and cerebral palsy hinder performance.
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Candidates
Visually impaired candidates can opt for the contents of the question paper to be magnified in the font. Such a candidate shall be given an extra 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination. However, the magnifying facility shall not be available for the candidates who opt for the scribe.
IBPS RRB 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Number of Attempts
As per the IBPS RRB Exam Eligibility, there is no well-defined number of attempts for the IBPS RRB 2020 Exam. However, the age criteria have been mentioned by the recruiting body. Candidates are advised to check the IBPS RRB 2020 Age Limit before filling the application form.
If candidates are applying for the post of Officer Scale I, then their minimum age should be 18 years and the maximum age is 30 years, so for such candidates, the number of attempts will be 12.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria FAQ’s
Q) Is there any age limit to apply for the IBPS RRB Exam?
Yes. As per the IBPS RRB 2020 Eligibility criteria, there is a certain age limit for applying different posts of the IBPS exam.
Q) I am in my final year of graduation. Can I apply for the IBPS RRB Exam?
No. As per the IBPS RRB Eligibility, the only candidates who have completed their graduation are eligible to apply for the IBPS RRB 2020 Exam.
Q) What is the IBPS RRB Clerk Age Limit?
The minimum age of the candidates applying for the IBPS RRB Clerk post should be 18 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. Candidates who have Born earlier than 2nd June 1991 and later than 1st June 2001 are eligible to apply for the IBPS RRB Officer Assistant Post.
Q) Is there any eligibility criteria for Person with Disability?
Yes. As per the IBPS RRB Exam eligibility, Candidates who suffer from the disability not less than 40% certified by Medical Board can apply for the exam under the PwD category.
Q) I am from Nepal, am I eligible to apply for the IBPS RRB Exam?
Yes. Candidates Subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, and Indian origin person who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam can apply for the IBPS RRB Exam 2020.
Q) What is the main qualification required to apply for the IBPS RRB 2020 Exam?
A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent to apply for the IBPS RRB 2020 Exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!