IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF: Check Important Topics
- IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF Download
- Changes in IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
- IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
- Download the IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF
- IBPS PO Mains Syllabus 2020
- What are the Best Books for IBPS PO Exam?
- IBPS PO Syllabus FAQ’s ( Frequently Asked Questions)
This article will take you through the IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 for the Prelims & Mains Exam. Candidates can also download the Syllabus PDF for enhancing their preparation.
During preparation, the first thing to remember is knowing the important topics from each section. Also, make sure to check the IBPS PO Cut Off as it is important to score above the cut off marks to be eligible for further stages.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF Download
IBPS has reopened the applications for the supplementary preliminary examination. Hence, another IBPS PO Prelims exam is scheduled for January 5 & 6, 2021, in online mode. Candidates can check out the detailed syllabus and be exam ready.
- The Syllabus will be divided into 2 major parts:- Prelims Syllabus & Mains Syllabus. IBPS PO Selection Process has 3 stages.
- We have also provided tips & tricks to crack the Interview round.
Changes in IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
Following changes have been made in the IBPS Syllabus the Exam structure in the past year-
1) New Descriptive Paper Added: Similar to the SBI PO examination, candidates will be required to give a descriptive paper to judge the writing skills of the students. In this section, students will be asked to write a Letter & an essay on any given topic.
This section will carry a total of 25 marks & total time allotted is 30 minutes.
2) No separate Computer Application paper will be conducted: The Computer Application has been merged with Reasoning and this section will have 45 Questions and a total of 60 marks.
3)Sectional Timing & Overall Time has changed: The IBPS Mains exam will be conducted for 180 minutes + 30 minutes for the descriptive test.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2020
The Prelims examination tests candidates in Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude & English.
The following table shows the IPBS PO Syllabus for the Preliminary exam
|English Language- 30 marks||Quantitative Aptitude – 35 marks||Reasoning – 35 marks|
|Reading Comprehension||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Cloze Test||Profit and Loss||Alphanumeric Series|
|Para Jumbles||Mixtures and Allegations||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Miscellaneous||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Indices||Data Sufficiency|
|Fill in the blanks||Work and Time||Coded Inequalities|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Time and Distance||Seating Arrangement|
|Paragraph Completion||Mensuration- Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Puzzle|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Syllogism|
|Number Systems||Blood Relations|
|Sequence and Series||Input-Output|
|Permutation, Combination, and Probability||Coding-Decoding|
|Percentages||Statement and Argument|
Candidates can check the IBPS PO Exam Pattern to understand the sectional timings & marks allotted to each section.
Download the IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF
Candidates can easily download the PDF for IBPS PO Examination given here-
|IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus PDF||IBPS PO Mains Syllabus PDF|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus 2020
The Mains Exam tests candidates in Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (majorly focusing on Economy & Banking).
IBPS PO Syllabus for English
- Word Formation
- Spotting Errors
- Phrases and idioms
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Active/ Passive voice
3. Reading Comprehension
- Theme Detection
- Passage completion
- Topic rearrangement of passage
- Deriving Conclusion
IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, Distance and time
- Mixture and allegation
- Stocks and shares
- Volume and surface Area
- Height and Distances
- Permutation and combinations
- Simple and compound interest
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Elements of Algebra
- Data Interpretation
- Pie charts
- Bar & Graphs
- Line charts.
- Combination of any two of the above
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude Syllabus
1. Verbal reasoning
- Puzzles (Box, Floor, Age-Based etc)
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Blood Relations
- Passage and conclusions
- Alphabet test
- Series Test
- Number, Ranking and time sequence
- Direction sense Test
- Decision-making test
- Figure series
- Input/output, Assertion and reasoning
- Sitting Arrangement
2. Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Series test
- Odd One Out
- Miscellaneous Test
3. Computer Aptitude
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Windows operating system basics
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of computers
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses.
IBPS Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of the last 6 months.
- Overview of the Indian Financial System
- History of the Indian banking system.
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
What are the Best Books for IBPS PO Exam?
Some more of our hand-picked IBPS Bank PO Best books for important subjects is mentioned below-
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude Test for Bank PO by N K Singh by Upkar Publication
- English Language by Wren & Martin
- Bank PO Solved papers for PO & MT – Kiran Publication
- General Awareness category – Mahindra Financial and Banking Awareness
Aspirants can take the help of these books to prepare for all topics mentioned in the IBPS PO Syllabus above.
IBPS PO Syllabus FAQ’s ( Frequently Asked Questions)
Q-What are the most scoring topics in reasoning?
A- Some of the scoring subjects in Reasoning are Number series, coding-decoding, blood relation & Syllogism.
Q-What are the most scoring topics in English?
A- Most scoring topics in English section are Fill in the blanks, Rearrangement & Reading Comprehension.
Q- Is there a Negative Marking in the IBPS PO Exam?
A- Yes, for each incorrect answer there is a deduction of 1/4th of the allotted marks to the question.
Q- What is the Exam Duration for Prelims?
A- The IBPS PO Prelims exam is conducted in 1 hour and 100 questions are asked. The Mains Exam is conducted in a time span of 3 hours 30 minutes.
Q- Is there Computer Aptitude in IBPS PO Syllabus?
A- Yes, students will be questioned on their Computer Aptitude. This section has been merged with the Logical Reasoning section in the IBPS PO Mains exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!
2 thoughts on “IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 PDF: Check Important Topics”
if i qualify prelims in 2019, but not attempted mains 2019. will i be eligible to write mains 2020 without appearing for prelims again ??? call me on 7730815313. priya