IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions With Answer – Download FREE PDF
Download IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions With Answer FREE PDF- Get spotting error questions with answers PDF with tips & tricks for IBPS PO.
IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions With Answer FREE PDF Download
This article along with the PDF is basically a study-guide which will aid to crack questions on “spotting the error” and you, in turn, will be able to fetch good marks. The English Language section of the IBPS PO exam consists of questions from topics like reading comprehension, cloze test, para – jumbles, spotting the error and fill in the blanks. Among all the other questions, spotting error questions are the mark fetching ones. For your help, we bring you IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions with Answer FREE PDF Download with questions from IBPS experts.
Tips on How to solve Spotting Error Questions
- In order to solve spotting error questions, the first step required is to read the complete sentence carefully. In most of the cases if you read the sentences carefully, you will be able to detect the error in the first go itself.
- Make sure to check the subject-verb agreement properly while reading the sentence. Many a times, the error lies in the subject- verb agreement of the sentence.
- Check for all the spellings. You may also find error in the spellings used in the sentence.
- If you can still not detect the error or you are still unsure of the correct answer, then you must read each individual part of the sentence and closely examine which part consists of an error.
Few rules and tips to solve spotting errors in sentences
- Some of the nouns always take a singular verb.
For example- the noun scenery always takes “is” with it but never takes “are”.
- Some nouns are singular in form but they are used in the form of plural nouns and always take a plural verb.
For example– the noun “cattle” is singular but always takes “are” with it.
- Some nouns are always used in plural form and always take a plural verb.
For example– the noun “trousers” is plural and always takes “are” with it.
- A few nouns indicate length, measure, money, weight, etc. are preceded by a number.
For example– the noun “year” is preceded by a number like “three year program”.
- Some nouns have the same spelling but meaning varies in different sentences.
For example– “I ate one quarter of the vanilla cake” & “I live in a government quarter”.
- Pronoun “one” must be followed by “one’s”.
For example– One must complete one’s task on time.
- “Who” denotes subject and “whom” denotes object.
For example– “Who do you think is the culprit?” & “Whom are you referring to?”
- “Cause” produces a result but “reason” justifies a cause.
For example– “We are trying to find out the cause of this accident” & “You have a good reason to move on in your life”.
- “Men” is the plural form of “Man”, “People” is used for persons.
Stay tuned for more updates on IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions with Answer FREE PDF Download. All the best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!