IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions With Answer PDF Download
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS PO Exam annually to recruit for thousands of Probationary Officer Vacancies. This post will help in preparing for Spotting Error questions. The direct link to download Free IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions with Answer PDF from the link mentioned below.
IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions & Answers PDF
- English Language section is a part of IBPS PO Syllabus for both prelims and mains.
- With the right amount of practice, English section can be very scoring as compared to other sections in the Bank PO Exam.
- Practicing with IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions covers a major part of the English section and is considered to be very scoring.
- The IBPS PO Preparation Tips will provide strategies and study material for exam preparation.
- Download and practice with the IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions with Answer PDF given below.
Why is the topic of Spotting Error Important?
Spotting errors in a sentence is a very commonly asked question in the English section of the Bank PO Exam.
- This topic can be very scoring in the exam, practising topics which can guarantee full marks is a good preparation strategy.
- Make use of this scoring topic to ace the English section in the exam
IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions with Answer PDF Download
The following table has the link to download the PDF file. Tips and tricks to attempt these questions have been mentioned below in this article. Go through these tips to understand the steps of solving these questions.
|IBPS PO Error Spotting Questions PDF|
- Questions given in this PDF file are followed by 5 options, you have to choose the right option in each question.
- Once you have answered all questions you can view the answer key given at the end of the PDF file.
How to solve Spotting Error Questions?
- In order to solve spotting error questions, the first step required is to read the complete sentence carefully. In most of the cases, if you read the sentences carefully, you will be able to detect the error in the first go itself.
- Make sure to check the subject-verb agreement properly while reading the sentence. Many times, the error lies in the subject-verb agreement of the sentence.
- Check for all the spellings. You may also find an error in the spellings used in the sentence.
- If you can still not detect the error or you are still unsure of the correct answer, then you must read each individual part of the sentence and closely examine which part consists of an error.
Few rules and tips to spot errors in sentences
- Some of the nouns always take a singular verb.
For example- the noun scenery always takes “is” with it but never takes “are”.
- Some nouns are singular in form but they are used in the form of plural nouns and always take a plural verb.
For example– the noun “cattle” is singular but always takes “are” with it.
- Some nouns are always used in the plural form and always take a plural verb.
For example– the noun “trousers” is plural and always takes “are” with it.
- A few nouns indicate length, measure, money, weight, etc. are preceded by a number.
For example– the noun “year” is preceded by a number like “three-year program”.
- Some nouns have the same spelling but meaning varies in different sentences.
For example– “I ate one-quarter of the vanilla cake” & “I live in a government quarter”.
- Pronoun “one” must be followed by “one’s”.
For example– One must complete one’s task on time.
- “Who” denotes subject and “whom” denotes object.
For example– “Who do you think is the culprit?” & “Whom are you referring to?”
- “Cause” produces a result but “reason” justifies a cause.
For example– “We are trying to find out the cause of this accident” & “You have a good reason to move on in your life”.
- “Men” is the plural form of “Man”, “People” is used for persons.
IBPS PO English Language Section – Important Topics
Along with the IBPS PO Spotting Error Questions, following are the important topics in the English Language section of the Bank PO Exam
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze Test||Fill in the Blanks|
|Synonyms/Antonyms||Phrases and idioms||Spelling|
- Practice more IBPS PO English Questions to get an idea about all important topics in the prelims & mains exam.
- If you practice the above mentioned English Language topics thoroughly, you will be able to ace this section in the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!