IBPS PO Preparation Tips | Know Section-wise tips & tricks to crack IBPS PO Exam
- IBPS PO Preparation Tips
- How to prepare for IBPS PO?
- IBPS PO Selection Process:
- IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Prelims & Mains
- IBPS PO Preparation Tips: Mock Test
- What are the Best Books for IBPS PO Exam?
IBPS PO Preparation Tips 2019-20 will give important insights in cracking the popular Bank PO exam. The IBPS PO Recruitment Exam is conducted to hire for Probationary officers in the Public banking sector. This post will take you through important IBPS PO Preparation strategies, subject-wise tips, best books to study from and more.
The IBPS Bank PO exam is considered to be of Moderate Level Difficulty however the difficulty level of the Bank PO Exam has steadily increased over the years. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for this exam, hence it is important to be thoroughly prepared. With the help of the right IBPS PO strategy, candidates can expect to clear the exam.
- The IBPS Exam will be conducted in 3 stages: Prelims, Mains & Interview. Preliminary Online Test is going to be conducted on 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019.
- Aspirant can download the IBPS PO Syllabus to refer to while preparing for the CWE (Common Written Examination).
- Preliminary Exam is an objective online paper that tests candidates in the English Language, Quantitative/Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam – The exam consists of 100 Questions which are to be answered in 60 minutes
- IBPS Bank PO Negative Marking- For each incorrect answer there is a markdown of 0.25 marks.
- Sectional Cut Off– Candidates must clear the sectional cut off in the Prelims exam to be eligible for Mains CWE (Common Written Examination).
IBPS PO Preparation Tips
The Subject-wise IBPS Preparation tips & recommended books to study from has been mentioned below. As there is a small window between the prelims & mains exam, candidates hoping to be appointed to the position of Probationary officer should also prepare for Mains Examination beforehand.
- It is essential to clear the cut off for each stage in order to be appointed as a PO.
- Appearing candidates can check the Expected IBPS PO Cut Off 2019-20 for Prelims to set a realistic target/goal for the exam.
- Prepare for the Exam with these Books: Comprehensive guide to IBPS by DISHA Publications and Target IBPS PO by Disha Publications. The subject-wise books for the exam have been mentioned below.
How to prepare for IBPS PO?
Here are some important pointers that will assist in IBPS Preparation for the upcoming exam.
- Attempt IBPS PO Reasoning Questions to practice for logical and reasoning ability section in the prelims exam.
- Make sure to be updated about all banking terms, banking related events and updates in the country.
- Read an English Newspaper to brush up on current events and build on your vocabulary.
- IBPS PO English Questions with Answers will help in knowing what kind of topics are commonly asked in the exam & also help in practicing fill in the blanks, error detection/sentences, passage, and other important topics.
IBPS PO Selection Process:
The Selection process in IBPS Comprises of Preliminary exam, Mains exam. Candidates who clear the Preliminary exams will qualify for the mains exam. The selection process consists of two stages:
- Prelims Exam- Tests candidates in Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude & English.
- Mains Exam- Questions students on Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (majorly focusing on Economy & Banking).
- Interview (Face to Face)- IBPS conducts the interview to test candidates on their presentation, knowledge about Banking, Current Affairs & more.
*The final appointment is done on the basis of marks obtained in the IBPS PO Mains Exam + Interview.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Prelims & Mains
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has introduced Sectional timing in IBPS PO Prelims as well as in Mains Exam. You can have a quick glance at the exam pattern for Prelims below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes for each section|
- Candidates will have to clear the sectional cut off & the overall cut off to clear the Prelims exam.
- This is a qualifying section, marks obtained in the prelims are not considered in the final selection.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for the English Language
Important topics in the English are –
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Detection
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
Important IBPS Preparation Tips to Crack the English Section-
- The first point of focus should be to Grammar. It is a very essential part of the paper. Take a look at the following Strategies for the best result.
- IBPS PO English section is generic and with the right preparation, it can be very easy to complete.
- Reading an English newspaper every day will help in understanding grammar, improve vocabulary and Current Affairs.
- Improving your Vocabulary takes some time. Make sure to learn 1 new word every day.
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Practice is the key to success in this section. Go through these important topics thoroughly.
|Percentage||Profit & Loss||Speed, Distance & Time||Simplification, Age Problems||Ratio & Proportion|
IBPS PO Strategy to crack the Quant Section has been mentioned below. As the Quantitative aptitude section is considered to be challenging, go through all points thoroughly
- The Numerical Ability section is challenging. It is considered to be the toughest section of the exam.
- In order to crack the Numerical Aptitude section, make sure to practice it every day.
- Attempt as many mock tests as possible.
- Make a chart of all the formulas and paste it in your room. Keep going through the formulas whenever you get the time.
- Do not miss out on any topic.
- Try to give more time to the topics that are tough.
- If it gets frustrating, take a short break and then resume after 5-10 minutes.
Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section
Important topics for the Logical Reasoning section are-
- The above-mentioned topics are repeated in every IBPS PO CWE (Common Written Examination)
- Students should cover at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
*Puzzles being the most frequently asked topic. We have prepared Logical Reasoning Practice Tests for you
Download & practice the below mentioned PDF’s
|IBPS PO Practice Test Pdf||IBPS PO Practice Paper Pdf|
Preparation tips for Computer Aptitude
The Revised IBPS PO Exam Pattern has merged the computer Aptitude with the Reasoning section. Important topics in the computer aptitude section are
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Operating system basics
- Internet terms and services
- Networking and communication
Candidates can make use of the Suggested book for the computer aptitude section: Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publication.
- Learn all basic computer & networking terminologies.
- Know about internet functionalities.
General Knowledge and Banking Awareness Preparation Tips
Go through the following important topics
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of the last 6 months.
- Overview of the Indian Financial System
- History of the Indian banking system.
- Recent credit and monetary policies
Important preparation tips for IBPS PO GK Section
- Read the Newspaper regularly to be updated about the current affairs & shifts in the banking sector.
- Go through the overview of the Indian Economic & financial system.
- Watch financial news regularly to know of the Indian financial Ecosystem.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips: Mock Test
We have covered the section-wise IBPS PO Preparation Tips above. Let us have a look at a very useful resource for IBPS PO exam preparation: Mock Tests.
- Candidates should attempt to go through as many Mock Tests as possible.
- Mock tests will help candidates in getting acquainted with the exam pattern.
- It helps in figuring out the Strong & Weak sections.
- Preparing candidates can find their weaknesses & focus on improving it.
Practice the below mentioned IBPS Mock Tests
|IBPS PO Banking Quiz||IBPS PO Mock Test|
What are the Best Books for IBPS PO Exam?
Some more of our hand-picked IBPS Bank PO Best books for important subjects is mentioned below-
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude Test for Bank PO by N K Singh by Upkar Publication
- English Language by Wren & Martin
- Bank PO Solved papers for PO & MT – Kiran Publication
- General Awareness category – Mahindra Financial and Banking Awareness.
Share your thoughts/queries here!
2 thoughts on “IBPS PO Preparation Tips | Know Section-wise tips & tricks to crack IBPS PO Exam”
Check IBPS PO and BANK PO Complete study tips here.
Click on this video to know all about How to Prepare for IBPS Bank PO, SBI PO, Clerical & SO Exams.