IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips and Tricks | How to score well?
- IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips and Tricks
- About IBPS PO (Mains) English Descriptive Paper
- English Descriptive Paper : Letter Writing
- Important sections to include in Letter:
- IBPS PO Mains Writing Test – Format of Letter Writing
- IBPS PO Mains – Essay Writing Tips
- Some Possible topics to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Paper
- Important Tips for Essay Writing – IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips
How to Improve Your English Descriptive Test Scores – Get important IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips and Tricks. Know how to excel in Descriptive Writing Paper. Read along to know more.
IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips and Tricks
The IBPS PO prelims are over now and it’s high time for all the participating aspirants to gear up for IBPS PO Mains 2018, which is going to commence on 18th November, 2018. The result for IBPS PO Prelims will be out soon. The IBPS PO Mains exam is right around the corner and you need to give your best shot to the remaining phase (Mains and Interview) to get selected as an IBPS PO. The IBPS PO Mains paper shall consist of four sections with Objective questions and an English Descriptive Paper section. Here we will learn more about the Descriptive Paper and know some IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips to score better in it.
About IBPS PO (Mains) English Descriptive Paper
Writing skills are an integral part of communication and Descriptive Test on English will test your writing skills, understanding, analyzing and summarizing skills. It puts all your knowledge of language and General Awareness to Test. By working on your writing skills you will become more capable of analyzing data, interpreting data, and thinking critically. You should know the question types, evaluation criteria and Dos & Don’ts for this section. You must also remember that the test shall be conducted online, i.e., you will have to type the essays and letters.
Before moving on further, you can have a look on the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
Specifically, the Main exam consists of an English Language Descriptive Writing Test. The pattern of test is given below:
- Questions : 1 on essay writing & 1 on letter writing ( Total : 2 )
- Maximum Marks : 25
- Time Allotted : 30 minutes
English Descriptive Paper : Letter Writing
In IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Paper 2018, a letter can be asked in the form of Personal or Business letter. Remember, that a letter addressed to an official is a Business letter whereas the one addressed to your friends/family is a Personal letter. Firstly familiarize yourself with the formats of both Business and Personal letter.
Important sections to include in Letter:
The below given are some sections that you must not forget to include in both type of letters : Formal or personal.
|Parts of Letter||About the Parts of Letter|
|Letterhead||Your false address|
|Letter Address||The recipient’s/
addressee’s address (false address)
|The reason why you
are writing the letter
|Salutation||References like “Dear Sir/Madam”,
“Dear Mother, or
simply “Sir” etc.
|Contains an introductory
paragraph, ‘body’ explaining
the subject in detail and
a concluding paragraph.
|Regardful signing off, for e.g.
“yours faithfully”, etc.
|Your false name & designation
(if given in question)
You can also go through the IBPS PO Mains Preparation Tips for the complete syllabus for enhanced preparation strategies.
IBPS PO Mains Writing Test – Format of Letter Writing
The most important thing while writing a letter is the format. There are few things you must include in the body format of the letter. These are to be followed in order (top to bottom):
- Date: include the date and day of writing the letter.
- Sender’s Address: Here you must include sender’s address and email.
- Inside Address: Here you must include the address of the reader, to whom you are sending the letter.
- Salutation: You must include the colon at the end of salutation. References like “Dear Sir/Madam”, “Dear Mother, or simply “Sir” etc.
- Body text: Here state the reason for writing, mention the solution, opinions, we need to add about 2-3 paragraphs of the body.
- In the first paragraph of the formal letter, you must introduce yourself and state the reason for writing the letter.
- You don’t need to introduce yourself in an informal letter. Just stating the reason for writing the letter would suffice.
- Contains an introductory paragraph, ‘body’ explaining the subject in detail and a concluding paragraph.
- Convey information in a right way. Write that is the most crucial part of the letter which is also be considered as the central message of the letter.
- There are certain rules you should know about the complimentary closing of formal letters. If you know the name of the addressee and begin the letter with “Dear Mr. Abc”, etc. then stick to signing off with ‘yours sincerely/truly’. If you don’t know the name to whom you are writing and are addressing the recipient as “Dear Sir”, “Dear Sir/Madam”, etc. then close the letter with ‘yours faithfully’.
- But we advised the safest and the best practice to write ABC or XYZ instead of mentioning your name in the letter.
IBPS PO Mains – Essay Writing Tips
The Descriptive Paper for IBPS PO Mains shall also contain a question on Essay Writing. So, you should remember the following guidelines:
- Introduction: It should include the Background and the history of the Subject.
- About: It should include the details, concept, and theory of the Subject.
- Positives: Here you must state the advantages of the subject which should include various benefits caused to the different sections of the society, Indian economy, women, and country overall. At last, state what impact it has worldwide (if any).
- Negatives: This should be covered carefully and include any harm it has caused / will cause to the people, economy of the country.
- Suggestions: Here you must mention any improvement in the subject for the better. The suggestion should be good and must reflect positive changes in the future.
- Conclusion: Here you are required to summarize all the points you have mentioned above.
Some Possible topics to Prepare for IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Paper
Here are some important topics that may be possibly asked in the exam to write. These may work as the best IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips for you:
- Merger of PSU Banks
- Issue of Women Safety in India
- Effect of Digital monetization in India
- Privatization of Government Sector Bank
- Growth of E-commerce Industry
- Article 377 Verdict – Pros and Cons
- Cyber Crime and ways to stop it
Important Tips for Essay Writing – IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips
- Start practicing by writing small paragraphs on relevant topics.
- Take time to choose the subject.
- You should be familiar with the subject.
- Give informed opinions instead of stating assumptions.
- Think for some time about the subject.
- Note down all the important points.
- Be neutral while writing an essay.
- Read more newspapers and magazines to stay updated on recent topics and also have a strong vocabulary.
We hope that the above article on IBPS PO Mains Descriptive Test Tips would have helped you in understanding of the paper and approach to write the paper. We wish you All the Best for the upcoming paper. For any more queries, you can write to us in the comments section below and we are always here to help you. Stay tuned for more updates.
Share your thoughts/queries here!