IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018 | Check Complete Selection Process
Complete selection process, Prelims exam pattern, Mains exam Pattern – IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2018
IBPS has released its official notification recently for recruitment of Probationary officers . Therefore, we suggest you start preparing for the exam as soon as you can. Before starting the preparation strategy, you should go through the IBPS PO Exam Pattern in detail. IBPS PO Selection process consists of 3 stages – Preliminary, Mains exam and an Interview. Once a candidate qualifies the preliminary exam, he/she will become eligible to write Mains examination. Once the Mains CBT(Computer Based Test) is over, candidates will also appear for a descriptive test in English to check language proficiency. IBPS has introduced sectional timing in the Prelims exam pattern this time. So, go ahead and take a look at the detailed exam pattern.
Below are the Selection process, Official Prelims exam pattern, and Mains exam Pattern for IBPS PO 2018.
IBPS PO 2018 Selection Process
Selection process for IBPS PO will consist of 3 stages
- Preliminary Examination (Online)
- Mains Examination (Online)
The IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card for 2018 is released. Go through the link below to download:
IBPS PO 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern:
- The first step towards becoming a bank PO in reputed public sector banks across the nation.
- Prelims examination consist of 3 sections having a total of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Time alloted for Prelims examination is 1 hour.
- Candidates who qualify in this stage of selection process will be eligible for Mains examination.
|Section||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Go through the article on IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 to know more about the Recruitment.
IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam Pattern:
- Mains examination will consist of 4 sections having a total of 155 questions for 200 marks.
- The time allotted for Mains exam is 3 hours.
- After the Mains examination is over, candidates will appear for a descriptive test in English for 25 marks having a time limit of 30 minutes.
- This test will check the candidate’s proficiency in English language.
- This particular exam will have a weightage of 80% in the final selection.
|Section||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Time
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
IBPS PO 2018 Descriptive Test:
- Right after the Mains exam, candidates will have to appear for the Descriptive Paper.
- The Descriptive Paper is of 25 marks
- The total time allotted for this section is 30 minutes.
- Candidates will have to write an Essay and a Letter.
IBPS PO 2018 Interview Round:
- After the Mains Exam, selected candidates who clear the cut-off will called for an Personal Interview.
- The Interview is of total 100 marks.
- The passing percentage in the Interview process is 40% (35% for SC/ST/PwD).
- The Final selection of a candidate will be made on the basis of scores obtained in all three rounds, i.e Prelims, Mains and Interview. The ratio of evaluation of the marks of (Prelims and Mains) is to Interview is 80:20.
Know the IBPS PO Syllabus & begin your preparation now!
Stay Tuned for more Examination related updates and notifications. If you have any query or suggestion, Do write us in the comments below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!