IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
- IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
- IBPS PO Educational Qualification
- IBPS PO Age Limit
- Nationality/Citizenship IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
- IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- How to Apply Online for IBPS PO Exam?
- IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has been mentioned in this post in detail. The IBPS PO Recruitment seeks to fill 4336 vacancies for numerous public sector banks, landing a job in a public sector banks is sought after by Lakhs of aspirants. IBPS fills vacancies for SBI, Associate Banks of SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, LIC, Insurance companies & other Banks. In this article, we will provide complete Eligibility information about the IBPS Bank PO Exam.
- Official Notification for IBPS PO 2019-20 will be announced by the end of July 2019.
- Interested candidates can apply for the IBPS Application Form online once IBPS starts accepting applicants.
- The eligibility criteria state that students who are graduate and above can appear for this exam.
- The IBPS PO Selection Process will take you through all stages in the IBPS Bank PO exam.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
Interested candidates who wish to apply for this prestigious banking test should meet all requirements set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The major checkpoints in the IBPS eligibility are –
- Age relaxation as per government norms is applicable in the Bank PO exam. Details of age relaxation as per category are mentioned below.
- Salary for IBPS has been increased & the basic pay has been raised to Rs 23,700. Know the In-hand IBPS PO Salary, additional Allowances & career growth.
IBPS PO Educational Qualification
Candidates must meet the following IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria for educational qualification in order to apply for the exam.
Graduation Degree Requirement
- The aspirant must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a government recognized university.
- If the candidate doesn’t possess a graduation degree, then he/she must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Government of India to appear for the IBPS Bank PO Exam.
- The date on mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the university will be considered as the date of passing the course.
- Degree or any equivalent document should be from a university/institute/ Board recognized by the government of India or approved by govt. regulatory bodies.
- If any university provides a web-based certificate or result, then the candidate must submit a relevant original document or a certificate signed by the designated authority of that college or university.
- The date of passing from an institution must be clearly mentioned at the time of the interview, otherwise, the IBPS PO eligibility criteria will not be met.
Percentage Calculation as per the Educational Qualification Eligibility
As some universities/institutes don’t mention a percentage in the Degree/mark sheet, as per the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria it is essential to calculate your marks into %. Given below is the way to resolve this discrepancy.
- The marks obtained must be divided by total marks and multiplied by 100 to get the final percentage.
- This will be applicable for universities/Colleges where the Class / Grade is decided on the basis of Honors marks only.
- During the interview round, the candidate is required to have a certificate issued by the appropriate authority mentioning the norms of the university regarding the conversion of grade into a percentage (%).
IBPS PO Age Limit
- The Minimum Age of 20 Years is required to apply for the IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Exam is.
- The maximum Age is 30 Years to apply for IBPS PO Exam.
The Age Limit to apply for the Bank PO exam is flexible for certain categories. Go through the age relaxation details below to know more.
IBPS PO Age Relaxation
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Persons with domicile of J & K during the period from January 01, 1980 December 31, 1989.||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
*Candidates who belong to any of the categories mentioned above need to have the relevant category certificate ( Original + photocopy)
*Along with the Ex-Serviceman, 5-year relaxation is also applicable for Commissioned Officers which includes Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs) & Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year) otherwise way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service.
Nationality/Citizenship IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The candidate hoping to get enrolled in public sector banks and appear for the IBPS Examination should be a citizen of India or any of these nationalities mentioned below-
- Citizenship of India.
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan Refugee, arrived prior to 1 January 1962.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India.
*Candidates who are not citizens of India should have a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India during the time of Bank PO interview.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
Persons with Disabilities (PWD) have some preset guidelines set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. These guidelines along with instructions have been mentioned below-
Instructions for Candidates using a Scribe
- Candidates will have to arrange their own scribe & will have to bear the expense on their own.
- The scribe could be from any academic background.
- Candidates with scribes will be eligible for an additional 20 minutes for every hour of examination.
- The scribe & the candidate will both have to submit an undertaking along with valid documents before the IBPS Exam.
- The scribe must not be a candidate in the IBPS Bank PO exam.
Guidelines for Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy Candidates
- An Addition of 20 minutes will be given to candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy Candidates
- The candidates with Dominant extremity which affects the performance of function ( at least 40%) will be eligible for this.
Instructions for Visually Impaired Candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of disability can view the contents with a magnifying font. These candidates will get an addition 20 minutes for every 1 hour of the exam.
- This is only applicable for candidates not using the help of a Scribe.
How to Apply Online for IBPS PO Exam?
- Candidates can apply online through the IBPS PO Application Form.
- Click on new registration.
- A new page will open after clicking on new registration.
- Enter all personal details.
- Click on register now.
- Upload photograph and signature in the next step.
- Upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Proceed to pay the registration fee.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What Posts are available with IBPS PO Exam?
A-IBPS PO Exam recruits for Probationary Officer (PO) & Management Trainee (MT)
Q. When are the exams for IBPS PO scheduled?
A- The IBPS PO exam is held in the month of October every year.
Q. What are the minimum marks required to apply for IBPS PO Exam?
A- You must score at least 50% aggregate in your graduation.
Q. I am 34 years old and belong to the SC Category. Can I apply for the IBPS Bank PO Exam?
A- Yes, you can apply for the exam. The Eligibility criteria to apply for the IBPS Bank PO exam is 20-30 years. You will receive the SC age relaxation for 5 years, hence you can apply.
Q. Can a final year student apply for IBPS Bank PO Exam?
A-Yes, Final year student can apply for the exam. However, the candidate will require a graduation degree from a recognized university in order to be selected as a PO.
Q. I have a 5 year age gap in my academics, do I still meet the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria?
A- Yes, as long as you fall within the Age Limit of 20 to 30 years, you can apply for the exam.
Q. I am a citizen of Nepal, can I apply for the exam?
A- Yes, you can apply for the exam. You will need to produce the certificate of eligibility by the government of India.
Share your thoughts/queries here!