IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips – Online Video Tutorial
- IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips
- Selection Procedure for IBPS PO:
- IBPS PO CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
- IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips – Section wise Strategy
- How to prepare for English Test?
- How to improve English Vocabulary for IBPS PO 2017?
- How to Prepare for Reading Comprehension?
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability in English for IBPS PO 2017?
- General Strategy to Prepare for English in IBPS PO Prelims and Mains:
IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips – Tips for How to Crack English in IBPS PO with good marks, video tutorial
IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips
How to prepare English for IBPS PO – IBPS or the Institute of Banking and Personal Selection is a autonomous body that is set up for conducting recruitment and banking exams. IBPS Banking exam is taken by lakhs of students every year. IBPS is one of the most sought after exams and is known for its IBPS PO and Clerk exams. More than 19 banks participate every year in the IBPS exams.
IBPS Bank exam Participating banks: Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Dena Bank, IDBI Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank
Selection Procedure for IBPS PO:
The Selection process in IBPS Comprises of Preliminary exam, Mains exam and interview. Candidates who clear the Preliminary exams will qualify for the mains exam and those who qualify in the mains exam will appear for interview in front of a panel. Candidates will finally be selected for IBPS PO.
IBPS PO CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
Name of Tests
No. of Qs
Composite time of 1 hour
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for
b. Main Examination
Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
Medium of Exam
Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
General Awareness (with special reference to Banking)
English & Hindi
English & Hindi
The English section for the IBPS PO examination can be divided into 4 parts and to score a high section wise cutoff in English, you need to prepare well. Grammar comes with practice, and practice is to read as much as you can. Once, you read a lot your grammar will be strengthened.
The English Section comprises of 4 areas that you need to focus on:
3. Reading comprehension
4. Verbal Ability
IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips – Section wise Strategy
Video Tutorial – IBPS PO English Preparation Tips
How to prepare for English Test?
There are two main topics in Grammar. Grammar comprises of Error spotting and Phrase Replacement.
#1. Grammar: The Grammar section comprises of around 5-10 questions asked from like tenses, articles, prepositions, degrees of comparison, subject-verb agreement, conjunctions, parts of speech, standard construction, adverbs, number in nouns, etc
- Prepare well for Grammar: It is necessary to prepare well for grammar and one can use books like High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin from S. Chand Publishers. Going through the book will help you strengthen your basics of Grammar. It is one of the most widely used books used for learning about English Grammar.
- Read the book for relevant exercises on Error spotting and Gerunds.
- Practice grammar questions thoroughly using free grammar apps. Using Grammar related apps is a convenient way to learn as you travel or are in any given place. All you need is a smartphone and you can improve your grammar with the help of mobile apps. There are several grammar coaching apps on both Android and iOS store and you can download and learn grammar instantly.
How to improve English Vocabulary for IBPS PO 2017?
You will find the following questions on the following topics
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks (Double blanks)
#1. IBPS PO paper for the year is set by IBPS. It is unlikely that the questions will have word association pair, phrase or idiom. However, it is hard to predict what will come in the examination.
#2. Refer the dictionary more often. Oxford English Dictionary is the best dictionary in the world. Use oxford English English dictionaries or use Google or on line dictionary or other tools. Regularly using the dictionary will help you to improve your language and understand Reading comprehension in the right context.
How to Prepare for Reading Comprehension?
#3. Reading Comprehension
The passages in reading comprehension will be from Banking and Economy, Geo politics, Social issues, business, etc.
Questions will be factual oriented, inference based and will test vocabulary. Questions can also be about main idea, theme of passage, authors opinion and will test the understanding of the passage.
According to the old adage, ‘Practice makes a man perfect’
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability in English for IBPS PO 2017?
#4. Verbal Ability
1. The section contains questions on Para Jumbles, questions on paragraph completion. Para jumbles is usually a group of sentences that are jumbled up and need to be rearranged. You need to understand the questions in the right context to rearrange them.
2. Follow the sequence of the passage and keep the overall message of the passage and understand the story from the beginning to the end.
3. Looks for indications and connecting words or conjunctions that connect the story.
4. Odd sentence out is another subject that will be asked in the Verbal ability section.
General Strategy to Prepare for English in IBPS PO Prelims and Mains:
1. Just like the old adage, ‘Rome was not built in a day’, similarly languages too cannot be learnt in a day. You need to tirelessly learn a language to master it.
2. Read More to Improve: Do not underestimate reading. Read a lot of English books and academic textbooks as well.
3. Do not spend more than 15 minutes on the English section. You will have to solve a lot of IBPS PO mock test and learn to manage your time
4. Study the basics of grammar and this can be done even from school level grammar books to strengthen your basics.
5. To start with, attempt the vocabulary section first and then move on to Reading comprehension. The verbal ability section will come next as it is easy to score. Over all, you will have to strengthen your grammar to improve your scores in the English section of IBPS PO exam.
6. Read the newspaper editorial and opinion columns to improve your English. The english used in Newspaper editorials and opinion columns is good enough to improve your English.
We hope the IBPS PO 2017 English Preparation Tips will help you in scoring well in the English section of the examination.
Stay tuned for more updates on IBPS PO 2017!
Share your thoughts/queries here!