IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017- Complete Details for Prelims, Mains & Language Proficiency Test
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017- Get details of IBPS selection procedure 2017 for Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017- IBPS Clerk exam (prelims) is round the corner, which is the month of November 2017 and the IBPS mains exam will be held in the month of January 2018. Students must be busy preparing for the exam with lots of enthusiasm and dedication. But, your preparation is incomplete if you don’t have the knowledge of selection procedure of IBPS Clerk 2017. This post on IBPS Clerk selection procedure 2017 will help you understand the various stages of of the recruitment process and you will be able to your refine your preparation accordingly.
Check out the latest IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Pattern 2018 through the link mentioned below:
The selection process for IBPS Clerk is based on the latest IBPS Clerk 2017 notification. This post will give details of all rounds of selection process involved in IBPS Clerk recruitment.
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017- Phases
As per the revised norms of IBPS Clerk recruitment, the latest selection procedure can be
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Language Proficiency Test
- No interview
Please note that there is no interview as per the latest and revised selection procedure of IBPS Clerk 2017 exam. Let us one-by-one take a look at each phase in detail-
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017
The IBPS Clerk exam is of 1 hour time duration and is qualifying in nature. Given below is the exam pattern for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam is mentioned below –
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Total composite time of 60 minutes (1 hour)|
In prelims exam, you won’t find any provision for sectional time division.
IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
The candidate’s score in mains exam is considered in the final selection procedure. So, it is very crucial to perform well in IBPS Mains to crack IBPS clerk exam. The IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern is mentioned below-
|S. No.||Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Time|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Questions in all the sections will be both in Hindi as well as English, except for English Language section. For every incorrect response, you get penalized by 0.25 marks. The candidates need to surpass the sectional as well as the overall cut- off in order to crack IBPS clerk exam. Please note that in provisional allotment under IBPS Clerk selection procedure, total marks out of 200 will be converted out of 100.
Language Proficiency Test
- For provisional allotment, the candidates need to fulfill the criteria as prescribed by the participating banks. Whatever criteria is mentioned by the participating organization, the candidates need to fulfill the criteria.
- In the Language Proficiency test, the participating organizations will verify proficiency of the candidates in the local language of the concerned state/ UT. Basically, the test is to make sure that the candidate is able to read, write and speak the language.
- They may ask the candidates to write down a passage on a topic or to answer a few questions in the local language.
- The candidates who fail to qualify in this exam, their candidature may be cancelled by participating organizations of IBPS Clerk recruitment.
How to Crack IBPS Clerk 2017- Tips, tricks and simple hacks
- Cover all the crucial portions of IBPS clerk syllabus for each section properly before starting your preparation.
- Pay extra attention to important topics and pattern of IBPS clerk mains. Mains is going to decide your final fate in IBPS Clerk recruitment.
- Practice with IBPS Clerk online mock test regularly. Regular practice with mock tests will help you get accquainted with the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk asked.
- Keep motivating yourself to go an extra mile in your preparation.
- Keep yourself positive and work hard. You will surely achieve the success you seek for.
Stay tuned for more updates on IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure 2017. All the best!
Share your thoughts/queries here!