IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips, Tricks & Strategy
- IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips
There is still time in the IBPS Clerk Exam to take place. The candidates who are preparing for the paper must read this article. We have formed this one in order to give out the best IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips to the candidates, they must crack it in the first attempt.
IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips
The candidates do not have to panic when it comes to preparing for the IBPS Clerk. All they need to do is keep the schedule tight and get busy and completely involved in the preparation of the exam.
- It is very important for the students to learn to manage their time effectively as the IBPS has introduced sectional timing
- Reading the newspaper every day will help a lot
- Keep updating with the current affairs going on
- Read more and more about the Indian Constitution
- Go through the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern thoroughly and try to understand it
- Watch the news daily as a mandatory thing for 1-2 hours or just go through the headlines once
- Practice the topics more and more as much as it is possible
- Do not miss even one topic from the IBPS Clerk Syllabus, if it is missed, still read it once
- Read anything for 15 minutes a day in order to get the grammar and vocabulary better
- Learn tricks for the Maths Section but do not depend on it, just learn it for the sake of understanding it
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Pattern
As we look over the exam pattern, it is observed that there has been an introduction of some changes in it. The time duration, as well as the total number of questions, have been altered. Also, there has been a new concept which is Sectional Timing.
Candidates can also take help of IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Papers in order to prepare in a better way Moreover, the sections Computer Aptitude & Reasoning Ability have been combined as one now. The following table has the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern:
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|General & Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips For General English
If any student wants to score really high in the English Section, they have to make sure their basics are really strong and if they are not, this is the time to strengthen them.
- It is very important for all the students to have good knowledge of Grammar which will help them attempt questions correctly in regard to Active & Passive Voice, Error Spotting, Subject-Verb Agreement, Tenses, Direct & Indirect Speech, etc.
- One must have a very strong vocabulary in order to score well in the English Section of IBPS Clerk or any other competitive exam. Candidates must strive to learn 2-3 new words per day which will help them improvise their vocabulary
- Another way to strengthening the vocabulary, start read more and more synonyms and antonyms, it will be a great help and in one time, the students will learn many words all at once
- Form sentences of the new words that have been learned, it will be even better
- Start to read. There is no need to specifically read the newspaper or a book. One can pick up anything of their own interest and read it. Reading helps both in improvising one’s grammar as well as vocab
- Reading random things will give one a deep understanding of this language and it will only help the students in scoring high in the English Section
IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips For General/Financial Awareness
There are a total of 3 categories in this section which are Static GK, Banking Awareness and Current Affairs. Read the following to know how to prepare for the GK Section:
- Candidates must keep themselves updated with the current affairs. Current Affairs are mostly related to recent and ongoing activities in the areas of Economy, Sports, Business, Politics, Science, Awards, Books & Authors, etc.
- It is firm advice to the students to mandatorily read the newspaper on a daily basis, they have all the information of current affairs most times
- For the section of Static GK, candidates must go for standard books in order to enhance knowledge in that area. Static GK is mainly based on facts. There are topics like History, Geography, Indian Constitution, Capitals & Currency, etc. These all are covered under Static GK
- Refer to the syllabus of Banking Awareness, candidates must not leave any topic under this section as it is very important
- Students shall go through various topics like the different types of banks, the role of banks, banking system, RBI and its functions, national economy, inflation-deflation, etc.
- It is a must that the students focus on recent happenings in the banking area which carry a lot of weight of marks
IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips For Quantitative Ability
Candidates usually panic whenever it comes to Quantitative Ability due to managing time among calculations and solving equations. But, there is no need to worry. Read the following to have insights on IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips for Maths:
- It actually will not take up much time to solve questions related to basic concepts of Mathematics as well as the questions which are based on Formulas
- Candidates need to utilize a lot of time and get involved in practicing things they are doubtful about
- Especially when it comes to sections like Quadratic Equation & Data Interpretation, dedicated practice is required. Without that, it is not possible to crack the Maths section
- In the beginning, it could feel frustrating, but once the concepts are clear, then the whole work is done
- Also, there are more complicated topics like Time-Speed-Distance, Probability, Time and Work, Permutations and Combinations. These sections are somewhat tricky and require an alert mind and focus. Students must practice them very carefully and understand their core
- Candidates should aim to understand and learning to approach such problems, then the problem can be sorted
- These problems consume a lot of time. So, must devote and dedicate most of the time here in order to crack the section
IBPS Clerk Mains Preparation Tips For Reasoning Ability and Computer aptitude
The basic topics in the section of Reasoning Ability are Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Input-output, Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, etc.
- First of all, the candidates should aim to complete the revision of non-descriptive topics which have most of the common-sense-based questions
- It is important that candidates practice puzzles every day for at least half an hour in order to get full marks for it in the paper
- For the problems regarding the seating arrangement, students can begin with noting down the direct data, they must be clear with the terms being put to use as well as their relations, arrange the information and then concentrate on the indirect data to bring out the accurate answer
- Candidates should strive to develop a habit of making diagrams or doing paperwork rather than solving verbally. Take help of the books and try to understand the logic and core of the question which has been asked
- Do not hesitate to take the assistance of the books and online study material
- For the section of Computer Aptitude, candidates must concentrate on the theoretical knowledge of computer systems, hardware, as well as the software and mandatorily, revise and practice them on a daily basis so that one does not forget. For topics like Microsoft Office, Keyboard Shortcuts, etc., one can practice on a computer
Share your thoughts/queries here!