IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds a usual written exam or CWE annually to recruit individuals who are eligible for the posts of clerical cadre in different banks all over India. All public sector banks use CWE as a foundation where vacancies for these posts can be filled. The students planning to appear for the paper must check the article to understand the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019 Highlights
The IBPS Clerk exam pattern consists of 3 stages: Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test. The candidates preparing for the exam must check the following content for the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims as well as Mains.
- There will be negative marking in Prelims. 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt
- Students will be given 45 minutes to complete all the questions in the Mains Paper, check IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- The third stage shall be Language Proficiency Test which is mandatory for everyone to clear
- Students must check out the IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Papers in order to get the desired marks in the paper
- In case, anyone fails the Language Proficiency Test, they could be disqualified from the process of recruitment on the spot
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
- The Prelims Exam for IBPS Clerk is a qualifying exam. The students have to score according to the cut-off marks to qualify for the Mains.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Each section will be for 20 mins after the end of which, the students will automatically be redirected to the next section.
- The Paper will be bilingual, i.e. questions will appear in both English and Hindi (except for the English Language test).
|English Language||30||30||20 Mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2019
There has been an observation of several changes in the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for the Mains Examination. The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will now comprise of a total of 190 questions that require to be finished in a time duration of 160 minutes.
- Previously, the sections Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability were being conducted separately but according to the recent updates by the officials, the entire paper will be a combination of all the subjects altogether
- There will be a total of 50 questions that students shall finish
- Students have to complete all the questions within 45 minutes
- Both Mains, as well as Prelims Paper, will be conducted in 2 languages: Hindi & English
|Reasoning Ability &
|English Language||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
IBPS Clerk Language Proficiency Test
- After the Mains exam, a candidate needs to appear for the Language Proficiency Test for provisional allotment.
- The Language Proficiency Test will determine the candidate’s hold on the local language of the state/union territory for which he/she is applying.
- Candidates may be asked to write a passage or answer a few questions in order to pass the LPT.
- Failing to clear the Language Proficiency Test, IBPS may cancel one’s candidature.
Share your thoughts/queries here!