IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
- IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
- IBPS Clerk Exam pattern Highlights
- IBPS 2020 Exam pattern
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2020
- IBPS Clerk Marking Scheme
- IBPS Clerk Language Proficiency Test
- IBPS Clerk Document Verification
- IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern: Important Instructions
- IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips 2020
- IBPS Clerk Exam pattern FAQ’s
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the IBPS Clerk Exam annually to recruit individuals who are eligible for the posts of clerical cadre in different banks all over India. All public sector banks use CWE as a foundation where vacancies for these posts can be filled. The students planning to appear for the paper must check the article to understand the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
The IBPS Clerk 2020 exam pattern consists of 3 stages: Prelims, Mains, and Language Proficiency Test. The candidates preparing for the exam must check the following content for the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims as well as Mains.
- It is important that before starting the exam preparation, candidates must be aware of the IBPS CWE Clerk Exam Pattern.
- After knowing the exam pattern, go through the detailed IBPS Clerk Syllabus to know the section-wise topics.
- Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus will help candidates to strategize their study plan accordingly and better prepare for the exam.
- Language Proficiency Test, the third stage of the exam is mandatory for everyone to clear.
- Students are advised to solve IBPS Clerk Previous Year Question Papers that helps to know the difficulty level of the paper, type of questions asked in the exam, and more.
IBPS Clerk Exam pattern Highlights
|IBPS Clerk Exam Phases||Preliminary and Main exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||Prelims – 1 hour|
|Mains exam – 2 hours 40 minutes|
IBPS 2020 Exam pattern
The selection process of the IBPS Clerk comprises two stages which include the two online computer-based tests. Candidates will be shortlisted based upon the marks scored in the IBPS Clerk Mains examination. The two stages of the IBPS Clerk exam pattern and time duration as follows:
- Prelims Exam: The prelims exam is the first stage of the selection process of the IBPS Clerk Exam 2020. The exam is in qualifying in nature.
- Mains Exam: This is the second phase of the IBPS Clerk exam pattern that comprises 200 objective type questions. The final merit is based on the marks scored in the Mains examination.
As per the IBPS Clerk Exam pattern, both prelims and mains exam are conducted in online mode. Candidates who will get qualified in the prelims exam are eligible to paper for the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
The IBPS Clerk prelims exam pattern consists of three sections: English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude. The students have to score according to the IBPS Clerk cut-off marks to qualify for the Mains.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Each section will be for 20 mins after the end of which, the students will automatically be redirected to the next section.
- The Paper will be bilingual, i.e. questions will appear in both English and Hindi (except for the English Language test).
- The duration of the exam is one hour.
|English Language||30||30||20 Mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Mins|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2020
There has been an observation of several changes in the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for the Mains Examination. The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will now comprise of a total of 190 questions that require to be finished in a time duration of 160 minutes.
- Previously, the sections Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability were being conducted separately but according to the recent updates by the officials, the entire paper will be a combination of all the subjects altogether
- The questions are of objective multiple choice type.
- Both Mains, as well as Prelims Paper, will be conducted in 2 languages: Hindi & English
|Reasoning Ability &
|English Language||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
IBPS Clerk Marking Scheme
As per the IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam pattern, there is a negative marking for both the Prelims and Mains Exam.
- For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted and there is no penalty for the questions left unanswered.
- Candidates have to overall cutoff and sectional cutoff separately in both prelims and main exams in order to get select for the next round of selection process.
|Unanswered Question||No marks|
IBPS Clerk Language Proficiency Test
After the Mains exam, a candidate needs to appear for the Language Proficiency Test for provisional allotment.
- The Language Proficiency Test will determine the candidate’s hold on the local language of the state/union territory for which he/she is applying.
- Candidates may be asked to write a passage or answer a few questions in order to pass the LPT.
- Failing to clear the Language Proficiency Test, IBPS may cancel one’s candidature.
IBPS Clerk Document Verification
Candidates who will clear all the rounds of the exam are called for the document verification process. The document verification stage may be referred to as the final part of the IBPS Clerk exam pattern.
Documents Required for Verification
Given below are the list of documents that need to be presented at the time of IBPS Clerk document verification:
- System-generated IBPS Clerk application form
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identity Proof
- Marksheets for the Degrees mentioned in the Application form
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- No Objection Certification for candidates already working for any Government or Quasi-Government Organisation
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern: Important Instructions
There are certain instructions that candidates need to be followed during the day of the IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam. Go through the IBPS Clerk Exam Day Instructions to be followed inside the examination hall or before going to the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates must carry IBPS Clerk Admit Card along with an original photo ID proof and its photocopy.
- Ensure to sign on the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator and mention the hall ticket number.
- The candidate should follow the instructions given by the invigilators throughout the exam.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the exam hall before the completion of the exam.
- Do not disturb other candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination.
- Not to carry any electronic devices or gadgets inside the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips 2020
Along with the right books, candidates are advised to follow the expert’s IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips 2020. Here are a few tips and tricks to enhance your preparation.
- Firstly, go through the complete exam pattern and IBPS Clerk Exam syllabus for each subject.
- This lets you know the number of questions asked, marking schemes, and important topics.
- Make a proper study plan and begin your preparations accordingly.
- Allot timings for each topic you need to study and be prepared.
- Refer the right books for exam preparation and clearing the exam in one attempt.
- Solve previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of the exam and estimate which type of questions can be asked.
- Attempt IBPS Clerk Mock Test Series to analyze your preparation. This way you can be exam ready and score more marks.
IBPS Clerk Exam pattern FAQ’s
Q) What is the selection process of the IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam?
The selection process of the IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam includes two stages:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
Candidates who will get qualified in both the prelims and mains exam are called for the language proficiency test.
Q) Is there negative marking in the IBPS Clerk Exam?
Yes. As per the IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Pattern, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for both the prelims and Mains.
Q) How many Sections are there in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern?
There are a total of three sections in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern and those are as follows:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
Q) Is there a sectional time allotted for each section in the IBPS Clerk exam?
Yes, as per the latest IBPS Clerk 2020 exam pattern, sectional time is allotted for every section in the exam. Candidates have to solve the questions from each section within the stipulated sectional time.
Q) Are there a fixed number of attempts for the IBPS Clerk exam?
No. As per the notification, there is no fixed number of attempts for candidates appearing for the IBPS Clerk exam. A candidate can apply for the exam for as long as they are eligible to apply for the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!
2 thoughts on “IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020”
What minmum age for now this ibps clerk exam