IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
Students who are planning to take the IBPS Clerk Exam and going to fill the application form must check the entire article to understand the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria. Students must check their eligibility otherwise they will be debarred from the recruitment process.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019 Highlights
IBPS sets up the eligibility criteria for the job-position of Clerk. The eligibility conditions of IBPS Clerk has been detailed in terms of nationality, the age of the students and the qualification completed by the candidate.
Without satisfying these conditions, the authorities can cancel the application form of the candidate at any point of time without any intimation or notice.
- The IBPS Clerk Exam for Prelims is going to take place from November 26 to December 04
- According to the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern, there are a total of two stages of the paper: Prelims & Mains Exam
- The minimum age requirement for this recruitment is 20 years
- Candidates are advised not to fill the IBPS Clerk Application Form without checking their eligibility
- It is compulsory for the aspirants to hold a degree in any discipline in order to be eligible for this paper
- The students who are born after August 01, 1996 will not be considered eligible in any respect
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
The valid documents in original and photocopy have to be produced by the candidates in support of their identity and eligibility as mentioned in the online application form at the time of joining and any further stage as demanded by the IBPS/ Participating organization. The eligibility criteria are further segregated into aspects of:
- Nationality/ Citizenship
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
IBPS Clerk Nationality/ Citizenship 2019
The students who belong to the following nations are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk 2019:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee (who migrated permanently to India prior to January 1, 1962)
- Person of Indian origin (who returned on a permanent basis from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam)
- For the candidates who belong to b, c, d and e categories, a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit 2019
Another element that affects the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria is the age of the student. The students must be of the age between 20-28 years. If not, then they are not fulfilling the eligibility conditions of the IBPS.
The Age Relaxation is mentioned in the table below:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons With Disabilities
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen
|The actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years. Additional 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST category. Subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years.
|Widows, divorcees, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria Important Points
- For all the candidates who apply for age relaxation, they will have to present relevant certificates at the time of joining or any subsequent stage required by IBPS or Participating Organizations.
- The Ex- Servicemen will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on the second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
- Candidates who are still in the Armed Forces and want to apply under Ex-Servicemen category and whose date of completion of a specific period of engagement or SPE has completed one year from the last date for receipt of the online application, are eligible to apply.
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification 2019
The education qualification of the students affects their eligibility in order to apply for the IBPS Clerk Exam. The students must fulfill the conditions for qualification according to what is fixed by the authorities.
The graduation degree may be in any stream/ discipline from a Govt. of India recognized University. An equivalent degree recognized by the Central Government will also be accepted. While applying online, a valid mark sheet or degree certificate is required.
Basic Computer Knowledge
The knowledge of computer working and operations in computer systems is necessary. Candidates should have attained a Degree (Certificate or Diploma will also be accepted) in computer operations or Language. He/ She must have studied Computer Science/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/College/Institute instead.
Whichever is the official language of the state/UT for whose vacancy a candidate wishes to apply, he/ she should be able to speak, read/ write the official language.
- In the situations where the college/ university rates CGPA or OGPA, the students must convert the same into the percentage, up to 2 places of decimal and fill it in the application form according to that, only
- The candidates who will be shortlisted are also required to provide a certificate which will be mentioning the university rules for the grade to percentage conversion as well as the percentage of marks that the candidate has obtained, and it must be signed by an accurate authority
- For those students coming from colleges/universities where the web certificates are, mostly, released or the result is declared online, then the students are compulsory to provide a relevant and valid document which must be signed by the accurate and valid authority, in original, with clear mention of the date on which the candidate has cleared that certain course
Share your thoughts/queries here!