HSSC JE Preparation Tips 2019 – Strategy to Crack the Junior Engineer Exam
- HSSC JE Preparation Tips 2019
- HSSC JE Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for HSSC JE 2019?
- Best Books for HSSC JE Preparation
- HSSC Junior Engineer Important Topics
Haryana Staff Selection Commission has begun recruitment for the post of Junior Engineer. HSSC JE 2019 Recruitment is looking to fill a total of 1624 vacancies. HSSC JE Preparation Tips will provide strategies and important topics that can be asked in the examination along with the Best Books to study from.
- HSSC JE Syllabus covers 5 Major Topics: General Studies, General Abilities, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical
- Haryana SSC conducts the examination and the paper is Moderate in terms of difficulty however due to the level of competition in the examination, it is important to prepare for the exam thoroughly.
- The HSSC Junior Engineer Exam will be conducted on 31st August and 1st September 2019. Know all important HSSC JE Exam Dates 2019.
HSSC JE Preparation Tips 2019
The Haryana Staff Selection Commission recruits for Junior Engineer for the post of Junior Civil Engineer, Junior Electrical Engineer, and Junior Horticulture & Mechanical Engineer. The Syllabus for all 3 sections varies and so does the difficulty level of the paper, however, the General Studies and General Abilities section is common for all posts.
- Practice regularly so you don’t forget important points.
- Make concise and precise notes during your Preparation for HSSC JE Exam so you can revise with those notes during the last leg of the examination.
- General Awareness and General Studies section focuses on India as well as Haryana State.
- HSSC JE Exam Analysis provides a comprehensive review of the Junior Engineer Exam, expected topics, all questions asked in the examination and the upcoming questions that can be asked in the subsequent shifts.
HSSC JE Exam Pattern
The HSSC JE Exam Pattern to recruit for Junior Engineer has been mentioned in the table below.
|Socio-Economic Criteria & Experience||10|
The written examination covers General Studies, General Abilities, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical topics.
How to prepare for HSSC JE 2019?
- Practice extensively for the Reasoning & Quantitative section as the questions asked in this section often follow the same pattern.
- Reading an English Newspaper regularly will help with knowing current affairs and also improve Vocabulary and English Language grammar.
- Extensively go through all topics in the post-wise syllabus (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) as questions asked in this section will be detailed and could prove to be a bit challenging.
Best Books for HSSC JE Preparation
We have compiled the best-handpicked books for all sections and Streams in the HSSC Junior Engineer exam. Go through our suggested books to Crack the HSSC JE Examination.
HSSC JE Books for General Awareness
Go through the following books to prepare for Static General Knowledge.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Vinay Karna
- Pratiyogita Darpan by Upkar Prakashan Publication.
- Manorama Year Book 2018 by Mammen Mathew
- India 2018 by Ministry of Information.
Best Books for Haryana General Knowledge
HSSC JE Preparation plan should focus on both India and Haryana State. Following are our handpicked books for Haryana’s General Knowledge:
- Haryana General Knowledge 2017 GK by Vikas Doon ( Diamond Publication)
- Pratiyogita Darpan by Upkar Prakashan Publication
- Haryana Samanya Gyan-Ek Drishti Mein by Sanjay Suman (UPkar Prakashan Publication)
- Haryana Samanya Gyan- Ek Parichay by R. Gupta Krit (R. Gupta Krit Publication)
HSSC JE Best Books for English Language
Our suggested books to practice from for the English Language:
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe (Pearson Publication)
- Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal (S.Chand Publication)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis (Penguin Publication)
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin (S. Chand)
HSSC JE Best Books for Quantitative Aptitude
Go through the following books to learn concepts and practice questions:
- Quantitative Aptitude by N.K Singh (Upkar Prakashan)
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S Aggarwal (S. Chand)
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma (Arihant Publication)
- Quicker Mathematics by M.Tyra (BSC Publications)
HSSC JE Reasoning Best Books
The following books will help you ace the reasoning questions asked in the HSSC Junior Engineer Exam:
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal (S.C Chand Publication)
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by B S Sijwali & Indu Sijwal (Arihant Publication)
- SSC Reasoning Chapter-wise and Solved Papers by Pratiyogita Kiran (Kiran Publication)
HSSC JE Best Books for Civil Stream
Best Books in HSSC JE Preparation for Civil Engineer post have been mentioned below
- HSSC JE Civil Engineering – Previous Years solved question paper by Made Easy (Made Easy Publications)
- HSSC JE Civil Engineering -Objective Type Questions by S.P Gupta and S.S Gupta (CBS Publication)
- HSSC Engineer Exam Guide: Junior Engineer (Civil and Structural) by R. Gupta (Ramesh Publication)
HSSC JE Books for Mechanical Stream
HSSC JE Preparation for Mechanical stream can be done with the help of these books
- Khanna Mechanical Objective Type by Dr. Sadhu Singh (Khanna Publication)
- Pratiyogitaon ke liye Mechanical Engineering by R.K Jain (Khanna Publication)
- Uddeshya Mechanical Engineering (Diploma) Pratiyogita Pariksha by G.K Publication
HSSC JE Best Books for Electrical Stream
HSSC Junior Engineer Electrical Stream best-handpicked books have been mentioned below
- Uddeshya Vidyut Praudyogiki by V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta (S. Chand Publication)
- Electrical Engineering Subjective Type Questions by A.Handa and M.Handa (Satya Publication)
HSSC Junior Engineer Important Topics
We have made HSSC JE Preparation easy for you. Go through these below mentioned important topics thoroughly for all sections in the HSSC JE Exam.
Important Topics in General Studies
- Environmental Issues like Disaster Management, Prevention and Mitigation Strategies & Sustainable Development.
- Economic & Social Development of Haryana and India.
- Socio-economic, Political & Cultural History of Haryana.
- Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education and the education system.
- Current Affairs covers Regional, National & International (Neighboring countries).
- Indian Constitution, Political System, Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion.
- General Science.
General Abilities tests candidates on Reasoning, English Language, General Knowledge, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude
Some important topics for the HSSC JE Maths part have been given below.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Standard Identities
- Time and distance.
- Square roots.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit & Loss.
HSSC Junior Engineer English Syllabus
HSSC JE Preparation for English section should focus on these important topics
- Direct & Indirect speech.
- Unseen passage.
- Types of sentences.
- Subject-verb Agreement.
Important HSSC JE General Awareness Topics
General Awareness Section majorly focusses on the following topics
- Current Affairs
- Sports, History
- General Science
HSSC JE Preparation for Civil – Important Topics
Some important topics for the Civil post are:
- Environmental Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
Important Topics for HSSC JE Electrical
Questions from these following topics are asked frequently in all Junior Engineer exams conducted by the Haryana Staff Selection Commission.
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
- Communication Engineering
Share your thoughts/queries here!