HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020
- HSSC Group D Syllabus Highlights
- HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020
- HSSC Group D Part-1 Syllabus 2020
- HSSC Group D Part-2 Syllabus
- HSSC Exam Pattern 2020
- HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020 – Preparation Tips
- HSSC Group D Syllabus FAQ’s
Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) has begun the HSSC Group D 2020 Recruitment for filling up around 250 posts this year. The process of submitting the online Application form was held starting from 03 March – 24 March 2020. Candidates who have applied for the post can check the complete HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020 in this post.
- As per the HSSC Group D Notification, the HSSC exam is scheduled tentatively in the month of May and June 2020.
- Candidates will be selected based on the written exam and Socio-economic criteria and experience.
- Aspirants who have applied for various posts can start their preparation by downloading HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020 PDF from the official website.
- Follow expert HSSC Group D preparation tips to know how to prepare easily fo the exam.
- Candidates who have applied for the Group D post will be able to download HSSC Group D Admit Card only by visiting the official website.
HSSC Group D Syllabus Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Group D|
|Department Name||Haryana Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||250 (Tentatively)|
|Start Date to Fill Application Form||03 March 2020|
|Last Date to Fill Application Form||24 March 2020|
|Name of the Category||Syllabus|
HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020
The Written exam Syllabus is divided into two parts as mentioned below:
- Part – 1: General Awareness, Mathematics, Science, Reasoning, English and Hindi and has 75% weightage
- Part – 2: Current Affairs, History, Geography, Civics, Literature, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana and has 25% weightage
Here we have provided the complete syllabus of part-1 and part-2. Go through the syllabus and start your preparation for the exam.
HSSC Group D Part-1 Syllabus 2020
In HSSC Group D Part-1 Syllabus, 75% of questions are based on General Awareness, Mathematics, Science, Reasoning, English and Hindi. Go through the syllabus and subjects involved for each stage to be well prepared.
HSSC Group D General Awareness Syllabus 2020
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidates’ General Awareness and the knowledge of current events around them. Here is the list of important topics under the General Awareness section.
|Indian Economy||Geography||Famous Books & Authors|
|General Science||Literature||Indian History|
|sports||Famous Days & Dates||Environmental Issues|
|Indian Parliament||Famous Places in India||Artists|
|Countries and Capitals||Rivers/Lakes/Seas||Civics|
|Inventions and Discoveries||Biology||Current affairs|
HSSC Group D Reasoning syllabus 2020
The syllabus of the Reasoning section includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Go through the important topics of Reasoning which are tabulated below.
|Non-Verbal Series||Arithmetical Reasoning||Directions|
|Embedded Figures||Alphabet Series||Mirror Images|
|Clocks & Calendars||Blood Relations||Coding-Decoding|
|Data Interpretation||Analogy||Decision Making|
|Number Series||Statements& Arguments||Number Ranking|
|Syllogism||Cubes and Dice||Statements & Conclusions|
HSSC Group D Maths Syllabus 2020
The topics included in this section are quite east and are based on high-school level, elementary Mathematics. Practicing HSSC Group D Mock Test Series regularly will help candidates to score the maximum marks in this section. Go through the list of important topics listed in the table below.
|Number Systems||Number Series||Profit and Loss|
|Simple Interest||Height and Distance||Volume and Surface Area|
|Races and Games||Time and Distance||Pipes and Cistern|
|Stocks and Share||Surds and Indices||Allegation or Mixture|
|Boats and Streams||Logarithm||Area|
|Ratio and Proportion||Permutation and Combination||Decimal Fraction|
|Average||Square Root and Cube Root||Compound Interest|
|Banker’s Discount||Time and Work||Problems on Ages|
HSSC Group D Science Syllabus 2020
The important topics for HSSC Group D Science Syllabus are tabulated below:
HSSC Group D English Syllabus 2020
Candidates’ knowledge of the language is tested in this section. Here is the list of important topics that candidates need to prepare under the English section.
|Sentence Improvement||Active Voice and Passive Voice||Fill in the blanks|
|Error Correction(Underlined Part)||Idioms and Phrases||Prepositions|
|Spotting Errors||Error Correction(Phrase in Bold)||Para Completion|
|Synonyms||Sentence Arrangement||Passage Completion|
HSSC Group D Hindi Syllabus 2020
Go through the details tabulated below to know the list of important topics of HSSC Group D Hindi Syllabus.
|Fill in the Blanks||Vocabulary||Grammar|
|Synonyms||Idioms & Phrases||Comprehension|
|Antonyms||Tenses||Transformation of Sentences|
|Usage of Words||–||–|
HSSC Group D Part-2 Syllabus
The second part of the HSSC Group D written examination includes the following topics and these topics carry 25 percent of weightage in the exam.
|Environment||Indian History with Focus on History of Haryana|
|Literature||Indian Geography with Focus on Geography of Haryana|
|Indian Culture with Culture of Haryana||Civics|
HSSC Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates should go through the HSSC Group D Exam Pattern to understand the exam in a better way. The selection process of the exam is based on the following two stages:
- Written Exam
- Socio-economic criteria and experience.
The HSSC Group D exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks. Candidates need to qualify in both the stages in order to select for the final merit list of the exam.
|Socio-Economic criteria and experience||10|
The written examination of HSSC Group D will be an objective type. The examination consists of two parts: Part-1 and Part-2.
- The Part-1 paper includes a total of 67 questions for 67 marks and total weightage is 75%.
- Paper-2 consists of 23 questions for 23 marks and the weightage of questions is 25%.
- The HSSC exam is conducted for a total of 90 marks.
|Sections||Weightage of Questions||No.of Question||Marks|
Socio-economic criteria and experience
The Socio-economic criteria and experience is a section that consists of 10 marks that are based on different conditions applicable to the candidate. Go through the details tabulated below to know how socio-economic criteria and experience will be allocated:
|Criteria/Condition of the applicants||Marks Allotted||Total Marks|
|If no nearest family member is an employee of Govt of India, Haryana or any other state government||5||10|
|If a widow or orphan whose father died before 15 years/42 years||5|
|If a candidate belongs to a denotified or nomadic tribe of Haryana other than SC/ST/OBC||5|
|Having 6-16 years of prior experience in the same or higher post under Haryana govt||8(Maximum)|
HSSC Group D Syllabus 2020 – Preparation Tips
Knowing the expert HSSC Group D Preparation Tips will help candidates to know what to prepare, how to prepare, and where to start their preparation. Follow the tips provided below and perform better in the examination.
- First of all, candidates must ensure that they are aware of the HSSC Group D Syllabus and Exam Pattern of 2020 before starting their preparation.
- Make an individual study plan for each subject based on their weightage.
- Set a time frame of at least one week for each subject.
- Clear all the basic concepts of difficult subjects first, then, later on, move to easy subjects.
- Note down all the important formulas and simple tips of each subject, so that it will be easy at the time of revision.
- After finishing the preparation of all subjects, start with revision.
- Practice previous year papers and mock tests to check the level of your practice.
HSSC Group D Syllabus FAQ’s
1) what is the exam pattern of the HSSC Group D Exam?
A) The exam of HSSC Group D consists of two stages:
- Written Exam
- Socio-economic criteria and experience
The written exam is conducted for a total of 90 marks and it has two sections namely Part-I and Part-2. Candidates need to clear both the parts in order to eligible for the final selection process. Socio-economic criteria and experience consist of 10 marks.
2) What are the topics that need to prepare under the Science section of the HSSC Group D Syllabus?
A) The important topics that need to prepare under the Science section of the HSSC Group D Syllabus are physics, chemistry, biology. Candidates must concentrate on the syllabus of these topics from fifth to 10th standard, as most of the questions are asked from the topics of these classes.
3) What is the pattern of the written Exam of the HSSC Group D Exam?
A) The written examination of the HSSC Group D Exam consists of two parts.
In Paper-1, 75% weightage of questions is based on General Awareness, Mathematics, Science, Reasoning, English and Hindi whereas in Paper-2, 25% weightage of questions is based on Current Affairs, History, Geography, Civics, Literature, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana.
4) What is the Paper-2 Syllabus of HSSC Group D Exam?
A) The syllabus of the HSSC Group D Paper-2 exam consists of Environment, Indian History with Focus on History of Haryana, Literature, Indian Geography with Focus on Geography of Haryana, Indian Culture with Culture of Haryana, Civics, and Current Affairs.
5) What are the topics included in the HSSC Group D Hindi Syllabus 2020?
A) The topics that are included in the HSSC Group D Hindi Syllabus 2020 are Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary, Grammar, Synonyms, Idioms & Phrases, Comprehension, Antonyms, Tenses, Transformation of Sentences, and Usage of Words.
Share your thoughts/queries here!