How to score 99+ Percentile in CAT 2017?
How to Score 99+ Percentile in CAT 2017: Get Effective preparation tips that help you to get into IIM.
How to score 99+ Percentile in CAT 2017?
Getting into IIM is no cakewalk and scoring 99+ in CAT is no child’s play. Candidates must stay focused on their preparation and must also possess the aptitude and ability to score 99+ percentile. Scoring 99+ percentile is no kids play and only 1% of the students actually achieve 99+ Percentile and which is why they get selected in IIMs.
The exam has 3 sections and 100 questions for a duration of 3 hours. We discuss some tips and tricks to help you score 99+
Most of the people believe that 99+ percentile is sheer luck or gods gift as very few people are able to realize this dream. Many of those who get into IIM’s have some prerequisite like a good education and intelligence that allows them to excel over others. However, these are also those who have the hunger for knowledge and success and the right mindset that allows them. In the game of darts, hitting the bulls eye is not easy if you have not played darts before. Similarly, success in CAT 2017 can be achieved only with practice and hard work.
You should also avoid procrastination, and avoid wasting your time on frivolous things during study time and preparation. Procrastination and wasting your time on frivolous things will often become obstructions in your way of achieving 99+ percentile in CAT 2017.
How to score 99+ percentile in CAT? Useful tips
1. Have the right mindset: Clear up your goals. There is no point in pursuing CAT to get into IIM if your personal goals is to become an actor or photographer. It is of no use to prepare for CAT 2017 because your parents are forcing you, or you are doing it out of peer pressure. Clear your goals first. Do it if your goal is to study from the top B-schools in the country and land yourself a lucrative job in an MNC.
2. Strengthen your Basics: Work on your basics. If you are preparing for Quantitative Aptitude, then strengthen your weak areas in maths. Strengthen your basics in English by reading High school Grammar Books, if needed. Go back to the basics. You can literally “Go back to School” by reading school books from NCERT, CBSE of classes 8, 9 and 10. A tall skyscraper always stands when its foundation is well built.
3. Pay Equal Attention to all Section: Please remember that the CAT 2017 exam lays equal emphasis on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English. Candidates must give equal importance to all the three section of the paper. You will have to display your skills in both mathematics and language if you want to score 99+ percentile. This is not merely a exam to test your mathematical ability, but also your English language skills. You need to have a flair for language as much as you have a flair for mathematics and Reasoning.
4. Attempt Quizzes and Mock Test: Quizzes and Mock tests are important part of the preparation process. Make sure to attempt Quizzes and Mock tests during this time. Solve both difficult and Easy questions. Toprankers provides Mock tests for CAT. You can Take the Arun Sharma CAT Challenge on Toprankers.
5. Solve Previous years Question Paper: Candidates need to solve previous years question paper. Being able to fully solve question paper is a good sign that you will be able to crack the exam
6. Take Coaching: There are lot of reputed institutes like IMS, T.I.M.E (Triumphant Institute of Management Education) and Arun Sharma’s Mindworkzz. It is often difficult to get into IIM’s without Coaching.
7. Use the right Books: It is necessary to use the right books to prepare for
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012, 2012 edition
The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson, 2012 edition
Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher: Arihant, 2013 edition
Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit , 2010 edition
Books for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill, 2012 edition
How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill , 2012 edition
The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson. 2012 edition
Books for Verbal Ability
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma. Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill, 2011 Edition.
2. The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by How to score 99+ percentile in CAT Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition
3.Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis 2011 edition
4.A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech 2003 edition
5. 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary by Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis 1991 edit.
Stay tuned for more updates on How to score 99+ Percentile in CAT 2017?
Share your thoughts/queries here!