How to Prepare SSC CGL General Awareness 2020
- How to Prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness 2020
- Most Expected SSC CGL GS Questions 2020
- Overall Analysis of General Awareness Topics for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
- How to Prepare GS for SSC CGL?
- How to Prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness: Best Books
As per the SSC CGL 2020 Notification, the second stage of the CGL Exam is scheduled in the month of October 2020. Candidates can start their preparation in advance to score good marks in the exam. Here, we have provided some tips that help candidates to know How to Prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness section.
- Candidates appearing for CGL must gear up their preparation to score more marks and get qualified for the next stage.
- To help each one of the candidates in their preparation, we have provided detailed information on how to prepare General Awareness for SSC CGL Exam.
- Take up SSC CGL Online Coaching from highly experienced faculties to understand each and every concept in depth.
- Candidates can improve their accuracy by knowing the sort of topics and questions to expect while preparing general awareness topics for SSC CGL.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness 2020
General Awareness is one of the pivotal sections asked in any exam. Be it a high school exam or a competitive exam, you will always find GK questions in your question paper.
- At different stages, we have been asked to read newspapers, watch the news, etc. by our elders. Back then, we may not realize the importance of GK in our life but the importance is, certainly, inevitable.
- The best part of the General Awareness section is there are no calculations to pierce your brain.
- In this post, we have provided SSC CGL GK Preparation Tips to help candidates better prepare for the exam.
- For a successful preparation, it is suggested by experts that candidates must have the best SSC CGL Books which explains each and every topic in depth.
|SSC CGL General Awareness Preparation
|Important GS Questions Set 1
|Important Economics Questions Set 1
|Important Economics Questions Set 2
|Important Economics Questions Set 3
Most Expected SSC CGL GS Questions 2020
It is important for candidates to go through the SSC CGL GK Questions and prepare accordingly for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam. Here is the list of most important SSC CGL Economics Questions that are expected in the CGL Exam 2020. Candidates can practice these questions and be well prepared for the Tier 2 exam. Practising these questions will help candidates how to prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness.
1. When there is an effect on the economic activity of a specific country due to import and export, then such an economy is called:
a. Closed Economy; b. Open-Economy; c. Agriculture Economy; d. Industrial Economy
2. Who is the “Father of Economics”?
a. JM Keynes; b. Malthus; c. Ricardo; d. Adam Smith
3. The Prince Mechanism is a feature of
a. Capitalist Economy; b. Barter Economy; c. Mixed Economy; d. Socialist Economy
4. Disguised Unemployment means:
a. Willing to work and not getting the work; b. Not getting the work on all days throughout the year; c. Insufficiency of capital structure to absorb the large labour force; d. More People working, than required
5. In equilibrium, a perfectly competitive firm will equate
a. Marginal social cost with marginal social benefit; b. Market supply with market demand; c. Marginal Profit with the marginal cost; d. Marginal Revenue with Marginal cost
6. An economy is in equilibrium when
a. Planned consumption exceeds planned saving; b. Planning Consumption exceeds planned investment; c. Aggregate demand to aggregate supply; d. Intended investment exceeds intended savings
7. Labour Intensive Technique would get chosen in a
. Labour Surplus Economy; b. Capital Surplus Economy; c. Developed Economy; d. Developing Economy
8. Price Theory is also known as
a. Macro Economics; b. Development Economics; c. Public Economics; d. Micro Economics
9. The economic problem arises because of
a. Scarcity of means; b. The multiplicity of resources; c. Scarcity of wants; d. Over Population
10. Globalisation means
a. Integration of economy; b. Integration of financial market; c. Integration of the domestic economy with the world economy; d. Integration of the various sectors of the economy
11. Disinvestment in public sector is called
a. Liberalisation; b. Globalisation; c. Industrialisation; d. Privatisation
12. The concept of a mixed economy means
a. To have balanced development in the agricultural and industrial sector; b. Simultaneous development of the rural and urban sector; c. To have equal distribution of wealth among the rural and the urban poor; d. The simultaneous existence of the private and public sector
13. National Income is generated from
a. Any money-making activity; b. Any laborious activity; c. Any profit-making activity; d. Any Productive activity
14. Which one of the following is not the method of estimating Nations Income?
a. Expenditure method; b. product method; c. Matrix method; d. Income Method
15. Which among the following is a direct tax?
a. Sales Tax; b. Excise Tax; c. Wealth Tax; d. Entertainment Tax
16. A taxation is a tool of
a. Monetary Policy; b. Fiscal Policy; c. Price Policy; d. Wage Policy
17. Corporate tax is imposed on
a. The net income of the companies; b. The corporate properties; c. The Utilities provided by the corporation; d. Tax imposed by the corporation on the individual properties
18. Which among the following is an open bank for small industries
a. EXIM Bank; b. SIDBI; c. RBI; d. NABARD
19. Which of the following is not a quantitative Credit control measure of a Central Bank?
a. Bank Rate Policy; b. Open Market Operations; c. Cash Reserve Ration; d. Moral Suasion
20. NABARD is related to development of
a. Agriculture and Rural areas; b. Heavy Industries; c. Banking Sector; d. None of the above
All you need to do is stay updated on a regular basis for current affairs & remember essential stuff from static GK. Moreover, it is the least time-consuming section which is an add on! You can attempt questions from this section quickly & accurately which won’t consume much of your time. So let us start off by understanding what sort of topics & questions to expect while studying General Awareness for SSC CGL 2020 based on the latest pattern.
“Do remember that GA can fetch you more marks as it is not calculated based! You have minimum changes of negative marking, either you know the answer or you don’t. Guessing business is least involved.”
Overall Analysis of General Awareness Topics for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
The GA section is divided into three major three sections- Static GK, Science, and miscellaneous topics. The structure asked is as follows-
- Static GK- 59%
- Science & Technology- 36%
- Miscellaneous- 5% (miscellaneous topics are mentioned below)
Furthermore, these topics are divided as mentioned in the table below. Go through the topics and know how to prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness Section.
Number of Questions
|Science & Technology
How to Prepare GS for SSC CGL?
To enhance your preparation of the exam, follow the simple SSC CGL Preparation tips provided by experts.
To crack any competitive exam, time management is the most important factor. Begin your general awareness preparation by assigning 2-3 hours per day. This will help you learn how to analyze questions in the final exam without wasting much time.
Before starting your preparation, it is important for candidates to know the detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2020. It will help you know the difficult topics and easy topics as the point of the exam. Prepare a study plan as per the syllabus and start your preparation.
Know the Exam pattern
After knowing the syllabus, candidates must go through the SSC CGL Exam pattern 2020. Knowing the exam pattern will help you know the total number of questions for each section, marking scheme, and time duration for each section.
Make Short Notes
SSC CGL asks direct factual questions, hence memorize important facts from history, geography and current affairs by making notes during studying. These notes will help in the revision period.
Know Weakness and Strengths
During the preparation, it is important for candidates to know their weaknesses and strengths. It will help to build up in strong areas and focus on the weaker areas to work hard. To analyze the preparation level, one can make a list of topics that they have learned on the most productive day and compare it with the topics they have learned on subsequent days.
Analyze Previous Year Papers
Solving SSC CGL Previous Year Papers will help candidates to know the type of questions asked in the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, etc. Candidates need to practice as many as sample papers in order to crack the exam easily. Also, every year some repeated questions will be asked in the exam from the previous year’s papers, so it will be easy to score marks in the exam.
Read Newspaper Daily
Reading newspapers daily will let candidates know all the happening around the world which is very important to clear the General Awareness section of the SSC CGL Exam. Candidates must spend at least one-hour reading newspapers in order to improve their vocabulary. Also, solve Current Affairs Quiz regularly to improve your speed and accuracy.
Practice Mock Tests
Practising mock tests will help candidates to improve their time management skills and problem-solving techniques. It will also help improve your speed, accuracy, and build your confidence. Practising more and more SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests would definitely help learn the techniques to solve the difficult type of questions easily in the exam.
Without revision, it is difficult for candidates to remember all the concepts of general awareness. So, candidates are advised to revise all the topics on a weekly basis. It will also help you focus more on topics that you are feeling difficult.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness: Best Books
As per the experts, studying from the right SSC CGL Gk Books would definitely help candidates to score the highest marks in this section. To ease your preparation, we have provided few important books referred by expert panels for the SSCCGL 2020 Exam. Also, these books will help aspirants know how to prepare for SSC CGL General Awareness Section easily.
- General Knowledge by Dr Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications.
- NCERT Textbooks for Classes IX and X ( History, Geography, Polity and Economy)
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
Share your thoughts/queries here!