How to prepare for the English language in IBPS PO exam
How to prepare for the English Language in IBPS PO Exam 2018.
Tips & Tricks to Prepare English language in IBPS PO
The candidates who are fairly well equipped with knowledge in English can manage better in this section than those who are below average. So, you need a rock solid preparation in this section. You must make a good study schedule to prepare for English language section. This article will provide preparation tips for the English language in IBPS PO exam.
Prepare for the English Language in IBPS PO : Important Topics
This section widely consists of the topics:
- Vocabulary Questions (homonyms, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, word formation etc.)
- Comprehension Questions deriving conclusion, theme detection, passage completion.
- Grammar Portion – Spelling, sentence, set of rules active passive voice, indirect direct speech.
- Phrases and idioms
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting Error Questions
- One Word Substitution
- Fill in the Blanks etc.
Prepare for the English Language in IBPS PO : Topic wise preparation tips
Vocabulary: Vocabulary cannot be improved overnight. It has to be developed on a daily basis. Questions related to Questions related to Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Error spotting, Phrase Replacement, Word Association Pair, Phrase or Idiom Meaning, Spellings come under Vocabulary.
- Read Newspaper every day, find out the meanings of difficult words and also make a note. It is always a good practice to find the meaning and its usage when you come across a new word.
- Solve the vocabulary sections in previous years’ question papers.
- Mnemonic techniques are a good way to memorize the meanings of the words.
Grammar: English Grammar includes topics such as Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, spotting the Errors, idioms & phrases, spellings Check, Re-arranging sentences, etc.
- Prepare well in the concepts Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Degrees of Comparison, Subject-Verb Agreement, Conjunctions, Parts of Speech, Standard Construction, Adverbs, Number in Nouns, etc. These are the basics.
- Solve Error Spotting questions from the previous test papers.
- For Error spotting questions, you must know the basic singular and plurals, more and more practice.
- Solve previous years’ question papers.
Reading Comprehension: The candidates must make a habit to read the passages at a greater pace than usual. Understand the passage and start answering the questions. The passages asked here are mostly based on Finance, Banking and Economy, Geo-Politics, Social Issues, Business etc.
- You must practice on comprehension questions every day to improve your speed and accuracy. Try working on the daily articles you read in the magazines or newspapers.
- Understanding the passage is important to respond with accuracy.
Verbal Ability: Questions on Incomplete sentence, word substitutes, fill in the blanks, odd one out etc., come in this section.
- Follow the logic of the passage, it tells a story with the beginning, mid and the end.
- Connecting words to link the story, work on passages.
- More and more of mock tests and online tests.
Share your thoughts/queries here!