How to prepare for SSC Constable GD 2018 | Preparation Tips and Tricks
Preparation Tips and Tricks for SSC Constable GD 2018 exam. Experts tips on how to prepare for SSC Constable GD 2018.
How to Prepare for SSC Constable GD Exam 2018
The Staff Selection Commission has announced the official notification for the recruitment of Constable (GD) on 21st July 2018. The SSC GD exam is conducted to recruit paramilitary forces for BSF, CISF, AR, SSB, ITBF etc. Candidates who are eligible and want to join our prestigious armed forces can apply online. So, if you are planning to apply for SSC Constable GD, we have compiled a series of preparation tips for you to go through to ease your preparation for the exam.
Before starting on how to prepare for SSC Constable GD, let us discuss about the SSC Constable GD Exam Pattern. There are 4 main stages in the selection process:
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Medical Test
SSC GD Computer Based Exam 2018
First, the candidates will have to face the online exam of SSC GD Constable. You can check the exam pattern of GD Constable CBE below.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence/Reasoning Ability||25||25||90 minutes in total|
Find here the complete Syllabus for SSC GD Constable.
How to Prepare for SSC Constable GD Exam Section-wise
General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
- It is the most important topic in the exam and candidate can score good marks if he/she focuses well on this section.
- This section is less time consuming compared to Aptitude and thus can save much of your time in the exam.
- Try to solve it first so that you have ample time for other sections.
- But even though it is less time consuming, it requires a lot of practice. So don’t ignore this section while practicing at any cost
- Key topics to focus on:
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Similarities and Differences
- Number Series/ Arithmetic Reasoning
- If you are someone who is very good at Maths, then it won’t be a problem for you. But for someone who is not that good might require a lot of practise.
- As this is a time-consuming section, you must make sure not to waste much time on the questions you can’t solve.
- Read the question very carefully. Do not rush into solving the question before understanding the question first.
- Key topics to focus on:
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
General Knowledge/General Awareness
- For Current Affairs topics, read newspapers daily. You must read any newspaper daily for at least one hour.
- For General Knowledge, refer to school books, magazines and journals
- Key Topics to focus on:
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- This is language test so focus more on the topics which are constantly asked in the SSC GD Constable exam.
- You need to have a thorough knowledge of the basics of grammar and vocabulary in both Hindi and English language.
- Try to learn more and more words each day. Also, read books, short passages and stories on a daily basis to improve in the language test.
- Key Topics to focus on (English) :
- Spotting the error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Correction
- Key Topics to focus on (Hindi) :
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप
- शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग, बहुवचन
- मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ
- विलोमार्थी शब्द, समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द
- कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ
- रचना एवं रचयिता इत्यादि
General Tips and Tricks to Prepare for SSC Constable GD Exam 2018
- Divide the 4 Subjects according to the 4 shifts in a day. E.g., practice Mathematics in the morning, English/Hindi in the afternoon, Reasoning in the evening and General Awareness at night.(this is just an example. you can set your subjects according to your convenience)
- Make a target to study. Finish 1-2 chapter per day per topic. There is a lot to cover in the syllabus, so make your target of study accordingly.
- Avoid any kind of distraction during the exam. Remember that it is a very important test for you and your whole life depends on it. So, try to avoid any kind of external distraction until the exam is over.
- Keep your body and mind fit. Remember, it is not only a test for the mind but also for the body. You need to appear for various fitness tests before you are selected. Thus, try and inculcate at least one outdoor activity in your day to keep your body and mind fit and active.
- You need to practice a lot of SSC GD Constable Mock Test 2018 on daily basis. Mock tests are a very good mode of practicing and evaluating your preparation level.
So, that’s all. This was our Preparation tips for SSC Constable GD 2018. If you have any questions on How to Prepare for SSC Constable GD, comment below. We will be happy to help you.
Share your thoughts/queries here!