SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Tips
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020
- Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CGL Tier 2
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Questions Weightage
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Questions
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Tips & Tricks
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Books
If you have qualified the first stage of the exam and preparing for Tier 2, then this article shows all the important preparation methods. Maths is one of the difficult subjects for most of the aspirants. If you are worried about preparing for the Tier 2 maths subject, then go through the How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CGL Tier 2? Learn Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation and crack the exam with a high score.
Latest: As per the SSC CGL Latest News, the second stage of CGL is scheduled from October 14 – 17, 2020 in online mode.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Tips
If you are wondering about How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CGL Tier 2, then begin by knowing the brief exam pattern for SSC CGL Exam.
- There are 100 quant questions asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.
- Go through the important topics in SSC CGL Syllabus for Maths subject and start studying.
- Make sure to study each topic in-depth and understand each concept.
- Keep an eye on the SSC CGL Cut Off Marks as you will not be qualified to Tier 3 if not scoring above the cut off marks.
- Learn topic-wise shortcuts and SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant preparation strategy to score more marks in the quant section and clear the Tier 2 Exam in one attempt.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020
- In Tier-II, there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II exam.
- Go through the detailed pattern for second stage of the SSC CGL Exam 2020.
|Paper I – Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes (Total) For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 160 Minutes|
|Paper-II – English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV – General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2020
Knowing the syllabus is the first method to enhance SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant preparation. The quant section includes questions from various topics as tabulated below:
|whole numbers||decimals||fractions||relationships between numbers|
|Percentage||Ratio & Proportion||Square roots||Averages|
|Interest||Profit and Loss||Discount||Partnership Business|
|Mixture and Alligation||Time and distance||Time & Work||Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surd|
|Graphs of Linear Equations||Triangle and its various kinds of centers||Congruence and similarity of triangles||Circle and its chords|
|Tangents||angles subtended by chords of a circle||common tangents to two or more circles||Triangle|
|Quadrilaterals||Regular Polygons||Circle||Right Prism|
|Right Circular Cone||Right Circular Cylinder||Sphere||Hemispheres|
|Rectangular Parallelepiped||Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base||Trigonometric ratio||Degree and Radian Measures|
|Standard Identities||Complementary angles||Heights and Distances||Histogram|
|Frequency polygon||Bar diagram & Pie chart||–||–|
Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CGL Tier 2
Have a look at the below important topics and begin SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation.
- LCM and HCF based Questions: 1. LCM and HCF 2. Time and Work 3. Piper and Cistern 4. Number System
- Ratio and Proportion based Questions: 1. Ratio and Proportion 2. Mixture and Alligation 3. Partnership
- Percentage based Questions: 1. Percentage 2. Simple Interest 3. Compound Interest 4. Profit and Loss
- Speed based Questions: 1. Time, Distance and Training 2. Boat and Stream
- Advanced Math: Advanced Math consists of mensuration, geometry, surd, indices’s and co-related topics.
- Trigonometry: Do Trigonometry and practice advanced level trigonometry as it is essential part of the Quantitative Aptitude Section.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Questions Weightage
Go through the below table to know the number of questions asked from each topic in SSC CGL tier 2 maths section.
|3||Time & Work, Pipe & Cistern||6||6||6||5||6||5||4|
|4||Profit & Loss, Discount||10||11||11||10||10||9||9|
|5||Ratio, Mixture & Alligation||6||6||4||4||7||8||6|
|6||Time Speed Distance, Boat & Stream Trains||4||5||6||8||4||3||4|
|7||Interest (CI & SI)||4||4||5||4||3||4||4|
|10||Trigonometry, Height & Distance||9||7||10||9||10||9||11|
|13||Surds & Indices, Simplification||2||4||0||2||0||3||3|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Questions
Here are few important quant questions asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam. Solving SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Question Papers is one of the best-suggested preparation methods to crack the exam with a high score.
Q1) Unit digit in (264)102 + (264)103 is:
Q2) In a class 3/5 of the students are girls and the rest are boys. If 2/9 of the girls and 1/4 of the boys are absent. What part of the total number of students are present?
Q3) The maximum number of students among whom 1001 pens and 910 pencils can be distributed in such a way that each student gets the same number of pens and the same number of pencils is:
Q4) The following points (3a, 0), (0, 3b), (a, 2b) forms a
(a) straight line
(c) equilateral triangle
(d) None of these
Q5) The points A(–1, 4), B(5, 2) are the vertices of a triangle of which C(0,–3) is the centroid, then the third vertex C is
(a) 4, 15
(b) 4, –15
(c) –4, –15
(d) None of these
Q6) The Acute angle between the lines with slopes 3/4 and –1/7 is
(d) None of these
Q7) Between two consecutive years my incomes are in the ratio of 2 : 3 and expenses in the ratio 5: 9. If my income in the second year is Rs. 45000 and my expenses in the first year is Rs. 25000 my total savings for the two years are
(b) Rs. 15000
(c) Rs. 10000
(d) Rs. 5000
Q8) A thief is noticed by a policeman from a distance of 200 m. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. The thief and the policeman run at the rate of 10 km and 11 km per hour respectively. What is the distance between them after 6 minutes?
(a) 50 meters
(b) 100 meters
(c) 120 meters
(d) None of the above
Q9) Rs. 180 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paise, and 25 paise coins in the ratio 2 : 3: 4. What is the number of 50 paise coins?
Q10) N solid metallic spherical balls are melted and recast into a cylindrical rod whose radius is 3 times that of a spherical ball and height is 4 times the radius of a spherical ball. The value of N is:
Q11) What is the area (in square units) of the triangular region enclosed by the graphs of the equations x + y = 3, 2x + 5y = 12, and the x-axis?
Q12) The value of (7 + 8 x 8 ÷ 8 of 8 + 8 ÷ 8 x 4 of 4) / (4 ÷ 4 of 4 + 4 x 4 ÷ 4 – 4 ÷ 4 of 2) is:
Q13) To do a certain work, the ratio of efficiency of A to that of B is 3:7. Working together, they can complete the work in 10 ½ days. They work together for 8 days. 60% of the remaining work will be completed by A alone in:
(1) 5 ½ days
(2) 5 days
(3) 6 ½ days
(4) 4 days
Q14) Anu sold an article for Rs. 480 at some profit. Had she sold it for Rs. 400, then there would have been a loss equal to one-third of the initial profit. What was the cost price of the article?
(1) Rs. 450
(2) Rs. 430
(3) Rs. 425
(4) Rs. 420
Q15) Pipes A, B, and C can fill a tank in 30h, 40h, and 60h respectively. Pipes A, B, and C are opened at 7 a.m., 8 a.m., and 10 a.m., respectively on the same day. When will the tank be full?
(1) 10.00 p.m.
(2) 10.20 p.m.
(3) 9.20 p.m.
(4) 9.40 p.m.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Tips & Tricks
- Once you are aware of the exam syllabus of the exam, know your weakness and strengths.
- Create a time frame for solving the problems that you have in Quantitative Aptitude
- Do not waste time doing unproductive things
- Learn all the concepts well because you cannot solve difficult questions without solving easy questions
- Solve Mock tests and SSC CGL Quant Quiz for each section of the exam. TopRankers has several mock tests for all bank exams. The Sure Shot test series is a great way to improve on your mistakes.
- Use a StopWatch or Stop Watch on your mobile while solving problems.
- Master Quantitative Aptitude section, as one cannot crack SSC CGL without paying attention to this section.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Books
By following the right books, it is definitely possible to clear the exam in one attempt. Here are few recommended SSC CGL Quant Books by experts and toppers.
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant|
|Quantitative aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam: Quantitative Abilities Arithmetic Ability||Kiran Prakashan|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation FAQs
Q. Is there any negative marking for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Exam?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer in the SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Exam.
Q. Which topic in the SSC CGL Quant section has the highest weightage?
Ans: Geometry is the section having highest weightage of questions which is observed since 2012. Around 13-14 questions are asked from this section.
Q. Can I crack Quant section in one attempt?
Ans: Yes, with the right SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Preparation Methods it is possible to score more marks and clear the exam in one attempt.
Q. Can I get previous year SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Question Papers?
Ans: Yes, you can view or download Free SSC CGL Tier 2 Previous Year Quant Question Papers from this article.
Q. How to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant Exam?
Ans: By following the right preparation strategies, you can prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Quant exam. Ensure to follow the right books and study each topic in depth. Solve more and more problems from each topic to be perfect.
Share your thoughts/queries here!