How to Improve English section for Bank Exams?
- Tips to Improve English section for Bank Exams
- Vocabulary :
- Reading Comprehension :
- Verbal Ability :
Get Toppers Tips, Tricks and Strategies to Improve English section for Bank Exams -SBI, IBPS, RBI, PO, Clerk, SO etc.
Tips to Improve English section for Bank Exams
There is intense competition in bank exams. Public Sector Bank jobs offer lucrative job opportunities and good salary. If you put in the efforts, it won’t be very difficult to crack the Bank exams. In order to successfully crack the bank exams, you must prepare well. The article deals with the strategies required for improving the English section for bank exams.
The English section in most Bank exams can be classified into the below sections:
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
Vocabulary is an ocean and it can only be developed only over a period of time. One needs to work on vocabulary to improve in English.
What type of questions comes English Vocabulary section?
Questions related to Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Error spotting, Phrase Replacement, Word Association Pair, Phrase or Idiom Meaning, Spellings come under Vocabulary.
How to improve Vocabulary for English:
- Read the newspapers regularly and make a note of the difficult words and find their meanings. Understand the usage of the word in various scenarios and the context of the usage. Learn their meanings.
- Learn the synonyms and antonyms of new words.
- Solve the vocabulary sections from previous years’ question papers.
- Try mnemonic techniques to memorize the meanings of the words.
What type of questions comes in Grammar section?
The main topics related to Grammar related questions are:
- Error Spotting
- Phrase Replacement
How to improve Grammar for English:
- Learn basic Grammar concepts like Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Degrees of Comparison, Subject-Verb Agreement, Conjunctions, Parts of Speech, Standard Construction, Adverbs, Number in Nouns, etc.
- Download dictionary apps and English learning apps on your Mobile phone
- There are a number of apps that are free and can help
- Watch English Grammar tutorial videos
- You can practice this section even online, i.e., on mobile apps as well. Even while travelling you can simply practice a few questions on such apps.
- Go through the study material on Error Spotting and Gerunds.
- Solve previous years’ question papers and mock exams.
Reading Comprehension :
What type of questions comes in reading comprehension section?
Since you are solving English section for bank exams, the passages could be based on Finance, Banking and Economy, Geo-Politics, Social Issues, Business etc. Direct questions will be asked based on the passage. It is time-consuming and only practice can help with both speed and accuracy.
How to improve Reading comprehension for English:
- The questions asked in these passages are mostly fact-based, inferences and vocabulary based.
- You must practice reading comprehension questions to improve speed and accuracy.
- Learn Speed Reading to save time.
- Understand the passages and answer the questions quickly
- Practice the RC from various topics and varied levels of difficulty.
- Expect the unexpected.
Verbal Ability :
What type of questions comes in Verbal Ability section?
This section consists of 6 Para jumble sentences with 5 questions. Even questions like “odd one out” can be asked.
How to improve Verbal Ability for English:
- Expect questions on Para-completion. You need to complete the paragraph by understanding it in the right context.
- Understand the passage in a logical manner – beginning, middle and the end.
- Look for words that will help you connect the story and fill in the dots,
- Practice from sample papers and mock tests.
Accuracy and speed can be developed by solving more question papers in this section. Vocabulary needs to be improved by reading newspapers, magazines and watching English News channels and Debates.
Stay tuned for more updates on How to Improve English section for Bank Exams?
Share your thoughts/queries here!