How to crack SSC JE 2017 Exam, Preparation tips & Strategy
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the notification for recruitment of candidates to the post of Jr. Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Exam on 1 to 4 March 2017. The last date for applying for the post of SSC JE is over. The Exam of SSC JE 2017 is scheduled to be held in the month of March 2017. The candidates should keep an eye here for applying to the post of SSC JE 2017. As per 2015 data, around 3, 08, 852 candidates appeared in this examination.
SSC JE exam pattern:
The common entrance test of the SSC Junior Engineer Exam consists of two papers. Paper-I is an objective type based paper which is taken on an OMR sheet while Paper-II is subjective. Paper-I have the following sections –
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Paper-II has three parts from General Engineering section which are:
- Part A : Civil & Structural
- Part B : Electrical
- Part C : Mechanical
SSC JE : How to prepare
- Go through the complete exam syllabus.Write down important points and topics. When you revise, you can easily loot at these main points.
- Get the appropriate study materials before you start your preparation for SSC junior Engineer exam. You can get books as per latest syllabus, online study notes and other study materials.
- But cracking the SSC Junior Exam will need dedication and it is best if you learn time management. Make an appropriate time table and stick to it. Start preparing for difficult topics first.
- Clear all your doubts in time. If you are having difficulty in any topic, take expert guidance and do timely preparation.
- Time management applies not only to the time you take out to study but also on how you utilize those 4-5 hours every day. Try to come up with methods to solve questions faster so you wouldn’t be wasting a lot of time during the exam. This will help you answer all the questions within the allotted time.
- While solving practice papers , try to focus on speed as well as the accuracy. For this , you need to take as many mock exams as possible before the actual test.
- Take last 5 years question paper and note the important questions, repeated questions and pattern. Try to solve each type of question from these topics.
- If you don’t know the answer for a question, move to the next question. Do not stuck with a single question. You need to score a minimum score to secure the cut off marks.
- Daily update yourself with the latest current affairs and general knowledge. This will help you in the exam.
- Memorize all the important formulas and short tricks for the questions. Also, make it a habit to get enough written practice in numerical and tricky questions.
If you follow these tips carefully, you can achieve good results for sure!
Share your thoughts/queries here!