How to Crack RBI Grade B 2019 – Important Things to Know about Exam & Post
There is very little time left for the RBI Grade B 2019 exams. It is time to know that you should follow a strategy and go about a way to crack RBI Grade B 2019. Go through the article to know important points to remember while going for the exam and last-minute trick to crack the exam.
How to Crack RBI Grade B 2019
As per the official notification, the Grade B selection takes place in three phases- the Prelims Exam, Main Exam, and Personal Interview.
The Prelims Exam is a major hurdle for most and there are some quick tips to sail through the exam easily. The RBI Grade B Prelims is an important part of the selection procedure, career path, exam pattern, and scope.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2019
|RBI Grade B Exam Pattern for Phase I|
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Maxi.
|General Awareness||80||80||2 hrs|
10 Things to How to Crack RBI Grade B Exam 2019
1. Reasoning and General Awareness are important: General Awareness and Reasoning sections take a major chunk of the scores. Reasoning and General Awareness alone take up 140 out of 200 marks. Also, both happen to be high scoring sections. You can use the current affairs and knowledge of banking and economics to score well in the General Awareness section.
2. English Language: You need to read well and read enough to strengthen this section. It is an underestimated section in comparison with Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning. You need to do well in grammar, Reading comprehension, sentence correction and more.
3. Solve Mock tests regularly: Mock tests are not just a way to practice and brush up your skills, but it is a better way to set a benchmark for yourself. How well you do in the mock tests goes a long way in determining how well you will do in the examinations.
4. Manage your time: Just like how they keep a stopwatch to measure how much a sportsperson is able to achieve a sports feat in a short period of time, you need to learn to keep the stopwatch while cracking the exams. You need to break records in solving the exams in a short time.
5. Practice Previous years Question Paper: Go through previous years question Papers. Go through the previous year’s RBI Grade B papers and solve the old questions. As they say, history always repeats itself, Old questions can sometimes be asked again in the exams.
6. You will be a trainee: You will initially be under training period and undergo 15 weeks of training at Reserve Bank Staff College Temperament, Chennai. You will be on probation for 2 years and the probation can be extended to 4 years depending on your performance.
7. Posting and Location: RBI is headquartered in Mumbai and most of the postings will be in major cities of India.
8. Career, Salary, and Perks: Your salary will initially be 35,150 Per month to 65,789 per month. You will also be eligible for perks and allowances.
9.Promotions: Promotions will be from Grade B onwards. As a grade B officer, you are directly entering into level Grade B and now you can scale up the ranks to become a Governor (if possible).
Assistant→Assistant Manager→Manager→Assistant General Manager→Dy General Manager→Principle Chief General Manager →Executive Director→ Dy Governor→Governor
10. Work Hard: Don’t curse our luck, just work hard. Make sure that you put in the effort to crack the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!