Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017
Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017- Get here all the details, eligibility, syllabus, pattern, timings.
Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017: Check GSET eligibility Criteria
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara is going to conduct Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) 2017 on 27th August, 2017. With the aim to decide teaching profession merit, the GSET will be conducted at different centers such as Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, and Patan.
The State Agency will organize the exam to determine the eligibility of Assistant Professor in various colleges and universities of Gujarat State for mainly 23 subjects. The applicants who manage to succeed GSET exam will be eligible to enroll for Assistant Professor Jobs in all the UGC recognized organizations.
According to the selection procedure, GSET Examination will consist of three papers. All the three papers will include objective-type questions and will take place in two split sessions. Paper 1 will be of 100 marks, Paper 2 will have 50 questions (all compulsory) for 100 marks, and Paper 3 will have 75 questions (all compulsory) for 150 marks.
The paper 1 and 2 will take place in the 1st session: 9.30 AM – 10.45 AM, and 11 AM – 12.15 PM. While Paper 3 will take place be in the 2nd session: 2 PM – 4.30 PM.
The candidates who have filled up the application form can download their admit cards for knowing their exam details like roll number, exam venue etc. The State agency will issue the admit cards 7 days prior to the examination date.
|1||Starting of Online Registration||29/04/2017 (Morning 11.00 hours)|
|2||Starting of Fee Collection||01/05/2017|
|3||Last day for Online Application Submission and
Bank Challan Generation
|4||Last day for Fee Collection||09/06/2017|
|5||Date of Examination||27/08/2017|
In order to qualify for the Test, the applicant must attain the cut off marks and acquire top 15% in the subject as well as category merit list. The GSET result will get declared after a few weeks of the test. The applicants can easily log in to see the results. Minimum marks are separate for Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. The minimum marks are stated below-
|Minimum Marks (%)||General||SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH|
|Paper 1||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|Paper 2||40 (40%)||35 (35%)|
|Paper 3||75 (50%)||60 (40%)|
If the applicant succeeds in getting the cut off marks, then the 2nd step would involve a merit list; category wise and subject wise using the total marks of all the papers will be prepared.
The last and the third step would involve the top 15% applicants for every category and subject, from the stated merit list under step 2, will be finally announced GSET qualified for Assistant Professor.
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree
- Candidates must have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities(including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for GSET Examination. For all other classes like SC/ST/OBC, the minimum mark is 50% (without rounding off)
- Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year / semester at the qualifying Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited or the candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for GSET Examination
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters’ course or in first four semesters of a six semesters’ course of Master’s Degree cannot appear for this GSET Examination
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/documents in support of their eligibility nor the printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara
- The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates
- There is no upper age limit for applying in GSET for eligibility of Assistant Professor
Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017 Registration/ Application form
Candidates can apply online at http://www.gujaratset.ac.in from 29th April 2017.
- General / Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-creamy layer) Candidates – Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates – Rs. 700/-
Currently, GSET will be conducting test in a total of 23 subjects which are at six examination centers spread across Gujarat State.
Subject code along with their name are given below-
- 01 Mathematical Science
- 02 Physical Science
- 03 Chemical Science
- 04 Life Science
- 05 Hindi
- 06 Gujarati
- 07 Sanskrit
- 08 History
- 09 Sociology
- 10 Economics
- 11 Political Science
- 12 English
- 13 Education
- 14 Psychology
- 15 Library and Information Sciences
- 16 Law
- 17 Commerce
- 18 Management
- 19 Computer Science and Applications
- 20 Physical Education
- 21 Philosophy
- 22 Home Science
- 23 Geography
Examination Centers- Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017
There are six examination centers in Gujarat State. Below given are the examination centers’ names along with their center code–
- 01 Vadodara
- 02 Ahmedabad
- 03 Rajkot
- 04 Surat
- 05 Patan
- 06 Bhavnagar
You can also find the official notification at http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/info_bulletin.pdf.
We hope that the above mentioned details will help you to get a better insight about Gujarat State Eligibility Test GSET 2017.
Stay tuned for more updates about GSET 2017.
Share your thoughts/queries here!