FCI Exam Syllabus 2019 | JE, Steno,Asst Grade II & III Prelims & Mains
FCI is considered to be the most respected job in central government. There is huge competition in this field. The candidates who are planning on taking the exam must be aware of the complete details of FCI Exam Syllabus 2019:
- Even though, the selection process for FCI Recruitment will consist of three phases; Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and personal Interview.
- After all, it’s not just syllabus, you also need to learn the exam pattern well in order to plan your FCI Preparation Tips well.
- However, the FCI Exam Syllabus and FCI Exam Pattern for FCI Prelims is similar for all the posts that FCI offers
- Ultimately, Food Corporation of India has released FCI Admit Card 2019 on May 16, 2019.
- Moreover, the subjects that FCI Recruitment 2019 Syllabus for Prelims covers are English, Reasoning, and Maths.
- Most importantly we have mentioned the last year FCI Exam cut off to give the reference for the upcoming FCI Exam.
FCI Exam Syllabus Highlights
However, the candidates who have been preparing for the FCI must know the other important details of the exam. The table below has some important information regarding the Food Corporation of India Recruitment 2019 Syllabus that candidates must check-
|Exam Name||FCI Recruitment|
|Conducting Body||Food Corporation Of India|
|Application Form Release||February 23, 2019|
|Admit Card Released Date||May 16, 2019|
|Application Form Ends||March 30, 2019|
|Exam Dates||May 31 to June 03, 2019|
However, the selection process for FCI Recruitment will consist of three phases; Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and personal Interview. Click Here for FCI Vacancy
FCI Phase 1 Exam Syllabus
The following table has the Syllabus of FCI 2019 and Exam Pattern for the prelims exam of FCI. The candidates must know that the Prelims Syllabus for FCI is same for all the posts that FCI offers:
|Numerical Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language|
|Data Interpretation||Alphanumeric Series||Cloze Test|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Blood Relations||Fill in the blanks|
|Mixtures & Allegations||Coded Inequalities||Miscellaneous|
|Number Systems||Coding Decoding||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||Data Sufficiency||Para jumbles|
|Profit & Loss||Input Output||Paragraph Completion|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Sequence & Series||Puzzle|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test|
|Work & Time||Tabulation|
The following table has FCI Exam Syllabus for Prelims or Phase 1 of FCI for all the posts:
|Subject||Total Questions||Max.Marks||Duration Of Exam|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 min|
The FCI Exam Syllabus for Mains differs from one post that FCI offers to another.
- However, the candidates must have the information of all the syllabuses of different posts.
- Moreover, the syllabus of FCI for Mains Exam is designed as per the Post candidates are applying for
- In last, Junior Engineer (Civil Engineering) FCI Exam Syllabus Mains Exam 2019
The table below has the detailed Food Corporation of India syllabus for JE FCI Mains Exam 2019:
|Detailed Syllabus for Junior Engineer (Civil Engineering) (Post Code A)|
|Building Materials: Physical and Chemical properties building stones, cement (Portland), Asbestos products, Timber and Wood-based Products, laminates, bituminous materials, paints, varnishes, etc.
Surveying: Principles of surveying, plane table surveying, theodolite, leveling and contouring, curvature, permanent adjustment of dumpy level, methods of contouring, tachometric survey, etc.
Soil Mechanics: Void ratio, porosity, saturation, water content, a specific gravity of soil grains and unit weights, grain size, Atterberg’s limits, soil classification, plasticity chart, permeability, consolidation of soils. Lab tests, moisture content, bearing capacity of soils, plate load test, standard penetration test, etc.
Estimating, Costing and Valuation: Estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick, RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles, etc.
Transportation Engineering: Types of pavements, pavement materials – aggregates and bitumen, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, bituminous construction, rigid pavement joint, pavement maintenance, Railway Engineering.
Environmental Engineering: Quality of water, purification, distribution, sanitation, sewerage and sewage treatments.
Structural Engineering: Theory of structures, bending moment and shear force diagrams retaining walls, eccentric loads, slope deflection, critical load and columns, torsion, etc.
Concrete Technology: Latest technology and uses of concrete, water cement ratio, workability, mix design, placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete, quality control of concrete, repair and maintenance of a concrete structure, etc.
RCC Designs: RCC flexural strength, shear strength, bond strength, the design of single reinforced beams, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State method and Working Stress method).
Steel Design: Steel design and construction of steel columns, beams, roof trusses, plate girders.
Construction Management: Construction scheduling Bar Chart, CPM and PERT, etc.
FCI Exam Syllabus | Junior Engineer Mains Exam
Although the table below has the complete details of the FCI Exam Syllabus for Junior Engineer (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) for the Mains Exam 2019:
|Junior Engineer (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code B)|
|Basic concepts, Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units, Circuit law, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution of power in different power stations, Estimation and costing, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics, Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Thermal Engineering, Air standard Cycles for IC engines, Rankine cycle of steam, Air Compressors & their cycles, Boilers Refrigeration cycles, Production Engineering.|
Assistant Grade-III (Accounts) FCI Exam Syllabus Mains 2019
The candidates can check the following table for the FCI Exam Syllabus for the post of Assistant Grade-III for the Mains Exam 2019:
|Assistant Grade-III (Accounts) (Post Code G)|
|1.||Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts|
|2.||Taxation including||Income Tax|
|Goods and Services Tax|
|3.||Auditing||Auditing concepts and methods|
|Internal & External audit of companies|
|4.||Commercial Laws (Basic Knowledge)||Contract Act|
|Sales of Goods Act|
|Negotiable Instrument Act|
|5.||Basic of Computers||Operating System|
|Memory (Internal, External, Portable)|
|M.S. Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)|
Although, the table below has the FCI Exam Syllabus for Assistant Grade-III (Technical) for Mains Exam 2019 | FCI Exam Syllabus Mains Assistant Grade-III (Technical)
|Assistant Grade-III (Technical) (Post Code H)|
|Agriculture: – Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Elementary entomology, Plant Protection, Agricultural Economics.
Botany:- Cell Biology: Tissue, Organ & Organ System, Genetics, Plant Classification, Diversity, Ecology, Life Process: Photosynthesis, Respiration, Circulation, Movement, etc, Basics of Biochemistry.
Zoology: – Animal Cell & Tissue, Organ System, Heredity & Variation, Animal Classification, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents.
Chemistry: – Chemical bonding, Organic Chemistry: Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemistry in daily life.
Physics: – Measurements, Basic Physics, Light, Electricity.
The syllabus mentioned above for Agriculture, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics are grouped into the following two categories:
Most Importantly, at the time of filling up of the online application form, the candidate applying for the post of AG-III (Tech) shall have to select any one of the above groups for online examination Paper-II i.e. either Group-A or Group-B in which he/she wishes to appear in the examination. The option once exercised shall be final and no further changes will be allowed under any circumstances.
However, the FCI exam has Paper 3. The candidates can read about the Exam details of FCI Paper 3 as follows:
- Firstly, there will be a total of 120 questions in the exam
- Secondly, the questions will base on General English, General Hindi, GK, and Computer Knowledge
- Hence, the FCI Exam Paper 3 is for the candidates who have applied for Post Code D [Assistant Grade-II (Hindi)], and Post Code E [Typist (Hindi)]
- Most importantly, the questions will be in objective type (MCQs)
The FCI Paper 4 has to be given by those students that have applied for the Post Code D [Assistant Grade-II (Hindi)]. The important details regarding the FCI Paper 4 Syllabus are as follows:
- However, Paper 4 of FCI is basically a translation test
- Moreover, Candidates have to translate 2 passages from Hindi to English
- Hence, Each of the passage carries 60 marks
- After all, his is an online test and the type of this paper is subjective
- Most importantly, the candidates should know how to use the keyboard layouts: Inscript and Remington (GAIL)
Moreover, the candidates who are applying for the post of Post Code C [Steno Grade-II] will be attempting this exam. The several instructions for Paper 5 of FCI Exam are as follows:
- Firstly, the exam has a total of 120 questions
- Secondly, the exam is an Objective type (MCQs)
- In last, the questions will be asked from General English, General Hindi, General Intelligence and regarding Computer Knowledge.
FCI Posts and Paper Codes
However, the candidates must know the details regarding the posts in FCI Recruitment. The Prelims are similar for all the posts in FCI 2019 Syllabus but the Mains exams differ. The candidates can check different posts in FCI and their postcode in the following table:
|C||Steno Grade – II|
|A||Junior Engineer Civil|
|B||Junior Engineer ( Electrical & Mechanical)|
FCI Result 2019
- However, Food Corporation of India, Food Corporation of India releases the result for the exams conducted as a part of the selection process for Various posts as mentioned above in this page.
- We will update this page with the direct link to download official FCI Result.
- Moreover, The official Result will be announced a few weeks after the exam date.
- Hence, the exam date is not yet clear, we can not speculate the timing of the result.
FCI Selection Process 2019
All the posts except Typist (Hindi) (Post Code – E)& Stenographer Grade – II (Post Code -C) will go through 3 staged selection process.
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Document Verification
However, Typist (Hindi) (Post Code – E) & Stenographer Grade – II (Post Code -C) will go through 4 staged selection process. The skill test will be an additional skill required for these two posts mentioned here.
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Skill test (Qualifying in nature)
- Document Verification
Share your thoughts/queries here!