ESIC Preparation Tips for Steno & UDC Exam 2019
Employee’s State Insurance Corporation released notification to hire for 1870 posts of UDC & Stenographer. The ESIC Exam will be conducted on 14th july 2019, we will help you with the ESIC Preparation Tips to Crack the exam.
- The Candidates can Download their ESIC Admit Card any time before 14th July 2019.
- Candidates should check the ESIC Syllabus to know about all possible topics that can be asked in the examination.
- ESIC Selection Process for both UDC (Upper Division Clerk) & Stenographer is different & recruitment for both positions is being carried out simultaneously.
- We will cover the complete ESIC Exam Analysis which will provide a complete review of the paper, questions asked in the exam, difficulty level & the expected topics.
ESIC Preparation Tips & Exam Highlights 2019
|Conducting body||Employee’s State Insurance Corporation|
|Number of Posts offered||2|
|Number of Vacancies||1870|
|Minimum Age limit||18 years|
|Last date to apply||April 15, 2019|
- The ESIC Preparation Tips will test candidates on their Logical Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness.
ESIC Exam Pattern
Before going through the ESIC Preparation Tips, let us take a look at the Exam Pattern.
The following table displays the ESIC UDC Exam Pattern for Prelims:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning ( Bilingual)||25||50||1 Hour|
|General Awareness ( Bilingual)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude ( Bilingual)||25||50|
- The UDC Prelims exam is qualifying in nature, the marks obtained in this section are not considered in final selection.
- For each incorrect answer there is a markdown of 0.25 marks.
The following table displays the ESIC Stenographer Exam Pattern for Mains:
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||100||100||70 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General Awareness||50||50||25 Minutes|
- The marks obtained in this phase are considered in the final selection as well.
- This section does have Negative marking. For each incorrect answer 1/4th marks are deducted.
ESIC Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
- Make sure you practice questions from topics like approximation, simplification, number series, and quadratic equations because these topics take less time and give accurate answers.
- Be clear with the concepts of percentage, ratio and proportion, averages, simplification/approximation and data interpretation questions.
- Attempt the ESIC Mock Tests to sharpen your quantitative aptitude.
- Pay extra attention to Key topics mentioned below:
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
ESIC Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning
- The best way to enhance your Logical Reasoning skills is through practice. Make sure to take out 1-2 hours to practice Reasoning Aptitude every day.
- Key topics to focus on:
- Blood Relations
- Similarities and Differences
- Number Series/ Arithmetic Reasoning
- Input Output
- Data Sufficiency
ESIC Preparation Tips for the English Language – Mains Exam
- Read an English newspapers everyday to improve sentence formation, grammar, Vocabulary & General Knowledge.
- Try to learn 1 new word everyday.
- Key Topics to focus on (English) :
- Spotting the error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Correction
ESIC General Awareness Preparation Tips
- There are 3 different sections that you should work upon to prepare for GA: Current Affairs, Basic General Knowledge, Insurance Awareness.
- For Current Affairs, you should focus on the topics below:
- Government Schemes
- Latest Events
- Latest Sports Updates
- Important Dates
- Go through the following PDF to get updated on the latest dances, cups & trophies.
|Important Folk Dances of India PDF||Important Cups & Trophies PDF|
- For General Knowledge, the important topics are:
- Indian Government and Constitutions
- Ministers and Ministries
- State Capitals, country capitals
- Important World Geography
- Currencies of the world
- For Insurance Awareness:
- Insurance companies in India with their heads and head offices
- RBI Function and Schemes
- Indian Financial System and Policies
- IRDA and its functions
- Economic abbreviations and terms
- World Bank and Financial Organisations on international level
Last Minute Tips for ESIC SSO Mains
It is very normal that you are tensed about the upcoming exam. But you can follow these last minute tips to make yourself stress free and get rid of exam blues.
- The best last minute strategy is more and more practice. Practice Mock tests daily by taking ESIC Mock Test Series.
- Revise all topics that you have studied.
- Try your best to read about all latest events.
- Practice Numerical and Reasoning Ability Topics for at least 2 hours each day.
- Revise the new words and vocabulary that you have learnt and noted earlier.
- Do not be tensed before your paper, trust your preparation & hard work.
Adhere to these ESIC Preparation Tips 2019 before your exam & be confident, you will do good.
Share your thoughts/queries here!