DMRC Preparation Tips 2020: Check Expert’s Tips & Tricks
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has announced the recruitment for filling 1492 vacancies. To help each one of the aspirants, we have provided detailed DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I. Also, know the Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to crack DMRC Paper I.
- As per the DMRC Notification 2020, the paper 1 exam is scheduled in the month of April 2020.
- Candidates who have filled their application forms can begin their preparation well in advance.
- Get the section-wise preparation tips for DMRC 2020 here. Check the DMRC vacancy 2020 to know post-wise and category-wise vacancies.
DMRC Preparation Tips 2020
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has invited applications for 1492 vacancies. There are executive and non-executive posts. This is a wonderful opportunity for those who want to work in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation in executive or non-executive roles. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply before 13th January 2020.
- Make a proper study plan and begin your preparations by going through DMRC Exam Pattern 2020.
- Know the marking scheme and the total number of questions appearing from each section.
- Check DMRC Syllabus 2020 to know which topics to study from each section and what is the weightage of each topic.
DMRC Exam Pattern 2020
|Parameters||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Number of Sections||3||1|
|Sections||General Awareness, Logical Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Decision Making / Problem Solving and Knowledge of the Discipline/Trade||General English|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode||Online Mode|
|Number of questions||120 questions||60 questions|
|Medium of test||English and Hindi||English only|
|Duration of DMRC test||90 minutes||45 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||-1/3 for each wrong answer||-1/3 for each wrong answer|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
About DMRC Paper I: Computer Based Test (CBT): The CBT will consist of two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II, to be held on the same day at the same center). Paper-I will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions, bilingual (Hindi/English), on General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude (General English for Maintainer-Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Fitter, and Ref & AC Mechanic) and/ knowledge of the discipline/trade. There will be a total of 120 questions, each carrying equal marks. There will be negative marking. For every wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted. The Paper-I shall be of 1.5 hours duration.
DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I: Important Topics for DMRC Paper I Important topics to cover for each and every subject of Paper I:
- General Awareness: Current affairs (both National and International), History, Financial and Economic News, Geography, Politics, Books and Authors, Budget, Personalities, Sports, Film, Literature, Noble Prizes and World events, International Organizations, Countries, Capitals, and currencies,
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Series, Analogies, blood relation, Age calculation, sequence, symmetry, Problem-solving, Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Number Series, Alphabet Series, Test of Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Discrimination, direction, rotation, Differences, relations, judgments, figures and pictures, Coding-Decoding, Matrix, Syllogism, Blood Relation and Ranking, Non-Verbal, Odd One Out, Cube, Analogy, Miscellaneous
- Quantitative Aptitude: Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Distance, Mensuration, Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, Data Interpretation, interest calculation, Profit and loss, area/volume, flow rate, work, numbers, ratio, algebra, trigonometry, etc.
- Knowledge of your Discipline: This section consists of the basics of various subjects for executive and non-executive positions. Comprises of various disciplines of engineering like Mechanical engineering, Civil, Electrical, electronics. Other disciplines include librarian, Legal assistant, programming, Office assistant. Discipline or Specialization is the cornerstone of the exam apart from the rest of the papers.
- Syllabus of English (Paper-II): Spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelled words, idioms & phrases, one-word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I
- Understand the exam pattern – Get familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus before you begin to prepare. It makes things a lot easier.
- Proper planning – Plan your studies well. Proper planning is the key to success in competitive exams. Prepare for the exams well in advance.
- Solve mock Tests: Mock Tests are important in judging your abilities right. Mock Tests will also give a true picture before the exams, besides giving you practice and exposure to solving different types of questions.
- Aim for Accuracy: You need to be accurate while solving mathematical problems.
- Effective Time Management Tips – You need to learn to juggle various sections and manage to solve as many questions as you can in the time given.
- Prepare study notes: Apart from using reference material to study, you need to prepare using your own notes.
- Pay Attention to your Disciplines: You may be applying for any one or more posts in any disciplines. Focus well on your branch or area of expertise. Do not forget that even if you are an expert in your discipline, you will still have to solve Reasoning, Quants, English and General Awareness or GK.
- Get your Basics Right: Just like every tall building must have a tough base, similarly, basic concepts play an important role.
- Prepare Notes and Revise: There are no shortcuts, so prepare thoroughly.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs – Read the newspapers, magazines regularly to keep yourself updated on the latest trends. Reading newspapers is good for personality development. You can also focus on Banking awareness, Sports, Business & Economy, Political news, Awards, static GK and more etc.
- Online Test: Since it is an online test you need to get yourself acquainted to solve in the online mode. Paper mode is good too, but since DMRC will be conducted online.
DMRC English Language Preparation Tips for Paper II:
- English language cannot be learned in a day and you need to develop reading habit to improve language
- Read Books, Magazines and Newspapers to enhance your vocabulary.
- Study the basics of grammar
- Read the English newspaper editorial to improve language
- Read English Dictionaries or multi-lingual dictionaries to improve vocabulary
Important Books to Prepare for English Language Section
- Word Power by Norman Lewis (Penguin)
- High School Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin (S.Chand Publishers)
Important Points to Keep in Mind before exam Day: DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I
- Sleep well a day before the exams to wake up early and get ready for the exam
- On the day of the exam, make sure that you leave home early to reach the exam center on time.
- Keep your hall ticket and all the identity documents ready for inspection at the exam center
Share your thoughts/queries here!