DMRC Preparation Tips for JE and Assistant Manager Paper I – Tips, Tricks and Strategies
DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I – Tips, Tricks and Strategies to crack DMRC Paper I
DMRC Preparation Tips
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has invited applications for 1896 vacancies. There are executive and non-executive posts. This is a wonderful opportunity for those who want to work in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation in executive or non-executive roles.
Interested and Eligible candidates can apply before last date of 26th February 2018. Candidates having undergone lasik surgery are not suitable for any posts except Asstt.Programmer,Office Asstt.,Store Asstt and Legal Asstt. Selected candidates can work for DMRC and its concerned projects. All Candidates interested in the job must be willing to settle in Delhi.
Important Dates for DMRC Preparation Tips:
|Online Registration Starts||From 27.01.2018 (10.00 hrs )|
|Online application fee to be paid between:||From 01.02.2018 to 26.02.2018|
|Last Day for online Application||26.02.2018 (23: 59 hrs.)|
|Availability of Call Letters on DMRC website for CBT||Will be intimated by email/SMS on registered email/phone number|
DMRC Exam Pattern 2018
|Paper – I||General Awareness||120||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|Knowledge of your Discipline|
|Paper – II||English Language||60||45 Minutes|
About DMRC Paper I:
Computer Based Test (CBT): The CBT will consist of two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II, to be held on the same day at the same center). Paper-I will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions, bilingual (Hindi/English), on General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude (General English for Maintainer-Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Fitter and Ref & AC Mechanic) and/ knowledge of the discipline/trade. There will be a total of 120 questions, each carrying equal marks. There will be negative marking. For every wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted. The Paper-I shall be of 1.5 hours duration.
Preparation Tips for DMRC Paper I : Important Topics for DMRC Paper I
Important topics to cover for each and every subject of Paper I:
- General Awareness: Current affairs (both National and International), History, Financial and Economic News, Geography, Politics, Books and Authors, Budget, Personalities, Sports, Film, Literature, Noble Prizes and World events, International Organizations, Countries, Capitals and currencies,
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Series, Analogies, blood relation, Age calculation, sequence, symmetry, Problem-solving, Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Number Series, Alphabet Series, Test of Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Discrimination, direction, rotation, Differences, relations, judgments, figures and pictures, Coding- Decoding, Matrix, Syllogism, Blood Relation and Ranking, Non-Verbal, Odd One Out, Cube, Analogy, Miscellaneous
- Quantitative Aptitude: Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Distance, Mensuration, Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, Data Interpretation, interest calculation, Profit and loss, area/volume, flow rate, work, numbers, ratio, algebra, trigonometry, etc.
- Knowledge of your Discipline: This section consists of basics of various subjects for executive and non-executive positions. Comprises of various disciplines of engineering like Mechanical engineering, Civil, Electrical, electronics. Other disciplines include librarian, Legal assistant, programming, Office assistant. Discipline or Specialization is cornerstone of the exam apart from rest of the papers.
- Syllabus of English (Paper II): Spot the error, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting misspelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I
- Understand the exam pattern – Get familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus before you begin to prepare. It makes things a lot more easier.
- Proper planning – Plan your studies well. Proper planning is the key to success in competitive exams. Prepare for the exams well in advance.
- Solve mock Tests: Mock Tests are important in judging your abilities right. Mock Tests will also give a true picture before the exams, besides giving you practice and exposure to solve different types of questions.
- Aim for Accuracy: You need to be accurate while solving mathematical problems.
- Effective Time Management Tips – You need to learn to juggle various sections and manage to solve as many questions as you can in the time given.
- Prepare study notes: Apart from using reference material to study, you need to prepare using your own notes.
- Pay Attention to your Disciplines: You may be applying for any one or more posts in any disciplines. Focus well on your branch or area of expertise. Do not forget that even if you are an expert in your discipline, you will still have to solve Reasoning, Quants, English and General Awareness or GK.
- Get your Basics Right: Just like every tall building must have a tough base, similarly, basic concepts play an important role.
- Prepare Notes and Revise: There are no shortcuts, so prepare thoroughly.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs – Read the newspapers, magazines regularly to keep yourself updated on the latest trends. Reading newspapers is good for personality development. You can also focus on Banking awareness, Sports, Business & Economy, Political news, Awards, static GK and more etc.
- Online Test: Since it is an online test you need to get yourself acquainted to solve in the online mode. Paper mode is good too, but since DMRC will be conducted online.
DMRC English Language Preparation Tips for Paper II:
- English language cannot be learned in a day and you need to develop reading habit to improve language
- Read Books, Magazines and Newspapers to enhance your vocabulary.
- Study the basics of grammar
- Read the English newspaper editorial to improve language
- Read English Dictionaries or multi-lingual dictionaries to improve vocabulary
Important Books to Prepare for SSC MTS : SSC MTS tips for English Language Section
- Word Power by Norman Lewis (Penguin)
- High School Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin (S.Chand Publishers)
Important Points to Keep in Mind before exam Day: DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I
- Sleep well a day before the exams to wake up early and get ready for the exam
- On the day of the exam, make sure that you leave home early to reach the exam center on time.
- Keep your hall ticket and all the identity documents ready for inspection at the exam center
Stay tuned for more updates on DMRC Preparation Tips for Paper I
Share your thoughts/queries here!