Current Affairs topic for SSC CGL 2017 – Important Gk
Important Current Affairs & GK topic for SSC CGL 2017: Get here complete details.
Current Affairs topic for SSC CGL
SSC CGL is a Combined Graduate Level Examination 2017 to recruit group B gazetted as well as non gazetted officers into numerous vacant positions in central government offices. Please refer to the article Predictions about SSC CGL 2017 Exam pattern. This General Awareness section is the least time-consuming section if you prepare well prior to the exam. As per the analysis of the previous years’ papers, General Awareness can be widely divided into 3 sections namely ,Static GK, Science and Miscellaneous topics, Current Affairs topic for SSC CGL 2017 & more.
General Awareness Subtopics:
Questions related to Culture, Indian History, Geography (India and World), Environment, Economy, Polity will be asked.
Under History, prepare form Ancient, Medieval and Modern History.
- The ancient history topics are Indus Valley Civilization, Buddhism and Jainism, The Mauryans, Post-Mauryan Kingdoms and the Gupta period.
- The medieval history consists of Establishment & Expansion of the Delhi Sultanate, Religious Movements in the Fifteenth & Sixteenth Centuries, Mughal Dynasty, Later Mughals, and The Maratha State.
- Modern History topics are European Penetration & British Conquest of India, Major Battles, Social & Cultural Awakening in India, The Great Revolt of 1857, Indian National Congress, Nationalist Movement, 1905-1918: Growth of Militant Nationalism, Struggle for Swaraj – I, 1919 – 1927, Struggle for Swaraj – II, 1927-1947, Governor-Generals of India, and Indian Princely States.
The questions come from the topics Movements of Earth, Winds, Soils of India.
- Interior of Earth, Latitudes and Longitudes, Solar System, Atmosphere and details related to the states of India.
- Ocean & Ocean Currents, Volcanoes and Earthquakes, Habitats, Physical Features of India, Rivers in India.
- Agriculture in India, Transportation in India, Mineral resources in India, Forests in India and World Geography.
The topics are related to framing of the Constitution, President and Governor.
- Sources Of Indian Constitution, Schedules & Parts Of Indian Constitution, Chief Ministers, Citizenship, Article 370, Emergency in India, Commissions.
- President, Vice President, Attorney General of India, Comptroller Auditor General, Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, Bills, PM & Cabinet Ministers.
- Vidhan Sabha, Vidhan Parishad, Panchayats, Parliamentary funds, Supreme Court, High Court, Writs.
The questions come from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Gravity, Motion, Work, Pressure, Units of measurement, Sound, Heat, Electronics, Magnetism.
- Uses, Common names and composition of various chemicals, Alloys, questions based on Heat, Oxidation etc, SI Units, Chemical and Physical changes, Chemistry in everyday life.
- Parts of Plants and their functions, Parts of Human Body and their functions, Basics of animal Kingdom, Diseases-Prevention and Cure, Nutrients and Deficiency diseases.
- Population Census
- Union Budget, Demonetization and Economic Survey
- Important Books & Writers
- Oscar Winners
- First in Sports for India and World like First Olympics, First Asian Games etc.
- Famous Sea Ports, Airports and their locations
- State Animals and Symbols
- Important Institutions of India and World & their locations (like BRICS, World Bank, IMF and RBI etc.)
- Indian Art & Culture, Awards & their Significance
- Nobel Laureates & their Fields
Computer & Mobile Technology:
- Development of Computers
- Input & Output Devices
Please note that in SSC CGL exam, static GK is given more importance than the current affairs. Do not ignore the current affairs either, but prepare in a way that you more topics from Static GK are covered.
Share your thoughts/queries here!