CMAT – ENTRY PASS TO YOUR MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Common Management Admission Test, popularly known as CMAT or AICTE CMAT. This MBA entrance exam is an all-India exam which is conducted online once in a year by All India Council of Technical Education. CMAT scores are accepted by all AICTE approved institutions. Until the last year, CMAT was held twice in a year- in the month of February and September. But from the batch of 2016-2017, it was decided that it will be held once in a year. The last CMAT was held on 17 January 2016. It will be scheduled around the same time in the next year.
Few basic details about CMAT
• The registration for CMAT starts in the middle of November.
• The aspirants can register until mid-December and then the registration closes.
• 10 days before the exam, aspirants get their admit cards.
• Within the first week of AICTE CMAT, they get their score cards.
• The aspirant must be an Indian Citizen.
• Regardless of the stream in graduation, anyone can apply for CMAT.
• Even the third year students who will get their results in the same year before the MBA session starts can apply for it.
Details about registration
• The candidates can register themselves online at aicte cmat websites
• For the submission of the registration form, the applicant has to pay the required fees.
• The admit card is treated as a hall ticket and the candidate must carry it for entry in the exam center.
AICTE CMAT exam details
• The question paper carries total 100 questions. There will be 4 sections with 25 questions each.
• The four sections will be:
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
• The question paper carries total 400 marks. 100 marks for each section. This means 1 question carries 4 marks.
• The paper has to be solved within 3 hours.
• The candidates can take online mock tests to get an actual idea about the exam and get familiar with navigating through sections.
This will give you a clear idea about CMAT 2016-17.
Share your thoughts/queries here!