CLAT 2021 Syllabus (English,Legal Aptitude,Reasoning & GK)
CLAT Syllabus gives a brief idea of the topics asked from each section in the exam. It is published and decided by the conducting body.
The syllabus was modified as per the new pattern. Each section now has comprehension based questions in it.
Latest News: CLAT Exam Postponed since the previous exam date clashed with the CBSE Board exams. Check New CLAT Exam Date
CLAT Syllabus 2021 (Important Topics)
|English||Grammar, Antonyms, Synonyms, Vocabulary, Adverb, proverbs, One-word substitution, English Comprehension|
|GK & Current Affairs||Contemporary Events from India & world, Arts, culture, International Affairs, Historical events|
|Elementary Mathematics||Percentage, Algebra, Areas, Number system, time, speed, distance, Profit, Loss, Probability, Statistical Estimation, Ratios, and Proportion|
|Legal Aptitude||Constitution, Law, Polity|
|Logical Reasoning||Analogies, Series, Seating Arrangement, Syllogisms, calendar, clocks, sequence and matching, blood relation|
CLAT English Syllabus 2021
The CLAT Entrance Exam Syllabus for English includes topics that test your grammatical and vocabulary knowledge.
This section includes passages with a minimum word count of 450 words. The source of these passages is primarily the fictional and non-fictional writings with contemporary and historical significance.
These are an average of 5-7 minutes read for a 12th standard student. There are a few objective type questions that follow these passages.
You will have to demonstrate your comprehension and language skills including abilities to:
- Understand and comprehend the main objective of the passage including the viewpoints discussed in it;
- Derive conclusions and inferences based on comprehension;
- Create an excerpt of the passage in your mind;
- Bring out contrast and comparisons between various arguments derived from the passage
- Comprehend the meaning of various words and phrases included in the passage.
The CLAT English section is primarily segregated into 3 categorizations namely language/vocabulary, proficiency, and usage errors.
CLAT Current Affairs Syllabus 2021
This section again includes passages up to 450 words. These passages are extracted from news, journalistic sources and non-fictional writing. The questions are related to the passage but emphasize more on the legal information or topics discussed in the paragraph.
The questions may not require any additional legal knowledge apart from the one conveyed through the passage.
The series of questions asked in this section will require you to exhibit your awareness of aspects of GK and Current Affairs. It might also test your knowledge on the following:
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world;
- Arts and culture;
- International affairs; and
- Historical events of continuing significance.
CLAT Legal Reasoning Syllabus 2021
The word count for the passages included in this section is also 450 words. These passages will relate to factual events or scenarios which involve legal solutions, public policy questions, or moral philosophical inquiries.
You needn’t be well versed with legal terminology for this section. You will be at advantage if you have a general awareness of contemporary legal and moral issues to easily apply them to the given scenarios.
The questions that follow the passages given in this section require you to:
- Identify and infer the rules and principles mentioned in the passage;
- Apply such rules and principles to various fact situations; and
- Understand how changes to the rules or principles may alter their application to various fact situations.
CLAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2021
The CLAT UG Logical Reasoning section has passages of around 300 words. These short passages will be followed by one or more objective type questions that require you to:
Apply These Short Tricks to Solve Logical Reasoning Questions
- Identify an argument, its premises, and inferences;
- Read and recognize the arguments given in the paragraph;
- Critically analyze patterns of reasoning, and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence;
- Conclude the objective of the passage and apply the conclusions to new situations;
- Draw relationships and analogies, identify contradictions and equivalence and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
CLAT Quantitative Techniques Syllabus 2021
The Quantitative Techniques/Maths section in CLAT is a non-comprehension based section. This section will comprise short sets of facts of propositions, graphs, any other textual, pictorial and diagrammatic representation based questions.
You will have to apply mathematical operations to such representations or graphs or word problems. The questions additionally will require you to:
- Understand, conclude and manipulate information given in the graphical or diagrammatic representations; and
- Implement various 10th standard-based mathematical operations on the information from topics such as ratio & proportions, algebra, mensuration, and statistics.
CLAT Syllabus for LLM
The CLAT 2021 PG Syllabus includes 3 sections with 150 MCQs and subjective questions. The Law Entrance Test for LLM is conducted in offline mode for a total of 2 hours.
- The CLAT PG includes questions with difficulty level between moderate to difficult.
- Both Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence will have an equal weightage of 50 marks each in the question paper. Whereas, the rest of the questions are from different topics like Criminal law, International Law, etc.
This section consists of various rules and doctrines that govern the functioning of a modern state and other political communities. Candidates come across questions based on concepts that they have studied in their graduation.
Jurisprudence is classified into three branches – analytical, sociological, and theoretical. The questions in this section are set on the basis of the CLAT syllabus prescribed in the graduation degree course.
The Tort Law
This is a new law included based on damage to statues. Some of the obligations include Negligence, Nuisance, and Defamation.
This can be referred to as a piece of a legal document which is a mutual agreement made by two or more parties, enforceable by law. Important decisions made by the Supreme Court and High Court in relation to modern-day commercial activities form a very crucial part of this subject.
This is also known as Penal Law which is aimed at regulation of the Social code of conduct and prohibition of any antisocial activity that poses a threat to the safety, property, health, and moral welfare of citizens.
|Download CLAT Question Paper||How to Prepare for CLAT?||CLAT New Exam Pattern|
CLAT Syllabus FAQs
Q. Is the Syllabus for CLAT the same for LLB and LLM?
Ans: No, the CLAT 2021 Syllabus is different for Undergraduate and Post Graduate.
Q. How many sections are there in the CLAT UG Exam?
Ans: There are five sections: English, Mathematics, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude
Q. Is there any change in the CLAT 2021 Syllabus?
Ans: No, there is no change in the syllabus. The subjects in CLAT are the same- Quantitative Techniques, Logical Reasoning, English Language, Current Affairs with GK, and Legal Reasoning.
Q. What are the best books for the preparation of CLAT Maths Syllabus 2021?
Ans: The following are some of the best books for the preparation of the CLAT Maths Syllabus:
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Mathematics for CLAT & AILET by LAWGICIANS
- Mathematics for CLAT by Shailesh Kuma
Share your thoughts/queries here!