CLAT Syllabus 2019
- CLAT Syllabus 2019
- CLAT Exam Pattern 2019
- Books for CLAT Exam
- English Language & Comprehension
- Recommended Books for English Preparation
- General Knowledge
- Recommended Books for General Knowledge Preparation
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Recommended Books for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
- Legal Aptitude
- Recommended Books for Legal aptitude Preparation
- Reasoning Ability
- Recommended Books for Logical Reasoning Preparation
- CLAT Previous Years Question Papers
- CLAT Preparation Tips
CLAT Syllabus 2019
Common Law Admission Test is an entrance exam meant for the purpose of getting admission into graduate law courses at various National law universities across India. Through this exam, you can compete to get admission into 18 Law Universities. Candidates can check the CLAT Syllabus in detail in the article below-
- CLAT offers admission into both 3-year and 5-year integrated law courses like B.A. LLB.
- The CLAT online application forms were released on 1st January 2019.
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies will be holding the exam this year.
- Your selection will be done based on your preference and score in the exam.
- If you are preparing for CLAT 2019, the first and foremost action you should do is check the syllabus.
- Find the detailed CLAT Syllabus 2019 for every section including English, GK, Maths, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning Ability as per the latest CLAT exam pattern, Also get recommended books.
CLAT Syllabus 2019 in Brief
Below given is the Section-wise syllabus of CLAT UG 2019-
|1.||English Language & Comprehension||Comprehension passages and grammar, Vocabulary, Meanings, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Correction|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||Profit and Loss, Number System, Percentage, Height and Distance, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Geometry, Algebra|
|3.||General Knowledge||Current Affairs, Static GK|
|4.||Legal Aptitude||Legal propositions|
|5.||Reasoning Ability||Syllogism, Analogies, Blood relation, Logical sequences|
Detailed CLAT Syllabus
English Language & Comprehension CLAT Syllabus – 40 Questions
- Idioms and Phrases
- One-Word Substitution
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Spelling Mistakes
- Spot the Error
- Reading Comprehension
Legal Aptitude CLAT Syllabus – 50 Questions
- International Law
- Criminal Law
- Indian Constitution
- Legal Terms
- Legal Maxims
- Family Law
- Legal Propositions
Quantitative Aptitude CLAT Syllabus – 20 Questions
- Profit & Loss
- Partnership & Discounts
- Number Systems
- Surds and Indices
- HCF & LCM
- Square Roots
- Ratio & Proportion
- Areas & Volumes
General Knowledge CLAT Syllabus – 50 Questions
- General Science
- Books & Authors
- Art & Culture
- Famous People & Places
- Static GK
- Current Affairs
Reasoning Ability CLAT Syllabus – 40 Questions
- Number Test
- Blood Relations
- Order & Ranking
- Time Sequence
- Direction & Distance
CLAT Exam Pattern 2019
The CLAT exam pattern for UG courses is given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||40||40|
You will get 2 hours in total to complete the paper. Furthermore, you will get a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong attempt. Practice with online CLAT mock test as per the latest pattern. You can keep practicing CLAT question papers in order to get a good grip on the questions and their pattern according to their appearance in the question paper of CLAT 2019. Also, refer to important CLAT preparation tips.
Books for CLAT Exam
English Language & Comprehension
This section tests your English language and communication skills. You are also tested on your understanding of passage themes, and vocabulary. You will also be asked to correct sentences, fill in the blanks, and more.
Recommended Books for English Preparation
- Objective General English by N. KHURMI and George
- A comprehensive study for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations – SET, AILET, LSAT by Padma Parupudi and Sirisha Naresh
In this section, you are tested on your general knowledge. You must also be having knowledge of current affairs – both national and international current affairs.
Recommended Books for General Knowledge Preparation
- Legal General Knowledge (CLAT) by R. K Gupta
This section will basically test your knowledge of school-level mathematics, till class 10th Standard.
Recommended Books for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
- M.K. Tyra for Maths Short Tricks
- Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Aggarwal
This section will test your knowledge in the study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability. Questions may be asked on Legal propositions and a set of facts to which the given proposition has to be applied. A few propositions may not be “true” in the real sense. You have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions, accordingly.
Recommended Books for Legal aptitude Preparation
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT- Workbook: A Workbook by A. P. Bhardwaj
- Legal Aptitude (CLAT) by R. K Gupta and Samiksha Gupta
This section tests your ability to identify patterns, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of questions on reasoning such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, and more.
Recommended Books for Logical Reasoning Preparation
- Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT, and other Law Entrance Exams by Jain Prateek
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for the CLAT and L.L.B. Entrance Examinations 3rd Edition (English, Paperback, Bhardwaj)
CLAT Previous Years Question Papers
It is advisable to practice previous year question papers once you are done studying all the important topics. Solving previous years papers help you improve your speed and time-management skills. Some questions are often repeated every other year – you will learn the repeated ones with this step.
We have prepared a list of 10 CLAT previous years’ question papers – from the year 2008 to 2017. Click here to download the question papers and start solving!
CLAT Preparation Tips
- You need to ace time-management skills to score more in CLAT.
- Go through the latest exam pattern and syllabus before you start studying.
- Collect quality study material. Do not compromise on books – always study from the best material available.
- Clear all the basic concepts and then, move on to solving problems.
- Take one Mock Test on a daily basis.
For detailed section-wise preparation tricks, please click here.
To download the syllabus PDF, scroll down and click on the download button.
Was our post on CLAT Syllabus 2019 helpful to you? Please do tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.
Share your thoughts/queries here!