CLAT Study Plan – Tips, Tricks and Strategies to crack CLAT 2019
- CLAT Study Plan
- CLAT English Preparation tips: CLAT Study Plan
- General Knowledge Preparation Tips: CLAT Study Plan
- Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics: CLAT Study Plan
- Preparation Tips for Legal Aptitude for CLAT 2019: CLAT Study Plan
- How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CLAT :CLAT Study Plan
CLAT Study Plan – Tips, Tricks and Strategies to crack CLAT 2019.
CLAT Study Plan
Common Law Admission Test is one of the most popular law entrance exams. It is conducted by one of the 18 National Law Universities on a rotational basis. It is a national level law common entrance exam for students seeking admission in integrated LLB and LLM programme. CLAT Scores are considered by several private law colleges and government colleges across the country. Candidates can get detailed information about CLAT 2019 when the official notification is released. CLAT 2019 is expected to be tentatively conducted on May 12, 2019.
Examination Paper Pattern for CLAT
The exam paper will comprise of questions from different categories. The paper-pattern for CLAT UG and PG courses is given below:
|Subject||No. of Qs||Marks|
|English Language Comprehension||40||40|
CLAT PG Entrance Exam Pattern:
|Section||Type of Questions||No. of Qs||Marks per Question|
|Constitutional Law||Long Essay Type Descriptive||2||25|
|Jurisprudence||Long Essay Type Descriptive||2||25|
|Other law subjects||Multiple Choice Questions||50||1|
CLAT English Preparation tips: CLAT Study Plan
- English Language only comes with practice, Read, Re-Read to improve vocabulary
- Be a voracious reader. Read everything you can lay your hands on.
- Strengthen your grammar. Good Grammar ensures a good score in English section
- Read Newspaper and Editorial columns to improve GK And English from any of the esteemed publications
- Practice cloze test as it has become important for CLAT
General Knowledge Preparation Tips: CLAT Study Plan
Remember, once you are a lawyer, you will require sound knowledge of whats happening in the country. Political and Economic developments will be of prime importance and will influence your legal profession. Remember that from an exam perspective, you need to be well versed with General knowledge, current affairs and static GK. Unlike Quantitative Aptitude,you can score well here. As a law aspirant if you are unsure of scoring well in maths, you can always make for the loss in subjects like GK, English and Legal Aptitude. Read more newspapers to brush up your general knowledge.
Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics: CLAT Study Plan
You need not be very good in Maths. Elementary and intermediate level mathematics is all you need to clear this exam. The primary focus of the CLAT exam will be English, Legal Aptitude and GK. However, if you need to get a good rank you need to brush up your mathematics to score well in this section or you will be left behind.
Preparation Tips for Legal Aptitude for CLAT 2019: CLAT Study Plan
Legal aptitude continues to be the most important section of CLAT. Important book references for this would be Constitution of India and Legal Penal Code. You can refer to books on subjects like “Most commonly used legal terms” and “legal glossary terms”. As a law aspirant you need to have sound knowledge of most commonly used legal terms. Be aware of important articles in the constitution, IPC, Legal Know how, important personalities in Law, Right to information, important articles, acts, bye laws from the CLAT perspective.
How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CLAT :CLAT Study Plan
- Classification: Easy to solve
- Arrange words in Logical Order: Good observation skills can help you.
- Syllogism: Read questions well to avoid mistakes as sometimes questions are tricky
- Verbal Analogies: A good Vocabulary will help you solve this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
- Analysis Judgment: It requires critical thinking and needs a lot time to solve. Questions include blood relation, Direction, Height and Sequence. Only good practice can help you to solve this quickly.
- Numerical Operations: Numerical Operations are easy if you are well versed with the formula.
- Coding-Decoding: Coding-Decoding are very tricky questions and need time to solve.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Pictorial Analogies, Symbol series, symbolic operations, numeric patterns, spatial relations, space visualizations, Spatial Reasoning, mirror image and space image are examples of questions. Preparation will be of great help.
- Matrix and puzzles: The sections tests your unusual and creative ways of solving problems. It is difficult and time consuming. Preparation will be of great help.
Books for Law Preparation
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Universal Guide to LLB Examination
- LSAT Sample Questions
- Pearson’s Concise GK Manual
- Monthly magazines on GK, Current Affair, Books and Novel
- LegalEdge Reference Material
- Lexis Nexis
- Manorama Year Book 2018
Stay tuned for more updates on CLAT Study Plan!
Share your thoughts/queries here!