CLAT Study Plan 2021 – Time Table For CLAT Preparation 2021
The Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance examination for admission into Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in various NLUs across India. As the exam is around the corner, here is the time table for CLAT preparation.
Time Table for CLAT Preparation 2021
Every year, the CLAT Exam is conducted by one of the 18 National Law Universities on a rotational basis. To score good marks in the exam, candidates need to follow the best time table for CLAT preparation.
- This year, the CLAT 2021 Exam is scheduled to be held in May 2021. Hence, candidates have to gear up their preparation.
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must be aware of the CLAT Syllabus and exam pattern.
- The ideal time table for CLAT preparation will let candidates finish the syllabus within time.
- In this post, candidates will get all the details regarding the CLAT study plan 2021. Go through the study plan and plan your preparation accordingly.
- Solving CLAT Previous Year Questions Papers will help candidates to know the difficulty level of the paper and the type of questions asked in the exam.
CLAT Exam pattern 2021
Let us have a look at the table below to know the detailed CLAT Exam Pattern of both UG and PG courses.
CLAT UG and PG Exam Pattern
The following table shows the question paper pattern for Under Graduate Examination of CLAT 2021.
|Mode of Exam||Offline||Offline|
|Medium of Question Paper||English (only)||English (only)|
|Type of Exam||Objective Type||Objective Type|
|Level of the Exam||after XII||after UG|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type||Subjective Type and Objective Type|
|Total Number of Questions||150||100|
|Marks Obtained for Correct Answer||+1||+1|
|Marks Deducted for Incorrect Answer||-0.25||-0.25|
|Sections in the exam||English Language, Quantitative Techniques, Logical Reasoning, Current Affairs (inc. General Knowledge) and Legal Reasoning||2 (Essay of 800 words each)|
|Topics Asked in Subjective Questions||–||Essay on Law and Contemporary Issues|
|Topics Asked in Objective||–||Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Family Law, Property Law, Company Law, Labour Law, Environmental Law etc|
Topic-wise Distribution of Marks for UG and PG Course
Here is the topic-wise distribution of marks of CLAT Exam 2021 for the UG and PG courses.
|UG Marking Scheme|
|General Knowledge and Current affairs||50|
|PG Marking Scheme|
|Multiple-choice questions||100 questions of one mark each|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.||60|
|Subjective questions||2 questions of 25 marks each|
|Two essays type questions on the topics of law and contemporary issues (800 words each)||(25+25) = 50 marks|
CLAT Study Plan 2021
Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus will help candidates to know what to study and what not to study from an exam point of view. To succeed in the exam, candidates need to allot 8-12 hours a day for the preparation of CLAT 2021. candidates should study each topic according to their weightage.
CLAT UG Study Plan – Time Table
Check the table below to know the timetable for preparing for clat exams in 30 days.
|Subjects||Time to be given|
|General Knowledge and Current affairs||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||1.5 hours|
|Legal Aptitude||2 hours|
|Logical Reasoning||2 hours|
|Mock test||2 per day|
CLAT PG Study Plan – Time Table
Here is the best time table for CLAT PG preparation. Go through the time table given below and plan your preparation accordingly for the exam.
|Subject/topics||Time to be given|
|Constitutional Law||At least 2- 3 hours|
|Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.||3 – 4 hours|
|Essays on the topics of law and contemporary issues||1 – 1.5 hours|
|Mock test||2 per day|
3 Week Time Table to Crack CLAT
As the exam is arriving, many students will be worried that how to plan the best time table for CLAT preparation. To help those candidates, we have provided a 3-week study plan here. Go through the plan and enhance your preparation for the exam.
CLAT Study Plan – Week 1
Let us have a look at the CLAT study plan for week 1 and start your preparation accordingly for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to read the Hindu newspaper daily till the end of the exam.
- Prepare for GK topics like art & literature, economics, environment, geography, history, science, UN, and international organization.
- Focus on legal aptitude topics such as constitutional law, criminal law, contract act, law of tort, and legal maxims during your preparation in the first week.
- You should go through the current affairs of the past 2 years that will help score more marks in this section.
CLAT Study Plan – Week 2
Go through the CLAT study plan for week 2 provided here to know how to boost your preparation for the upcoming exam.
- In this week, candidates need to practice leag aptitude questions based on topics like blood relations, direction problem, a logical puzzle, syllogism, clocks & calendar, closing and decoding, cause & effect, statement, assumptions & conclusions.
- Candidates should practice the verbal ability section as well in the second week of their preparation.
- Try to solve more questions on topics like reading comprehension, direct & indirect speech, fill in the blanks, active & passive voice, one-word substitutions, etc.
CLAT Study Plan – Week 3
Here is the CLAT study plan for week 3. Following this plan will help candidates to know how to revise all the topic with in the fixed time.
- Candidates need to start preparing for the quantitative section in week 3. Try to memorize all the important formulas.
- Solve as many previous year papers as possible. This will help increase your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Revise all the topics of GK and legal aptitude.
- Try to solve at least 2-3 mock tests in a day and to analyze the answers after completion of each mock test.
- Focus more on improving weak areas during the last week of your preparation.
CLAT Six Months Study Plan 2021
The Common Law Admission Test 2021 is tentatively scheduled in the month of May 2021 which is six months ahead from now. It is a great time, to begin with, your preparation. Here is the detailed study plan for 6 months designed by experts for clearing the CLAT easily.
1st Month: Know the subjects and begin preparation
- It is very important to be thorough with the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning with the preparation.
- List out the topics from each subject in which you are strong and weak separately.
- Begin with the preparation by allocating separate intervals for each subject.
- Ensure to study topics and concepts from GK and Legal Aptitude in the first month.
2nd Month: Study Maths, Verbal and Logical Reasoning
- Begin with studying topics from Maths, Verbal, and Reasoning one by one.
- Ensure to complete as many as topics you can without fail.
- Make a list of important terms from each topic so that it will be helpful in the revision period.
3rd Month: Study GK and Legal Aptitude Again
- If you have left out any topics from these subjects, then study them without fail.
- Also, on a weekly basis, try attempting question papers from these subjects.
- This way you can be confident in all topics and concepts under this subject.
4th Month: Study Maths, Verbal and Logical Reasoning
- Study the topics that you are left out with under these subjects.
- Also, solve question papers to know which type of questions can be asked in these subjects.
5th Month: Begin Revision and Solve Question Papers
- This month is entirely solving question papers and revising all the topics.
- Try not to read any new topic now. This can create confusion and forget things.
- Download free question papers and attempt them to analyze your preparation levels.
- Try to take up each question paper in the form of an exam environment.
6th Month: Practice Mock Tests
- Attempt one mock test each day and also revise topics simultaneously.
- This will help in analyzing your preparation levels.
- Try to improvise on topics in which you are weak.
How to Prepare for Comprehension Based Questions for CLAT 2021?
To help candidates, we have provided a CLAT study plan that helps them to know how to prepare for comprehension-based questions.
- First, the topic has to be categorized into three broad areas: concept, application, and time.
- Then, understand the concept behind the passage.
- Solve at least 40 – 50 questions from the previous year question papers. This will help candidates better understand how they are applying a concept to the particular question.
- Try to solve the question within the specified time.
- Read the passage twice and move on to the question and read the question carefully.
- Candidates are advised to read all the options carefully and decide the appropriate answer while answering the questions.
- Practice comprehension questions from previous year papers regularly and analyze the questions after the completion of each paper.
- After analyzing the questions. know where you go wrong and how to improve in those areas.
CLAT Study Plan 2021
Following the CLAT Preparation Tips will help candidates to better plan their preparation and score the highest marks in the exam. Go through the subject-wise preparation tips from the post below.
English Preparation Tips
- The English Language only comes with practice, Read, Re-Read to improve vocabulary
- Be a voracious reader. Read everything you can lay your hands on.
- Strengthen your grammar. Good Grammar ensures a good score in the English section
- Read Newspaper and Editorial columns to improve GK And English from any of the esteemed publications
- Practice the cloze test as it has become important for CLAT
General Knowledge Preparation Tips
Remember, once you are a lawyer, you will require a sound knowledge of what’s happening in the country. Political and Economic developments will be of prime importance and will influence your legal profession. Remember that from an exam perspective, you need to be well versed with General knowledge, current affairs, and static GK. Unlike Quantitative Aptitude, you can score well here. As a law aspirant, if you are unsure of scoring well in maths, you can always make for the loss in subjects like GK, English, and Legal Aptitude. Read more newspapers to brush up your general knowledge.
Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics
You need not be very good at Maths. Elementary and intermediate level mathematics is all you need to clear this exam. The primary focus of the CLAT exam will be English, Legal Aptitude, and GK. However, if you need to get a good rank you need to brush up your mathematics to score well in this section or you will be left behind.
Preparation Tips for Legal Aptitude for CLAT 2021
Legal aptitude continues to be the most important section of CLAT. Important book references for this would be the Constitution of India and Legal Penal Code. You can refer to books on subjects like “Most commonly used legal terms” and “legal glossary terms”. As a law aspirant, you need to have sound knowledge of the most commonly used legal terms. Be aware of important articles in the constitution, IPC, Legal Know-how, important personalities in Law, Right to information, important articles, acts, bye-laws from the CLAT perspective.
How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CLAT
- Classification: Easy to solve
- Arrange words in Logical Order: Good observation skills can help you.
- Syllogism: Read questions well to avoid mistakes as sometimes questions are tricky
- Verbal Analogies: A good Vocabulary will help you solve this section. Try to find the relationship between the two words in the right context.
- Analysis Judgment: It requires critical thinking and needs a lot of time to solve. Questions include blood relation, Direction, Height, and Sequence. Only good practice can help you to solve this quickly.
- Numerical Operations: Numerical Operations are easy if you are well versed with the formula.
- Coding-Decoding: Coding-Decoding is a very tricky question and needs time to solve.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Pictorial Analogies, Symbol series, symbolic operations, numeric patterns, spatial relations, space visualizations, Spatial Reasoning, mirror image, and space image are examples of questions. Preparation will be of great help.
- Matrix and puzzles: The sections test your unusual and creative ways of solving problems. It is difficult and time-consuming. Preparation will be of great help.
CLAT Toppers Study Plan
Here, we have provided the time table of CLAT Toppers. Following this time table will help candidates to crack the CLAT 2021 exam easily.
- Read the newspaper regularly till the end of the exam
- Try to attempt at least one CLAT Mock Test every 4-5 days.
- After the completion of each mock test, spend at least 2- 3 hours to analyze the performance of each mock test.
- At the end of the day, revise all the topics you prepared for that particular day.
- Try to solve questions from analytical reasoning, legal reasoning, and grammar questions from other law entrance exams such as LSAT, AILET, SLAT, etc.
- Focus on the most important topics of the year to score good marks in the current affairs section.
- Allot 1.5 to 2 hours of time daily for preparing the quantitative aptitude section. Note down all the important formulas in a notebook.
- Solve 10-15 critical reasoning questions and 5 reading comprehension passages daily.
- Refer to the best CLAT Books that cover all the topics as per the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
- Follow yearly magazine to prepare the current affairs section.
CLAT Study Plan FAQs
Q. Can I clear CLAT without coaching?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to crack CLAT without coaching if prepared well with a proper study plan and following expert suggestions. Our experts have curated detailed tips and tricks on How to Prepare for CLAT without coaching which will help all aspirants in their preparation.
Q. How much time does it take to prepare for CLAT 2021?
Ans: It completely depends on candidates and their understanding of topics. There are few candidates who are good at understanding and grasping concepts quickly while some are too slow. On average, if starting to prepare from basics it will take a minimum of 10 months.
Q. Which are the highly recommended books for CLAT Exam Preparation?
Ans: There are many books available for CLAT preparation, however experts have suggested few books which are majorly preferred by candidates. Candidates can also download the CLAT Books for better preparation.
Q. Is it easy to follow the study plan provided in this post?
Ans: Yes, our experts have designed the study plans which are not hectic and confusing. Each candidate appearing for CLAT 2021 can go through the plan the prepare accordingly to crack the exam with a high score.
Share your thoughts/queries here!