CLAT Exam Day Instructions & Dress Code 2020
Aspirants appearing for the CLAT 2020 must follow certain rules and regulations prescribed by the exam conducting authority. This article takes you through the latest CLAT Exam Day Instructions released by the Consortium. Any violation of these regulations can lead to debarment.
Latest: As per the recent announcement, the examination is scheduled on 28th September 2020 in online mode from 2 PM to 4 PM.
CLAT Exam Day Instructions 2020
This year, the CLAT Exam will be conducted in online mode. Students must ensure they are following the complete dress code before they appear in the exam. The CLAT Shift Timing is 2 PM to 4 PM on 28th September 2020.
Latest CLAT Exam Instructions
Notice Regarding Date of Birth
- It has come to consortium observation that candidates have entered the wrong date of birth. Hence, any candidate who has entered an incorrect date of birth must correct it by midnight of 26th September 2020. Check Notice
Revised Exam Day Instructions Released
- Consortium has released Revised instructions for CLAT 2020 Exam. Candidates must reach the exam centre 1 hour before the exam. No one shall be allowed after 15 minutes of commencement of exam. Check Revised CLAT Exam Day Instructions
Notice for Chattisgarh Students
- As there is lockdown announced in Chattisgarh, Consortium is working with the state government to allow candidates to travel to the test centres by using their admit card as pass. Check Notice
Notice For Carrying Calculators
- Calculators cannot be carried to the exam hall. In mock tests, the calculator was displayed on the screen. Check Notice
Notice for unwell Students
- Candidates who have been tested positive and are under medical surveillance or in isolation will not be permitted to take the CLAT 2020 examination. Check Notice
Instructions for PwD Candidates
- All PwD candidates must carry their Disability Certificate along with them to the Test Centre. Check Notice
Notice for Candidates using Scribe
- All candidates using scribe must arrange for scribe at their own cost and inform the regional coordinator by 25th September 2020.
- The qualification of the scribe must be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking up the exam. The details of the person opting for their own scribe must submit their details as per the performa at APPENDIX II. Check Notice for Scribe
New CLAT Exam Day Instructions 2020
Here is the list of CLAT Exam Day Guidelines to be followed by all candidates compulsorily. Due to the current situation, the Consortium of National Law Universities has released a new set of rules. Go through them and ensure to follow the guidelines without fail.
- The CLAT Admit Card is the most important document to be carried to the exam hall. Without the hall ticket, they will not be permitted in the exam centre.
- The CLAT 2020 will implement a “Social Distanced Computer-Based Testing” model which will enable a rapid restart of assessments with due compliance to social distancing norms and other key precautions to be taken to ensure safety.
- Candidates having tested positive are not allowed to take up the exam.
- Candidates will be thermo screened by staff members at the exam center gate.
- Spray machines with disinfectant liquid will be used to sanitize examination centers thoroughly.
- Sufficient hand sanitizer and hand soap will be present across the test centers and washrooms.
- PPE kits will be made available for staff in isolation labs. 3 ply masks and gloves will be provided to isolated candidates.
- Candidates using a scribe must carry their own N95 masks.
- The female aspirants are advised to not wear any kind of jewellery such as earrings, bangles, bracelets, anklets, necklaces, etc.
- The male candidates are also advised not to wear any kind of expensive watches in the CLAT Exam Center
- Only major items that include Mask, Gloves, Personal Transparent water Bottle, Personal Hand Sanitizer (50 ml), Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc) will be allowed to carry to the exam hall.
CLAT 2020 Dress Code
The students must follow the dress code carefully. Anyone not following the dress code will be debarred right away! Check out the CLAT Last Minute Preparation Tips and boost your preparation for the highly competitive law exam.
- The students must carry light clothes so that there is no possibility of hiding any sort of cheating material
- The aspirants must wear half sleeves shirt or t-shirt that should not have a big button or any badge because that can be used for hiding purposes
- Students are advised to wear the Slipper or Sandals and avoid the Shoes which are not permitted in the hall
- Candidates are suggested not to carry the items which are not permitted in the Examination Center as there is no Safe Keeping Place
- The female aspirants should not carry any kind of rings, nose pins, chains, badges, etc. because it can lead to debarment
Allowed & Not-Allowed Items
In an attempt of preventing any kind of mishap in the exam hall, the officials have fixed a list stating the guidelines for the candidates. There are certain items which are allowed as well as not allowed in the exam center. The candidates can check the table below:
|Slippers and Sandals only||SHOES|
|Half T-Shirt, Shirt||Burka, Cap, Kurta Pajama|
|Lowers||Saree (Married or Unmarried)|
|Trousers/Jeans||Full Sleeves Shirt or T-Shirts|
|Salwar||Big buttons, brooch/badge T-Shirts|
|Doctor Prescribed lens specs only||Rings/ Chain/ Necklace etc. (any jewelry or ornaments)|
|Tiny Rubber Band||Bangles not allowed (only married can wear)|
|Mangal Sutra||Hair Clips/ Big Rubber Bands etc.|
In Case of Misconduct
It is suggested to all the individuals who are going to appear in the CLAT 2020 that they must not create any sort of nuisance in the exam center. In a case where someone is found misbehaving in the center in any realm, they will have to face negative results. The candidates who will be found guilty of the following will not be entertained at all:
- Making use of any debarred items in the hall
- Trying to impersonate or mimic someone
- Misbehaving during the interview or at the time of the exam
- Using the candidature in the wrong means in any way
The negative results that will be faced are as follows:
- The aspirants can be disqualified from the exam on the spot
- Candidates can be debarred on a temporary or permanent basis from the procedure of recruitment
- If any guideline is not taken into consideration at the time of the selection process but after the selection process, the disqualification will still be practiced for that student
Banned Items in CLAT Exam Hall
The candidates must follow and not carry any items which are mentioned below:
- Food items are not permitted
- Any sort of metallic items
- Any electronic devices like Cell Phones, Bluetooth, Headphones, Headsets, Camera, Pager, Microphones, Health Band, etc
- Items like Goggles, Handbags, Caps, Wallets, Belt, etc
- Stationery Items such as textual material, Pencil Box, Calculator, Geometry, Pen/Pencil, Plastic Pouch, Writing Pad, Scanner, Eraser, Scale, Pen Drive, Log Table, bits of papers, Electronic Pen, etc.
If any candidate is found in possession of the items mentioned above in the exam hall, the officials will consider it offensive and use unfair means and they will take action against the student.
CLAT 2020 Exam Instructions FAQs
Q. Is Calculator allowed in CLAT Exam?
Ans: No, Calculator is not allowed in the CLAT Exam 2020. Also, no there electronic gadgets are allowed in the exam hall. Candidates must ensure to follow the complete CLAT Exam Day Instructions without violating.
Q. What are the ID proofs required on the day of the CLAT Exam?
Ans: Candidates must carry one Photo ID proof for verification like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, PAN card, etc.
Q. Will there be any thermal screening at the CLAT Exam Center?
Ans: Yes, Candidates will be thermally screened at the exam center dates. Any candidate found having a temperature above 99.14 F will be sent to the isolation lab for taking up the exam.
Q. Can I carry my personal hand sanitizer to the CLAT Exam?
Ans: Yes, you can carry your own personal hand sanitizer of 50 ml to the exam hall.
Q. Is it safe to take up the exam in the currents situation?
Ans: If everyone follows the CLAT Exam Day Guidelines then it is safe to take up the exam. Ensure to follow all the guidelines for the CLAT Exam provided by the authorities for safe conduction of the exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!