CLAT Exam Centers List 2021
CLAT 2021 Exam Centers: The official list of CLAT Exam Centers is released by the Consortium of National Law Universities. With the increasing participation for the law entrance examination each year, exam centers are expected to double up this term.
- Students are advised to carry their admit cards to the exam hall else they will not be allowed to take up the exam.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the hall ticket at CLAT Exam Center
- Candidates were allowed to choose at least 3 exam centers while filling the applications for CLAT Exam 2021.
- The preferences must be added in decreasing order. Based on the availability the exam cities will be assigned.
CLAT 2021 Exam Centers List
Candidates shall mention the exam centers in the decreasing order of preference. The venue for the exam center will be assigned as per the availability. Once the venue is allocated, there will be no option to change the center at later stages. In this post, we will discuss CLAT Test Cities including important instructions for the exam. Managing time during the exam is very important, the expert-designed CLAT Time Management Tips will be of great help.
CLAT 2021 Exam Centers List (State Wise)
Considering the syllabus, candidates can follow the CLAT Last Minute Preparation Tips in order to make the best use of the last few days left for the exam. For the upcoming CLAT examination, we have listed the complete CLAT 2021 Exam Centers introduced for this term;
|Exam Centre States||CLAT 2021 Exam Centers List|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Vijayawada|
|Haryana||Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kangra, Shimla|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Thane, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Barabanki, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Siliguri|
NOTE: As per previous year analysis, it is expected that the CLAT Exam Center in Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Indore will increase due to increasing participation levels from these cities.
Documents You Must Bring to the CLAT Exam Center
You must carry a valid ID proof plus its photocopies along with the CLAT Admit Card to your exam center. Else, you won’t be allowed to sit for the exam. Following is the list of documents you can bring as ID proof:
- PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Voter’s ID Card
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
- Moreover, Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with a photograph
- Also, Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with a photograph
- Valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/University
- Aadhar card with a photograph/Employee ID/Bar Council Identity Card
Candidates using Scribe in CLAT 2020
Candidates applying under Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category will be provided 40 minutes extra to complete the exam. This particular category will include blindness, low vision, locomotor disability, mental retardation, hearing impairment, etc. Applicants are also required to provide a certificate of disability, issued by a competent authority. This facility of scribe will also be available for PwD candidates. Candidates who require a scribe during the exam should clearly indicate the same during online registration. Candidates are also needed to upload the photocopies of the relevant documents (attested by Gazetted officer). Below is the list of required documents;
- Certificate of Disability from the appropriate authority.
- A statement indicating whether scribe will be brought by the candidate or required to be provided by the CLAT authorities.
- In case the scribe is arranged by the candidate, the candidate needs to provide a declaration stating he/she would comply with all the rules & regulations and would not indulge in any unfair activity such as; helping out the candidate in answering questions. They can only read the questions and mark / click the correct answers.
Instructions for CLAT Exam Centers
All the candidates are advised to follow the instructions mentioned below at their respective exam centers; Below, we have mentioned various Do’s & Don’ts at CLAT 2021 Exam Centers throughout the nation.
- Carry all the required documents along with the official CLAT Hall Ticket.
- Candidates are required to reach the exam center at least an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Any rough work can only be done on the space available on the exam booklet.
- Handle the OMR sheet carefully in order to avoid any damage
- All the candidates need to make sure that they are not carrying any unrequired things like paper chits or electronic devices to the test center.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam center after 30 minutes from the commencement of the exam.
- One should not carry any electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, digital watches, etc.
CLAT Participating Institutes
There are 19 NLUs participating in CLAT for the academic session of 2020. CLAT scores are also accepted by some of the top private universities in India. In the table below, we have mentioned a list of National Law universities;
List of National Law Universities
National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
CLAT Exam Centers FAQs
Q) Can I show the admit card on my mobile at the CLAT exam centers?
No. You should show a soft copy of the admit card at the CLAT exam center. However, candidates are not allowed to carry their mobile phones inside the exam center.
Q) Do I have to submit my admit card at the CLAT Exam Center?
No. The admit card is required only for candidate verification during the exam. Invigilators will return the CLAT 2020 Admit card after the completion of verification.
Q) I am unable to download my Admit Card for CLAT 2021. What should I do?
There are various reasons for not able to download the admit card that include
- Entering wrong login credentials
- Not submitting the CLAT Application Form correctly
- Slow Internet Speed
Q) How many exam centers are allotted for CLAT Exam 2021?
As per the notification, the CLAT Exam 2020 is conducted across 40 exam centers this year by the Law Consortium.
Q) Should I carry a colored printout of the CLAT Admit Card to the exam center?
No, candidates can carry the black and white printouts of the CLAT Admit Card to the exam center. There is no need for carrying any colored copy of the admit card.
Share your thoughts/queries here!