CLAT Exam Centers 2020
The official list of CLAT Exam Centers will be released once the notification will be out. With the increasing participation for the law entrance examination each year, exam centers are expected to double up this term.
- The CLAT Exam is expected to be conducted in May 2020
- Students are advised to carry their admit card in the exam hall. Without it, the candidates are not allowed inside the hall
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo ID proof along with the hall ticket at CLAT Exam Center
- The students can start filling the CLAT Registration Form from December 2019
- The law entrance will also be conducted in other centers/cities depending upon the number of candidates. Any decision in this respect would be taken up by the CLAT convenor and executive committee.
- While filling the application form, at most three centers can be selected while filling online form for CLAT 2019.
- Considering the syllabus, candidates must follow the Best CLAT Preparation Tips in order to complete all the sections in the question paper
CLAT Exam Centers 2020
Candidates shall mention the exam centers in the decreasing order of preference. Venue for the exam center will be assigned as per the availability.
Once the venue is allocated, there will be no option to change the center at later stages. In this post, we will discuss CLAT Exam Centers including important instructions for the exam.
CLAT Exam Centers in India
For the upcoming CLAT examination, we have listed the complete CLAT Exam Centers introduced for this term;
|Exam Centre States||Exam Centre Cities|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Vijayawada|
|Haryana||Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kangra, Shimla|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Thane, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Barabanki, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Siliguri|
NOTE: As per previous year analysis, it is expected that the CLAT Exam Center in Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Indore will increase due to increasing participation level from these cities.
Map Representation – CLAT Exam Centers 2020
Below, we have mentioned the MAP representation for CLAT 2020 Exam Centers;
Documents You Must Bring to the CLAT Exam Centers 2020
You must carry a valid ID proof plus its photocopies along with the CLAT Admit Card to your exam center. Else, you won’t be allowed to sit for the exam. Following is the list of documents you can bring as ID proof:
- PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Voter’s ID Card
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
- Moreover, Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with a photograph
- Also, Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with a photograph
- Valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/University
- Aadhar card with a photograph/Employee ID/Bar Council Identity Card
Check Exam Application Form
Candidates using Scribe in CLAT 2020
Candidates applying under Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category will be provided 40 minutes extra to complete the exam. This particular category will include blindness, low vision, locomotor disability, mental retardation, hearing impairment, etc. Applicants are also required to provide a certificate of disability, issued by a competent authority.
This facility of scribe will also be available for PwD candidates. Candidates who require scribe during the exam should clearly indicate the same during online registration. Candidates are also needed to upload the photocopies of the relevant documents (attested by Gazetted officer). Below is the list of required documents;
- Certificate of Disability from the appropriate authority.
- A statement indicating whether scribe will be brought by the candidate or required to be provided by the CLAT authorities.
- In case the scribe is arranged by the candidate, the candidate needs to provide a declaration stating he/she would comply with all the rules & regulations and would not indulge in any unfair activity such as; helping out the candidate in answering questions. They can only read the questions and mark / click the correct answers.
Instructions for CLAT Exam Centers 2020
All the candidates are advised to follow the instructions mentioned below at their respective exam centers;
Below, we have mentioned various Do’s & Don’ts at CLAT Exam Centers throughout the nation;
- Carry all the required documents along with the official CLAT Hall Ticket.
- Candidates are required to reach the exam center at least an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Any rough work can only be done on the space available on the exam booklet.
- Handle the OMR sheet carefully in order to avoid any damage.
Practicing Mock Test Series is the best way to fuel up the Preparation for CLAT
- All the candidates need to make sure that they are not carrying any unrequired things like paper chits or electronic devices to the test center.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam center after 30 minutes from the commencement of the exam.
- One should not carry any electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, digital watches, etc.
CLAT Participating Institutes
There are 19 NLUs participating in CLAT for the academic session of 2020. CLAT scores are also accepted by some of the top private universities in India.
In the table below, we have mentioned a list of National Law universities;
List of National Law Universities
National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
Share your thoughts/queries here!