CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- CLAT Eligibility 2020 for UG Course (LL.B.)
- CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 for PG Course (LL.M.)
- CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 for NRI
- Important Points to Remember in CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The students who are planning to take the CLAT Exam this year must check out this article. Students must check their CLAT Eligibility Criteria before they register themselves on the site. Any candidate not fulfilling the eligibility conditions of the CLAT will be debarred from the procedure of recruitment without any further notice or intimation.
- As per the CLAT Notification, candidates aged below 20 years can apply for the entrance exam.
- If you are one among the law aspirant and waiting to apply for CLAT, then it is important to be aware of the eligibility criteria for the exam.
- Candidates must remember that they satisfy the eligibility criteria and then continue with filling their CLAT Application Form 2020.
- In this post, candidates can find complete details about the required CLAT eligibility criteria in terms of age, education, nationality, and more.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The law entrance examination is being held annually for both Undergraduate as well as the Postgraduate courses. Read the following to know more about the CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- This year, there are certain changes in the examination. Candidates are suggested to have a look at the major Changes Introduced in CLAT 2020.
- The intermediate graduate students who have attained a minimum of 45% marks can register online for this exam.
- CLAT or the Common Law Admission Test is an entrance test for those students who want to pursue a 3-year LLB or 5-year LLB & LLM
- After successful completion of the application process, go through the CLAT Exam Pattern to know what is the marking scheme and pattern of the question paper.
- There is no introduction of upper age limit for the students who want to apply for the UG Program
- Nationality of the candidate applying for CLAT also varies
- The age-relaxation is applicable depending on one category to another for different courses
The candidates’ eligibility will be measured in terms of three major factors which are listed as follows:
- Age of the candidate
- Education Qualification
CLAT Eligibility 2020 for UG Course (LL.B.)
Both National, as well as NRI candidates, are being proffered the CLAT admissions in the Five Year Integrated LLB Course which is offered in different National Law Universities (NLUs) all over India. Gear up your preparation for CLAT by studying all the important topics as per the latest CLAT Syllabus 2020. The standards for the same are mentioned below:
CLAT Age Limit Eligibility Criteria 2020
According to the updated terms and conditions by the authorities of CLAT, there is a rule of no upper age limit for the candidates applying for the UG Program
Previously, the age criteria for the exam were as follows:
- Unreserved/ NRIs/ NRI Sponsored category aspirants who are below the age of 20 years
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category aspirants below the age of 22 years
CLAT Academic Qualification 2020
Candidates in their 12th standard or equivalent exam must (compulsorily) have obtained the following marks:
- For candidates who belong to the Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories – they must have acquired a minimum of 45% marks (mandatory)
- For the aspirants who belong to the SC/ST Category – it is mandatory for all of them to have achieved a minimum of 40% marks
CLAT General Eligibility Criteria 2020
- The students who are going to appear in the qualifying exam are eligible to apply for the CLAT Exam. The students shall, on priority, submit proof which displays that they have successfully cleared the qualifying paper during the admission. The students who fail to display en evidence will not get any rights to be taken into consideration for the admission
- The aspirants must submit the result of the qualifying paper (10+2) during the time of the admission for CLAT
In a situation of equal marks (a situation of a tie), the process for tie-breaking is mentioned as follows:
- The aspirant who has more marks in the Legal Aptitude section of CLAT will be considered
- The student who is elder will be considered
- If nothing works then a computerized draw of lots will be practiced
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 for PG Course (LL.M.)
Both national, as well as NRI candidates, are being offered one year LLM Course by CLAT at several NLUs as well as other universities/institutions that accept CLAT Marks.
CLAT Age Limit Eligibility Criteria 2020
- There is no concept followed on the upper age limit fixation for the students who want to appear in the examination
- However, students of all the ages are welcome and considered eligible to appear for the law entrance exam
CLAT Eligibility – Academics Qualification
Law aspirants who want to appear for the CLAT LLM Program must have obtained at least percentage in qualifying paper (i.e. LL.B./ 5-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/another equal level of the exam). The marks required shall differ according to the category of the candidate
- For the students who belong to the Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories: at least 55% marks are mandatory for them
- For those candidates who belong to the SC/ ST category – at least 50% marks are compulsory
- Students must have cleared or have written the papers of the final semester or final year exam of the qualifying paper on the date of admission
- Candidates shall submit the final result of the qualifying paper withing the time period by the respective Institution/University. Until then, the students will be provided a provisional admission
CLAT General Criteria Criteria 2020
If there is a case of a tie, the following processes as solutions will be practiced by the CLAT authorities:
- The candidate who is elder in age will be preferred to be given the admission
- If it does not work, then the computerized draw of lots will be considered
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 for NRI
The candidates who are NRIs or are NRI sponsored will be provided seats for NRI Quota. The admissions will not be carried out by the CLAT office, but by the participating universities alone based on the merit list of CLAT.
Important Points to Remember in CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The students shall contact the university which is concerned, directly for the inquiry of admission formalities, conditions of eligibility, the required documents and other related questions in order to seek admission for the NRI/NRI sponsored category
WBNUJS, Kolkata (West Bengal) holds different conditions in order to give admissions, which are mentioned as follows:
- A total of 17 seats are there for the aspirants who wish for admissions in the UG Programs. On the other hand, there will be no seat for the students seeking admissions for the PG Program
- CLAT Office will hold the duty of issuing the list of candidates who are eligible for the admission under this category
The required documents by the NRI Aspirants at the time of CLAT Admission are mentioned as follows:
- Candidate’s copy of Valid Indian Passport
- Copy of Visas acquired in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy that must state that the individual is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card
The required documents by NRI Sponsored Aspirants during the time of admission are written as follows:
- Sponsor’s copy of Valid Indian Passport
- Sponsor’s copy of Visas acquired during the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy that must state that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor which must have an indication of the interest displayed in the education affairs of the candidate and willingness to fund the education of student over the next 5 years
Share your thoughts/queries here!