CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The consortium of NLUs publishes the CLAT Eligibility Criteria in the official notification. The authority has published the age limit, qualification, and other details related to exam eligibility both in the notice and on their official website.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The minimum qualification required to apply for the exam is 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- As per the eligibility criteria of CLAT, you must be a citizen of India and your age should be above 17 years to fill the online form.
- If you fail to meet eligibility criteria, you will be debarred from the procedure of recruitment without any further notice or intimation.
- You must make sure to satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling the CLAT Application Form 2021.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 – LLB
You should meet the below mentioned 3-year Eligibility to get admission in undergraduate (UG ) level law courses. Your eligibility will be measured considering three major factors as mentioned below:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
If you are Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals then you are eligible to apply for CLAT 2021.
CLAT Age Limit
As per the updated guidelines, there will be no upper age limit for UG Programme. However, the minimum age limit should be above 17 years.
CLAT Educational Qualification
- If you belong to the General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories, then it is mandatory to have secured 45% marks in Senior Secondary School Examination/ 12th Board Examination.
- For students belonging to SC/ST categories, it is important to have secured 40% marks in the 12th
CLAT Eligibility: General Criteria
All those who are appearing in the 12th Standard examination in March/April 2021 are also eligible to fill the application form for CLAT 2021 Exam. However, they should submit the result of the 12th standard examination at the time of admission.
If you fail to submit the result at the time of admission, you will lose your chance of admission to the desired law school.
If there is a case of equal marks, the following tie-breaking procedure will be practiced by the exam conducting body:
- An applicant with higher marks in Legal Aptitude will be preferred
- If the tie still exists, then applicant of higher age will be preferred
- If the tier continues to exist, then a computerized draw is done to decide the rank.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for Five-Year Integrated LLB or LLM Courses
If you are planning to apply for CLAT Exam 2021, then you can go through the below eligibility criteria for five-year integrated LLB or LLM courses.
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for CLAT Exam 2021.
No upper age limit is set for the CLAT 2021 Exam, which means students belonging to any age group can apply for five-year integrated LLB or LLM courses. But the minimum age limit to apply for the exam is above 20 years.
If you are belonging to the General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories then a score of 50% marks in LLB degree or an equivalent examination is necessary. A relaxation of 5% is given if you belong to SC/ST category.
CLAT Requirements for General Criteria
Candidates appearing for the final year examination of their qualifying degree in the month of April/May 2021 are also eligible to apply for five-year integrated LLB or LLM courses. In case of equal marks, the following tie-breaking procedure will be followed by the authorities.
- Higher age
- Computerized draw of lots
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for NRI
The admissions for NRI/NRI sponsored category candidates are carried out on the basis of their CLAT merit and the seats will be allocated by the concerned university under NRI Quota.
- Candidates should contact the concerned university directly for admission formalities, eligibility, documents required, and other related queries for seeking admission under NRI Quota.
WBNUJS, Kolkata (West Bengal) holds different conditions in order to give admissions, which are mentioned as follows:
- A total of 17 seats are there for the aspirants who wish for admissions in the UG Programs. On the other hand, there will be no seat for the students seeking admissions for the PG Program.
- CLAT Office will hold the duty of issuing the list of candidates who are eligible for admission under this category.
Documents Required for NRI Candidates at the time of CLAT Admission
Candidates belonging to the NRI category need to submit the below-mentioned documents at the time of admission.
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Visas acquired in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card
Documents required for NRI Sponsored Candidates at the time of Admission
- Sponsor’s copy of Valid Indian Passport.
- Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of students over the next 5 years.
CLAT Number of Attempts
Since there is no upper limit foundation for either UG or PG courses, there is no fixed number of attempts for either of these courses.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Q) Can I give CLAT exam after the 12th?
A) Yes, you can apply for the CLAT entrance exam after 12th as it for 5 years unified law course which is BA LLB undergraduate course. As the exam will get conducted once a year, so the candidates have only one year to be a part of the UG course of LLB.
Q) How many seats are there in CLAT for general?
A) For admission through CLAT in unified courses of LAW, it is expected that there will be a total of 2300 seats for undergraduate programs and 507 seats for a postgraduate program in 2021.
Q) Can a commerce background student appear for the CLAT Exam?
A) Yes. As per the CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria, students from all academic backgrounds such as science, commerce, humanities are eligible to apply for the exam.
Q) What is the required qualification for appearing in CLAT LLM Course?
A) Candidates must have completed their graduation degree in law for appearing in CLAT LLM Course.
Q) What is the required percentage to appear for the CLAT 2021 exam?
To be eligible for the Common Law Admission Test, the students must have obtained:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks in Qualifying Exam (Class XII examination) for the candidates who belong to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories.
- Forty Percent (40%) marks for the candidates of SC/ST categories.
Share your thoughts/queries here!