CLAT Counselling 2019 | Know Complete Counselling Process
CLAT Counselling 2019 is about to commence. The CLAT Result Declaration will be followed by the Counselling Process. All selected candidates will receive a call letter to attend the CLAT counselling session.
CLAT COUNSELING 2019
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack will conduct CLAT 2019 counseling by the second week of June 2019. They will conduct the admission procedure to the UG/PG program at the participating universities via CLAT Centralized Online Counseling.
This procedure will begin after the declaration of CLAT RESULT 2019. Candidates will be required to attend the counseling of CLAT 2019 in online mode. Candidates whose name will feature in the merit list of CLAT 2019, will be issued call letters to attend the CLAT Counseling 2019 as a medium to seek admissions into 20 NLUs participating in the CLAT.
The first provisional list of CLAT Seat Allotment had begun from June 14, 2019. There will be no. of processes included in the CLAT 2019:
- Online registration,
- Making a choice of NLU,
- Allotment of seats in NLUs,
- Payment of CLAT Counseling fees &
- Upgrading of seats and then reporting to the allotted NLUs.
As per previous year trends, there will be a minimum of 3 rounds of counseling. Candidates have to deposit INR 50,000 for securing allotted seat during the admission procedure. It is advised to all the candidates to read and understand the counseling procedure to avoid confusion while attending the CLAT 2019 Counseling. Do check the CLAT Cut Off to know about your chances of making it through.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CLAT COUNSELING
|Conducting Authority||CLAT Office|
|Mode Of Counseling||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||CLAT Rank and order of preference in CLAT Form|
|Total Participating Colleges||19 NLUs & 45+ Private colleges|
|Total Seats||3000 approx. (NLUs)|
CLAT COUNSELING DATES 2019
TABLE BELOW SHOWS THE TENTATIVE DATES OF THE EVENT FOR CLAT COUNSELING 2019:-
|EVENTS||SCHEDULE DATES (TENTATIVE)|
|Declaration of Results and Issue of Merit List||31ST MAY 2019|
|Publication of 1st Allotment List||10TH JUNE 2019|
|Date for payment of counseling fee of INR 50,000||10TH JUNE – 14TH JUNE 2019|
|Publication of 2nd Allotment List After Payment Of Counseling fees||16th JUNE 2019|
|Date for payment of counseling fee (for the candidates appearing for the 1st time in 2nd provisional allotment list)||17TH JUNE – 19TH JUNE 2019|
|Last Date Of Withdrawal From The Admissions Process||19th JUNE 2019|
|Publication of the 3rd allotment list||24TH JUNE 2019|
|Payment Of Full Fees||28th JUNE – 30TH JUNE 2019|
|Date for completing formalities at allotted NLU||28th JUNE – 30TH JUNE 2019|
|Date For Receiving Status Of Admissions From The Participating NLU||4th JULY 2019|
|Date of closure of admission process by the CLAT 2019 Office||6TH JULY 2019|
|NOTE: – There shall be no refund of counseling fees after the last day of withdrawal from admission process i.e., JUNE 19 , 2019. The counseling fees of those candidates who withdraw up to 19th JUNE 2019, will be refunded after deducting Rs. 10000/-|
CLAT COUNSELING 2019 – DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Candidates who have been shortlisted and their names are in the merit list should carry these documents at the time of CLAT Counseling 2019:
- CLAT 2019 Application Form
- CLAT 2019 Admit Card
- CLAT Score Card
- Date of Birth Proof Required (Class 10th Mark sheet)
- Class 12th Mark sheet required for Academic Qualification /Eligibility Criteria.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Specially – Able Certificate (if applicable)
- NRI Certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Call letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs.
CLAT COUNSELING PROCEDURE
The CLAT counselling procedure of is done via online centralized system.
It is conducted separately for UG programs. The entire process will be done as per CLAT Calendar created by the conducting authorities.
The Step-wise Procedure For Final Admissions To The 19 NLUs Is As Follows:-
STEP 1:- Publication of 1st Symptomatic List
- The merit list to shortlist candidates for final admissions will be released on the official website of CLAT 2019.
- The list will be prepared on the merit- cum-preferences basis.
STEP 2:- Counseling Fees Payment, Lock, Upgrade & Withdrawal of Seats
- In counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of candidates from various categories against an actual number of seats available with participating NLUs.
- Selected Candidates have to deposit counseling fees of Rs. 50000/- after the release of 1st CLAT counseling list 2019.
- Adjustable fees deposited with CLAT office by the candidates will be transferred to the NLU in which the candidate has taken admission after completion of the admission process.
- If in any case candidate fails to deposit the fees in the given span of time, they will lose their right to consideration for admission under CLAT. And their names will also be dropped from the merit list.
- After depositing The Payment fees candidates have to do exercise one of the options i.e.,
- LOCK SEATS
- UPGRADE SEATS
- WITHDRAWAL OF SEATS
In this options, candidates are given an opportunity to lock the seat they have been offered confirming the seat and debarring to shift their choice to any other NLU in the current counselling round. This is an option which is activated every counselling round after the publication of symptomatic seat allotment list.
- UPGRADE:- This is an option which is made open to the candidates in the second round of counselling. Also, this option is applicable to only those candidates who have participated in the first round and not yet locked their seats. Here, the seats are offered to the candidates automatically against any vacancy arising in the preferred NLU through his/ her choice via subsequent allotment list.
WITHDRAWAL OF SEATS:- There is an option to withdraw the fee in two ways.
1 – Failing to deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 50000/-
2 – Choosing the option of withdrawal before final seat allotment list i.e. during the fourth round of CLAT Counselling.
STEP 3:-Publication of the 2nd list having the names of finalized candidates after payment of counseling fees.
- A second list will be published by CLAT office of candidates who have paid counselling fee and locked seat on participating NLUs.
- In the second list, CLAT will also release a wait list of candidates selected provisionally against dropped out candidates, if any.
- Within the prescribed time period as per CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000 is required to be paid and their seat is required to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of INR 10,000.
- The entire amount of counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after a stipulated period.
STEP 4:- Publication of 3rd list allotting seats to candidates.
- A comprehensive third allotment list of candidates will be published by CLAT office. Candidates who paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- Candidates who have paid the counselling fee against the first and second symptomatic list are included in this list
- A list of waitlisted candidates, who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, will also be released.
STEP 5: Completion of admission
- Candidates need to approach the allotted NLU to make the remaining fees.
- For the completion of admission, the candidates need to carry relevant documents and certificate required both original & scanned copy.
- If in any case candidate doesn’t have any of the certificate or documents required with him then, unfortunately, they will be dropped by the NLU.
- After the publication of CLAT merit list, the claim for admission and the entire amount of the counselling fee of INR 50,000 is forfeited to candidates who fail to report at the allotted NLU.
CLAT Counselling 2019 PARTICIPATING INSTITUTES
Following is the list of participating National Law Universities (NLUs) is as follows:
|1.National Law School of India University, Bangalore|
|2. National Academy of Legal Studies & Research, Hyderabad|
|3. National Law Institute University, Bhopal|
|4. West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata|
|5. National Law University, Jodhpur|
|6. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur|
|7. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar|
|8. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow|
|9. Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala|
|10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna|
|11. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi|
|12. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack|
|13. National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi|
|14. National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati|
|15. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy|
|16. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam|
|17. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai|
|18. Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad|
|19.National Law University, Nagpur|
The following institutions are having MoU (Memorandum of understanding )with the CLAT 2019 Office for using CLAT score for admission purposes:
|1.Alliance University, Bangalore|
|2. Amity University, Uttar Pradesh|
|3. Asian Law College, Noida|
|4. DIRD Holambi Khurd, Delhi|
|5. Dr. K.N. Modi Unversity, Rajasthan|
|6. Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot|
|7. Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh|
|8. Gitam School of Law, Visakhapatnam|
|9. Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida|
|10. Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat|
|11. ICFAI University, Dehradun|
|12. ICFAI University, Tripura|
|13. IFIM Law College, Bangalore|
|14. IIMT University, College of Law, Meerut|
|15. IMS Unison University, Dehradun|
|16. Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad|
|17. Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University, Mathura|
|18. Indore Institute of Law, Indore|
|19. ISBR Law College, Bangalore|
|20. Jain University, Bangalore|
|21. Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus (JEMTEC) School of Law, Greater Noida|
|22.Kalinga University, Faculty of Law, Naya Raipur|
|23.L aw College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University|
|24. LLoyd Law College, Greater Noida|
|25. Maharishi University of Information Technology, Delhi NCR|
|26. Madhya Pradesh Dharamshastra National Law University, Jabalpur|
|27. Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, MJRP Academy of Law, Jaipur|
|28. Manipal University, Jaipur|
|29.Mewar Law Institute, Ghaziabad|
|30. MSB Global Law Institute (Maharaja Surajmal Brij University), Bharatpur|
|31.NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanoon Sansthan (NIMT Institute of Method and Law), Greater Noida|
|32.NMIMS, Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai|
|33. PES University, Bangalore|
|34. Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan|
|35. Renaissance Law College, Indore|
|36. Reva University, Bangalore|
|37. RNB Global University, Bikaner|
|38. Sandip University, Nashik|
|39. Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary (SGT) University, Gurugram|
|40. Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore|
|41. Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun|
|42. SRM University, Haryana|
|43. The NorthCap University, Gurgaon|
|44. Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar|
|45. Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur|
|46. Xavier University, Bhubaneswar|
CLAT SEAT ALLOTMENT 2019
The Seat Allotment Process of CLAT 2019 will begin on June 6, 2019. The basis of allotment of seats in CLAT 2019 is a merit-cum-preference list. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of score secured by candidates in CLAT. The preference list of institutes is given in application form. It is mandatory for candidates to indicate their preferences along with the application form. Based on the merit list and preference list, first seat allotment list of CLAT 2019 will be announced by counselling committee.
CLAT Centralized Counseling
CLAT 2019 counselling will be conducted by the CLAT office through centralized counselling for taking admissions in participating institutions to undergraduate courses.
- Candidates having their names on the first list need to deposit the counselling fee within a stipulated time.
- After payment of the fee, the CLAT counselling committee will issue seats for the 2nd allotment.
- In the second round of allotment, candidates get an option to lock, withdraw or upgrade their choice.
- In case a candidate doesn’t exercise any option, it will be assumed by default as an upgrade option.
- Candidates having allotted seats as a result of the vacant seats arising out in the first round need to remit the prescribe counselling fee against the seat allotted to them.
- After remittance of prescribed counselling fee within a specified time frame, counselling committee will declare a third allotment list of based on seat vacancy.
- Candidates, to whom seats have been allotted, need to remit the balance fee and submit the original certificates to the respective NLU by reporting there. In the case of non-report, the respective NLU will follow their own procedure to fill seats.
CLAT COUNSELLING – BREAKER
- There is a procedure for tie-breaking if the scores of two candidates or more than two candidates are equal. It will be done on the basis of conditions mentioned below in the order of their applicability:
- First, the tie will be decided on the basis of marks scored in the legal aptitude section of CLAT 2019. Candidate with better score will move ahead in the merit list
- In case the tie is not decided on the basis of the first condition then the candidate with higher age will be placed higher on the merit list
- If both the above-mentioned conditions are not successful in breaking the tie then the decision will be made on the basis of computerized draw
Share your thoughts/queries here!