CLAT Counselling 2020
- CLAT Counselling 2020
- Highlights of CLAT Counselling
- CLAT Counselling Dates 2020
- Documents Required in CLAT Counselling 2020
- CLAT Counselling Process
- Step 1: Online Registration
- Step 2: Publication of First Provisional Allotment List
- Step 3:-Publication of Second Provisional Allotment List
- Step 4:- Publication of Third and Final Provisional Allotment List
- Step 5: Refund Rules (Counselling Fee)
- Step 6: Uploading Documents
- Step 7: Completion of admission
- CLAT Counselling 2020 Participating Institutes
- CLAT 2020 Centralized Counseling
- CLAT Counselling FAQs 2020
Candidates qualifying the exam above the cut off will receive a call letter to attend the CLAT counselling session. A total of 3 seat allotment lists are released based on which students are shortlisted and called for the procedure of counselling. Go through the complete post to know all the details regarding the process of CLAT Counselling 2020.
Latest: The Consortium released the CLAT Results on 5th October 2020. The committee released an official notice stating the counselling procedure will start from 6th October 2020 at 9:00 AM. Check Official Notice
CLAT Counselling 2020
NUSRL, Ranchi will conduct CLAT 2020 Counselling starting from October 6, 2020. They will lead the admission procedure to the UG/PG program at the participating universities via CLAT Centralized Online Counseling.
- The list of candidates selected for counselling will be published by 9:00 AM on 6th October 2020.
- An invite for counselling registration process will be sent through an SMS and email to each selected candidate.
- Aspirants who do not complete the registration process, they will not be considered for CLAT Seat Allotment.
- Candidates will be required to attend the counselling of CLAT 2020 in online mode.
- Make sure to deposit the counselling fee on or before the last date i.e., 07 October 2020 to avoid any payment discrepancies.
- Candidates whose name will feature in the merit list of CLAT 2020, will be issued call letters to attend the counselling as a medium to seek admissions into 20 NLUs participating.
The first provisional list of CLAT Seat Allotment will be published on 09 October 2020. There will be no. of processes included in the CLAT 2020:
- Online registration,
- Making a choice of NLU,
- Allotment of seats in NLUs,
- Payment of CLAT Counseling fees &
- Upgrading of seats
- Reporting to the allotted NLUs.
As per previous year trends, there will be a minimum of 3 rounds of counselling. Candidates have to deposit INR 50,000 for securing allotted seats during the admission procedure. It is advised to all the candidates to read and understand the counselling procedure to avoid confusion while attending the CLAT 2020 Counselling. Do check the CLAT Cut Off to know about your chances of making it through.
Highlights of CLAT Counselling
|Conducting Authority||CLAT Office|
|Mode Of Counselling||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||CLAT Rank and order of preference in CLAT Form|
|Total Participating Colleges||19 NLUs & 45+ Private colleges|
|Total Seats||3000 approx. (NLUs)|
CLAT Counselling Dates 2020
The table given below shows the dates of the events for CLAT Counselling 2020:
|Result Declaration and Issue of Merit List||05 October 2020|
|Publication of the first allotment list||09 October 2020|
|The date for payment of counselling fee of INR50,000||09 October – 10 October 2020|
|Publication of the 2nd allotment list after payment of counselling fee||11 October 2020|
|A date for payment of counselling fee (for the candidates appearing for the 1st time in 2nd provisional allotment list)||11 October – 12 October 2020|
|Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process||To be announced|
|Publication of the 3rd allotment list||14 October 2020|
|Payment of full fee||14 October – 15 October 2020|
|The date for completing formalities at allocatedNLU||To be announced|
|The date for receiving the status of admissions from the participating NLU||To be announced|
NOTE: – There shall be no refund of counselling fees after the last day of withdrawal from the admission process. The counselling fees of those candidates who withdraw before the last date will be refunded after deducting Rs. 10000/-
Documents Required in CLAT Counselling 2020
Candidates who have been shortlisted and their names are in the merit list should carry these documents at the time of CLAT Counseling 2020:
- CLAT 2020 Application Form
- CLAT 2020 Admit Card
- CLAT Score Card
- Date of Birth Proof Required (Class 10th Mark sheet)
- Class 12th Mark sheet required for Academic Qualification /Eligibility Criteria.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Especially – Able Certificate (if applicable)
- NRI Certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Call letter issued by CLAT authority
- Current passport size photographs.
CLAT Counselling Process
The CLAT counselling procedure is done via an online centralized system. It is conducted separately for UG and PG programs. The entire process will be done as per the CLAT calendar created by the conducting authorities.
Candidates can go through the step-wise procedure for final admissions to the 19 NLUs is as follows:-
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates who have scored above the cut off marks in the CLAT exam will receive an SMS or E-mail to register for the counselling process. The information related to counselling will be uploaded on the official website. Candidates have to log in to their CLAT account to register for the counselling process. The register process consists of two steps:
Updating NLU Preference
Candidates can provide a fresh list of NLU preferences during the registration. They have the option to choose the preferences of only those NLUs in which they are interested or they can choose all the NLUs. Candidates are advised to give a minimum of five preferences.
- It is important for candidates to provide their preferences carefully considering all options and their marks and ranks.
- Candidates must note that requests for change of preference after the final submission will not be accepted by the consortium.
- Preferences provided in the application form will be considered if preferences are not updated by the candidate during the registration.
Making Online Payment of Rs.50,000
Candidates have to make online payment of Rs.50,000 through their login ID to register for the counselling process of CLAT 2020. Ensure to make the payment on or before the last date to avoid payment related issues. Requests to make payments after the last date due to transaction failure or other issues will not be considered and Consortium will not be responsible for any issues relating to payments.
Step 2: Publication of First Provisional Allotment List
The consortium will release the first provisional merit list based on candidates who have completed the counselling registration process. The merit list to shortlist candidates for final admissions will be released on the official website of CLAT. The list will be prepared on the merit- cum-preferences basis.
- In counselling process, participation is allowed to a specified number of candidates from various categories against an actual number of seats available with participating NLUs.
- Selected Candidates have to deposit counseling fees of Rs. 50000/- after the release of the 1st CLAT counseling list 2020.
- Adjustable fees deposited with the CLAT office by the candidates will be transferred to the NLU in which the candidate has taken admission after completion of the admission process.
- If in any case, candidate fails to deposit the fees in the given span of time, they will lose their right to consideration for admission under CLAT. And their names will also be dropped from the merit list.
- After depositing The Payment fees candidates have to do exercise one of the options provided below i.e.,
a) Accept the Allotted Seat (Lock Seat)
In these options, candidates are given an opportunity to lock the seat they have been offered confirming the seat and debarring to shift their choice to any other NLU in the current counselling round. This is an option that is activated every counselling round after the publication of the symptomatic seat allotment list.
b) Apply for Upgrade
This is an option that is made open to the candidates in the second round of counselling. Also, this option is applicable to only those candidates who have participated in the first round and not yet locked their seats. Here, the seats are offered to the candidates automatically against any vacancy arising in the preferred NLU through his/ her choice via the subsequent allotment list.
c) Exit from CLAT Admission Process
Candiadtes who choose to exit form admission process will lose currently allotted seat and they will not be considered for allotment in the subsequent lists also. There is an option to withdraw the fee in two ways as mentioned below.
- Failing to deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 50000/-
- Choosing the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list i.e. during the fourth round of CLAT Counselling.
Step 3:-Publication of Second Provisional Allotment List
- A second list will be published by the CLAT office of candidates who have paid counselling fee and locked seat on participating NLUs.
- In the second list, CLAT will also release a waitlist of candidates selected provisionally against dropped out candidates, if any.
- Within the prescribed time period as per the CLAT calendar, the requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000 is required to be paid and their seat is expected to be reserved.
- From the deposited counselling fee, there will be a deduction of a nominal amount of INR 10,000.
- The entire amount of counselling fee will be forfeited in case of any withdrawal after a stipulated period.
Step 4:- Publication of Third and Final Provisional Allotment List
- A comprehensive third allotment list of candidates will be published by the CLAT office. Candidates who paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in the participating NLUs make this list.
- Candidates who have paid the counselling fee against the first and second symptomatic list are included in this list
- A list of waitlisted candidates, who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, will also be released.
Step 5: Refund Rules (Counselling Fee)
As per the notice, the total amount of Rs.50,000 will be refunded to candidates if they do not get a seat after the release of three provisional lists by the consortium.
- An amount of Rs.40,000 will be refunded if the candidates choose to exit the counselling process or do not accept any of the seat offered by the exam conducting body.
- If a candidate is found ineligible based on documents information provided at the time of verification, an amount of Rs.40,000 will be refunded.
Step 6: Uploading Documents
Candidates who will accept the allotted seat or who will opt for degradation need to upload all the documents mentioned above. Candiadtes are advised to visit websites of member NLUs for details such as the fee to be paid and documents to be submitted for acceptance of the candidature.
Step 7: Completion of admission
- Candidates need to approach the allotted NLU to make the remaining fees.
- For the completion of admission, the candidates need to carry relevant documents and certificates required both original & scanned copy.
- If in any case candidate doesn’t have any of the certificate or documents required with him then, unfortunately, they will be dropped by the NLU.
- After the publication of the CLAT Merit List, the claim for admission and the entire amount of the counselling fee of INR 50,000 is forfeited to candidates who fail to report at the allotted NLU.
CLAT Counselling 2020 Participating Institutes
Go through the complete list of CLAT Participating Colleges below:
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore|
|National Academy of Legal Studies & Research, Hyderabad|
|National Law Institute University, Bhopal|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata|
|National Law University, Jodhpur|
|Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala|
|Chanakya National Law University, Patna|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi|
|National Law University Odisha, Cuttack|
|National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad|
|National Law University, Nagpur|
The following institutions are having MoU (Memorandum of understanding )with the CLAT 2020 Office for using CLAT score for admission purposes:
|.Alliance University, Bangalore|
|Amity University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Asian Law College, Noida|
|DIRD Holambi Khurd, Delhi|
|Dr. K.N. Modi Unversity, Rajasthan|
|Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot|
|Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Gitam School of Law, Visakhapatnam|
|Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida|
|Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat|
|ICFAI University, Dehradun|
|ICFAI University, Tripura|
|IFIM Law College, Bangalore|
|IIMT University, College of Law, Meerut|
|IMS Unison University, Dehradun|
|Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad|
|Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University, Mathura|
|Indore Institute of Law, Indore|
|ISBR Law College, Bangalore|
|Jain University, Bangalore|
|Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus (JEMTEC) School of Law, Greater Noida|
|Kalinga University, Faculty of Law, Naya Raipur|
|Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University|
|Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida|
|Maharishi University of Information Technology, Delhi NCR|
|Madhya Pradesh Dharamshastra National Law University, Jabalpur|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, MJRP Academy of Law, Jaipur|
|Manipal University, Jaipur|
|Mewar Law Institute, Ghaziabad|
|MSB Global Law Institute (Maharaja Surajmal Brij University), Bharatpur|
|NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanoon Sansthan (NIMT Institute of Method and Law), Greater Noida|
|NMIMS, Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai|
|PES University, Bangalore|
|Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan|
|Renaissance Law College, Indore|
|Reva University, Bangalore|
|RNB Global University, Bikaner|
|Sandip University, Nashik|
|Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary (SGT) University, Gurugram|
|Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore|
|Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun|
|SRM University, Haryana|
|The NorthCap University, Gurgaon|
|United world School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar|
|Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur|
|Xavier University, Bhubaneswar|
CLAT Seat Allotment 2020
The Seat Allotment Process of CLAT 2020 will begin from the 2nd Week of September 2020. The basis of allotment of seats in CLAT 2020 is a merit-cum-preference list. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score secured by candidates in CLAT. The preference list of institutes is given in the application form. It is mandatory for candidates to indicate their preferences along with the application form. Based on the merit list and preference list, the first seat allotment list of CLAT 2020 will be announced by counselling committee.
CLAT 2020 Centralized Counseling
CLAT 2020 counselling will be conducted by the CLAT office through centralized counselling for taking admissions in participating institutions to undergraduate courses.
- Candidates having their names on the first list need to deposit the counselling fee within a stipulated time.
- After payment of the fee, the CLAT counselling committee will issue seats for the 2nd allotment.
- In the second round of allotment, candidates get an option to lock, withdraw or upgrade their choice.
- In case a candidate doesn’t exercise any option, it will be assumed by default as an upgrade option.
- Candidates having allotted seats as a result of the vacant seats arising out in the first round need to remit the prescribe counselling fee against the seat allotted to them.
- After remittance of prescribed counselling fee within a specified time frame, counselling committee will declare a third allotment list of based on seat vacancy.
- Candidates, to whom seats have been allotted, need to remit the balance fee and submit the original certificates to the respective NLU by reporting there. In the case of non-report, the respective NLU will follow their own procedure to fill seats.
CLAT Counselling Breaker for Undergraduates
- There is a procedure for tie-breaking if the scores of two candidates or more than two candidates are equal. It will be done on the basis of conditions mentioned below in the order of their applicability:
- The tie will be decided on the basis of marks scored in the legal aptitude section of CLAT 2020. Candidate with the better score will move ahead in the merit list
- In case the tie is not decided on the basis of the first condition then the candidate with higher age will be placed higher on the merit list
- If both the above-mentioned conditions are not successful in breaking the tie then the decision will be made on the basis of computerized draw
CLAT Counselling FAQs 2020
Q- Will there be any waiting list for CLAT Counselling?
Ans- Yes, the waiting list is there in the CLAT Counselling, but it will be issued along with the Provisional Allotment List from the first 2500 applicants who have been undertaken the counselling after remitting the fees. The list will be prepared by selecting the candidates proportionately from different categories like- General/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ DFF/ NRI, etc both from the All India and State (Domicile) category of candidates.
Q- Will there be any subsequent merit lists after the first allotment list is published for CLAT?
Ans- The candidates who will fail to report to the Universities and complete the formalities of the admission within a stipulated date will be forfeited their claim for the admission and their seats will fill up by the University by following its own process, not by the CLAT Office.
The respective Universities will report the admission details to the CAT Office long with the number of vacancies that might remain same due to non-reporting of the candidates allotted under the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Actual Allotment List, which helps to the CLAT Office to make the declaration of the final allotment.
Q- What is the minimum cut-off score/ sectional cut off for CLAT 2020?
Ans- The National Law University released a cut off list separately for all the categories of the candidates. Candidates do not need to go through any minimum cut off score/ sectional cut off to qualify the CLAT. For the admission in NLU’s, candidates only have to show their performance in the entrance exam in order to merit list.
Q- What is CLAT counselling fee?
Ans- Candidates have to deposit a counselling fee of INR 50,000. This couselling fee will be adjusted in the admission fees in the college attolletd by the NLU.
Share your thoughts/queries here!