CLAT Application Form 2020 – Last Date To Apply Extended Till July 01,2020
- CLAT Application Form 2020 Highlights
- CLAT Application Form Dates: Last Date to Apply
- CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Prerequisites to Fill CLAT Application Form 2020
- How To Fill Online CLAT Application Form 2020?
- CLAT Application Fee 2020
- CLAT Application Form Status 2020
- CLAT 2020 Application Form Correction
- How to Recover CLAT Password?
- General Instructions to fill CLAT Application Form
- CLAT Admit Card 2020
- CLAT Application Form 2020 FAQ’s
The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has begun the process of CLAT Application Form 2020 from January 1, 2020, and the last date to fill the online application form is July 01, 2020. Candidates should go to the official page of the CLAT exam in order to fill the application form.
Latest News: CLAT Applications are extended until 01st July 2020. Candidates can click on the direct CLAT Registration link given below to fill their applications.
- The consortium is inviting candidates through CLAT Registration 2020 to fill 2538 UG and 742 PG seats offered by the 22 participating institutes.
- There is no upper limit for applying the CLAT exam, which means candidates belonging to any age group can fill the application form. However, the minimum age limit should be above 17 years.
- Candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria will have their candidature canceled at any point in the recruitment process with no former notice or intimation.
- Candidates will be allowed to download CLAT Admit Card 2020 only by visiting the official website.
- Candidates who have successfully filled the application form can download the admit card tentatively starting from the first week of June 2020.
CLAT Application Form 2020 Highlights
|CLAT Application Form 2020 Mode||Online|
|Last Date to Apply for CLAT Exam||July 01, 2020|
|CLAT Application Fee Mode||Online|
|Application Fee||General/OBC/Other – INR 4000|
|SC/ST/BPL – INR 3500|
|Number of Applications (Last Year)||Around 60,000|
|Documents required for CLAT Application Process||Passport Size Photo|
|SC / ST / OBC certificate (if applicable)|
|PWD certificate (if applicable)|
|BPL Certificate (if applicable)|
CLAT Application Form Dates: Last Date to Apply
The CLAT Application Link was activated on 01 January 2020. Candidates can check the following table in order to know the CLAT Exam Dates in regard to the application form:
|Availability of CLAT 2020 Application Form||January 1st, 2020|
|Last Date to fill CLAT 2020 Application Form||July 01, 2020|
|CLAT Admit Card Issue Date||To be Notified|
|CLAT 2020 Exam||To be Notified|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The only candidates who will meet the CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 are allowed to fill the application form. As per the notification, there is no upper age limit is set for the CLAT exam, but the minimum age limit should be above 17 years.
- Candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in Senior Secondary School Examination to fill the CLAT Application Form.
- SC/ST categories will be given 5% relaxation in minimum marks.
- Aspirants appearing for the secondary board of examination in the month of April/May 2020 are also eligible to fill the CLAT Online Application form.
Prerequisites to Fill CLAT Application Form 2020
Aspirants must check the below-mentioned documents that are required to upload when filling the CLAT 2020 Application Form.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- ID and address proof with proper details mentioned (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card)
- Residential address for communication
- Personal mobile number
- An official email id- All communication will be transferred through this mail id
- Passport-size photograph with a plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category
- Relevant PWD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Relevant BPL certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
How To Fill Online CLAT Application Form 2020?
Candidates should fill the CLAT 2020 Application Form before 01st July 2020. CLAT Application Form received after the last date will not be accepted by the consortium. Click on the direct CLAT Apply Online Link given above to fill your applications. The application filling process involves four steps:
- Online Registration
- Filling of Application Form
- Uploading Documents
- Payment of Application Fee
Go through the steps provided below to know how to register for the CLAT exam.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of CLAT to access the Register link
- Enter all the details like name, mobile number, and password of your choice to register on the CLAT website.
- After entering all the details click on the “Register” button. You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number and use that OTP for activating the CLAT account.
- You will receive an account activation message on the screen.
- Now you can login to the account by entering the mobile number and password. Check the below image for reference.
Step 2:Filling Application Form of CLAT 2020
After login into the account, select the level of exam you are applying for i.e., UG or PG. Select any one option as shown in the image below.
- Next, candidates have to fill up the following sections like personal, address, educational details, etc in the CLAT Online form.
|–||Categories||Details to be filled|
|1.||Personal Details||Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mother’s Name, Nationality, All India Category, If NRI sponsored Category, If person with a disability(PWD), Scribe Requirement, If Below Poverty Line(BPL)|
|2.||Communication||Address for Correspondence, Permanent Address Nativity, State of Residence, State of Domicile PIN Code Mobile Number/Contact Number of the Applicant, Email Address of applicant|
|3.||Educational Qualifications||Exam Qualified, Board/University’s name, Month and Year of Passing, Percentage, Exam Status(appearing/Appeared/Passed)|
|4.||Previous Years CLAT Question Papers required||Yes/No|
|6.||Exam Center Preference||Select any 3 cities from the list|
|7.||NLU Preference||Mark NLU in order of your preference from most to least preferred|
- The image below represents the filled CLAT Online Form. You can go through the below image to know how to fill CLAT Application Form 2020 correctly.
- Finally, click on the Submit button.
Step 3:Upload Documents
After filling all the details in the CLAT Apply Online form, candidates have to upload the Photo, Signature, and Domicile certificate. The Caste Certificate should be only submitted by the reserved category candidates.
- The consortium may cancel the application form if documents are not uploaded as per the below specifications.
|Passport Size Photograph||20kb-50kb||JPG/JPEG|
|State of Domicile Certificate||2MB|
Instructions for Photo and Signature
The guidelines to upload the photo and signature are mentioned below:
- The photo and signature should have a white/light-colored background
- The face of the individual must be clear and visible in the photo
- The image should be professional-looking
- The signature must not be in several different designs or styles. If the signature is not in a similar pattern on all the official papers, then the officials will reject the CLAT application form right away
- The signature of the individual should be in a flow of running hand and it must be in small letters
- Most importantly, the individuals should make sure that their scanned images are in JPEG Format
Now, after uploading the photo and signature, aspirants can proceed with the fee payment of the application.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
After uploading all the documents, the final step is making payment. Before making payment, candidates must make sure that they have filled all the sections correctly because any wrong information in the application form leads to the cancellation.
- Candidates have to click on the “Make Payment” button to pay the application form.
- Once payment is done, aspirants will receive the confirmation message on their registered mobile number and E-mail ID.
CLAT Application Fee 2020
Candidates can pay their CLAT Application Form Fee via Online or Offline mode. The Online mode includes Credit/Debit/Net Banking whereas the offline mode is an e-challan mode. The CLAT Online Application Form fee varies from category to category. Aspirants have to pay a fee of INR 500 to download previous year CLAT question papers.
The following table has the application fee details for all the categories:
|SC/ST/ BPL candidates||3500|
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates||4000|
|Question Paper Fee (if opted)||500|
Online-Mode Payment Details
Candidates can pay the application fee with the use of Debit/ Credit Card/Net Banking. Bank Transaction Charges shall differ depending on the payment option the candidate has chosen.
- Card mode: Select the card type-Debit or Credit Card. Then enter the Debit/Credit Card details which will include card number, expiry date, and CVV number
- Net Banking Mode: Select the preferred bank from which you want to make the payment, enter the Net Banking User ID & Password and make the transaction online
Offline Payment Mode (E-Challan)
- First, generate the online challan and go for the Offline payment
- Candidates have to take the print out of the generated e-challans to the bank concerned, fill the challan and make the payment over the counter in the bank itself
- The Cheques, DDs or other instruments/modes of payment will not be accepted
- E-challan must only be generated in the format of PDF format
- Offline payments must be made only in cash
Overhead charges for online or offline payment
Aspirants who are filling in the CLAT Application Form are meant to bear extra charges at the time of making the payment through online or offline mode. The information for the same can be checked in the table below:
|Transaction charges on Credit card||0.75%|
|Transaction charges on Debit card||1.00%|
|Transaction charges on Net Banking||INR 5 for all banks|
|INR 0 for HDFC Bank|
|Transaction charges on Diner cards||0.75%|
|Transaction charges for offline (challan) payment||INR 0|
CLAT Application Form Status 2020
Candidates can check the status of their application to know whether their application is pending or it has been submitted before making a payment for CLAT Application Form 2020. Currently, candidates have to complete the application process first and will be intimated when they can check the status. Usually, the CLAT 2020 Application Form Status can be checked before the admit card is released.
CLAT 2020 Application Form Correction
The Law Consortium authority may provide the correction facility in the CLAT 2020 Application Form, but it is not confirmed yet. Candidates who are filling the application form are suggested to enter all the details correctly and check the fields before submitting the form.
- As per the references from the last year, it is not possible to make any changes in the application form after the final submission.
- If candidates submit any wrong information in the form, they have to apply for a fresh application with a re-payment of the fee.
- Candidates will not be refunded for previously submitted applications.
- Aspirants must upload all the documents in the specified format, otherwise, the applications will be rejected by the authority.
How to Recover CLAT Password?
Candidates who forgot their password that is required to login to the registered account can recover it by following the simple steps provided below.
- Visit the official website of CLAT Consortium
- Click on the ‘Login’ window and look for the ‘Forgot Password’ tab
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ tab and enter the valid registration number
- Click on the “Request OTP’ tab
- Enter the one time password which is received on your mobile
- Generate new password
- Login to the account by using the new password
General Instructions to fill CLAT Application Form
There are some important instructions that the candidates should follow regarding the CLAT Application Form filling are listed below.
- The applications have to be submitted online only from the official website-clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The students must fill their name and parents’ name accurately in the columns as they are mentioned in their mark sheets and identity proof documents
- Any wrong information provided in the application form can cause form-cancellation
- Candidates must submit only one application form. If the authorities found more than 1 application form with similar phone number and e-mail, the form which is filled later will be considered
- No alterations can be done after the final submission of the form. The information regarding the candidates’ category, the preference for the NLUs, and Center for the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates cannot be altered after successful submission of the form
- Candidates should read the general instructions carefully and provide correct and authentic information when filling the online form
- Candidates shall fill their preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of the online application itself. Any changes would not be allowed in the preference after form submission
CLAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates who have successfully filled the application form will receive the CLAT 2020 Admit Card. Aspirants are allowed to download the admit card 10 to 15 prior to the exam. To download CLAT Admit Card, candidates need to enter registration ID and password.
- The admit card contains the details like Exam venue, timings, date, name. photograph and signature, etc.
- Candidates must note that the admit card is the mandatory document that is required to carry to the examination hall.
- If anyone forgot to carry the admit card, they will not be allowed to write the exam.
CLAT Application Form 2020 FAQ’s
1) What is the mode of CLAT Application Form 2020?
A) CLAT Registration is an online process. The digitization across India has made it easier for students to fill the form using the technology.
CLAT Consortium activates the application link and the students have to fill the form in online mode. The documents to be uploaded and application fee shall also be paid online.
The final submission is also done in online mode. Thus, candidates do not have to post the printed copy of application form to the authority.
2) How to apply for CLAT 2020 Exam?
A) First, Candidates need to register on the CLAT official website in order to apply for the CLAT Exam 2020. The authority has made the registration process online. Interested candidates must enter the valid mobile number, Email-Id, and password of their choice to register for the exam.
Once you are done with the registration process, you will get OTP to your registered mobile number. You can use the OTP to activate your CLAT account.
3) What are the specifications of the documents to be uploaded in the CLAT Online Application form?
A) The documents to be uploaded in the CLAT Application form should be as per the below specifications:
photograph: 20 Kb to 50 Kb
signature: 10 Kb to 20 Kb
other certificates: 2 MB
4) What is the Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2020?
A) Before filling the application form, candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria. All the candidates must have passed the secondary board of examination with an aggregate of 45 % marks (for UG aspirants) and 55 % marks (for PG aspirants) to meet the Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2020.
5) How to know whether my CLAT 2020 Application Form has been submitted?
A) You will receive a confirmation message on the window screen after the final submission of the application form. You will also get a confirmation message to your registered mobile number and mail ID.
6) Can I fill the CLAT application form in offline mode?
A) CLAT Online form is only available in online mode. The official website is created for the same purpose.
All candidates appearing for the exam must have hands-on using the technology since the CLAT Exam itself is in online mode.
Only Application fee payment can be done in offline mode apart from online mode.
No application form must be printed and submitted to the Consortium.
7) Is the CLAT Online Form similar for all courses?
A) CLAT Online Form is the same for all the courses. The time limit allocated to fill the form for UG, PG or Integrated course is the same as well.
The application window has a step wherein candidates have to choose their desired course to differentiate between the forms for UG and PG Courses.
However, the application process remains the same for all candidates.
8) What to do if I forgot the password for the CLAT login?
A) In case you forget the password for the CLAT login, you can recover it easily by clicking on the ‘Forgot Password’ link at the bottom of the login window. For recovering the password an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number. You need to enter the OTP and click on the ‘Reset Account’ button to create a new password. You can use the same for future purposes.
9) Do I need to submit the hard copy of the CLAT Application form to the consortium?
A) No need to submit the hard copy of the CLAT application form to the consortium. students have to fill the form in online mode. The documents to be uploaded and application fee shall also be paid online.
The final submission is also done in online mode. Thus, candidates do not have to post the printed copy of application form to the authority.
10) What can be the reasons for the rejection of the CLAT Online form?
A) The reasons for the rejection of the CLAT Online Form would be :
- Incomplete application form
- Non-payment of application fee
- Unclear uploaded photos or documents
11) Do I need to attest photo and signature before uploading them?
A) No, you do not need to attest photo and signature before uploading them. The application form will be filled only through online mode. Candidates are allowed to upload all the documents in the specified format only in online mode.
12) Is there any age limit for filling the CLAT application form?
A) There is no upper age limit for admission to either UG or PG courses, which means candidates of any age group may apply for the exam. However, the minimum age limit should be above 17 years. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
13) What if I misspelled the name of my parent in the CLAT Online Form?
A) The name of the candidate and parents should be spelled correctly in the online application as it appears in the certificates or mark sheets or ID proof. If you make any change or alteration, it may result in the disqualification of candidature. Candidates are suggested to check all the information correctly before the final submission of the form.
14) What details should I provide while writing about the problem in the CLAT Online Form?
A) You should provide the following details while writing about the problem in the CLAT Application Form:
- Type of Query
- Program Applied For
- Name of the Applicant
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile No.
15) Will there be any correction window for CLAT 2020?
A) No, information once furnished can not be modified at later stages. Therefore, it is suggested to read instructions carefully before entering the information correctly and preview the form before final submission.
If there is any wrong information provided in the application form, candidates have to apply for a fresh application with a re-payment of the fee and they will not be refunded for previously submitted applications.
Share your thoughts/queries here!