CLAT Registration 2021: Know Steps to Fill Application Form
Aspirants can apply for CLAT 2021 from January 1st week on the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs). This post takes you through step by step procedure to complete CLAT Registration 2021.
- As per the CLAT Eligibility, there is no upper limit to apply for the exam, but the minimum age limit is above 17 years.
- Through this common law admission test, 2538 UG and 742 PG seats will be filled across 22 National Law Universities.
CLAT Registration 2021 Highlights
|Exam||Common Law Admission Test|
|CLAT 2020 Registration Form Mode||Online|
|CLAT Application Fee Mode||Online|
|Application Fee||General/OBC/Other – INR 4000|
|SC/ST/BPL – INR 3500|
|Number of Applications (Last Year)||Around 60,000|
|Documents required for CLAT Application Process||Passport Size Photo|
|SC / ST / OBC certificate (if applicable)|
|PWD certificate (if applicable)|
|BPL Certificate (if applicable)|
CLAT Registration Dates 2021
The CLAT Application Link will be activated in the first week of January 2021. Candidates can check the following table to know the event schedule in regard to the application form:
|Starting Date to Apply||January 1st week, 2021|
|Last Date for CLAT Registration||March 4th Week 2021|
|Last Date for fee payment||March 4th Week 2021|
|CLAT Exam Date||May 2nd Week, 2021|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The only candidates who will meet the CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 are allowed to fill the application form. As per the notification, there is no upper age limit is set for the CLAT exam, but the minimum age limit should be above 17 years.
- Candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in Senior Secondary School Examination to fill the CLAT Registration Form.
- SC/ST categories will be given 5% relaxation in minimum marks.
- Aspirants appearing for the secondary board of examination in the month of April/May 2021 are also eligible to fill the CLAT Online Application form.
Prerequisites for CLAT Exam Registration 2021
Aspirants must check the below-mentioned documents that are required to upload while completing the CLAT Registration 2021.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- ID and address proof with proper details mentioned (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card)
- Residential address for communication
- Personal mobile number
- An official email id- All communication will be transferred through this mail id
- Passport-size photograph with a plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category
- Relevant PWD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Relevant BPL certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
How To Fill Online CLAT Application Form 2021?
Candidates should fill the CLAT 2021 Application Form before the last date. CLAT Registration Form received after the last date will not be accepted by the consortium. Click on the direct CLAT Registration Link that will be activated here in January 1st Week 2021. The application filling process involves four steps:
- Online Registration
- Filling of Application Form
- Uploading Documents
- Payment of CLAT Registration Fee
Registration & Form Filling
- Visit the official website of CLAT to access the Register link
- Enter all the details like name, mobile number, and password of your choice to register on the CLAT website.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number and use that OTP for activating the CLAT account.
- Login to the account using the credentials received.
- Select the level of exam you are applying for i.e., UG or PG.
- Next, candidates have to fill up the following sections like personal, address, educational details, etc in the CLAT Online form.
|–||Categories||Details to be filled|
|1.||Personal Details||Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mother’s Name, Nationality, All India Category, If NRI sponsored Category, If person with a disability(PWD), Scribe Requirement, If Below Poverty Line(BPL)|
|2.||Communication||Address for Correspondence, Permanent Address Nativity, State of Residence, State of Domicile PIN Code Mobile Number/Contact Number of the Applicant, Email Address of applicant|
|3.||Educational Qualifications||Exam Qualified, Board/University’s name, Month and Year of Passing, Percentage, Exam Status(appearing/Appeared/Passed)|
|4.||Previous Years CLAT Question Papers required||Yes/No|
|6.||Exam Center Preference||Select any 3 cities from the list|
|7.||NLU Preference||Mark NLU in order of your preference from most to least preferred|
- Finally, click on the Submit button.
Step 3:Upload Documents
- In the next section, upload the Photo, Signature, and Domicile certificate. The Caste Certificate should be only submitted by the reserved category candidates.
|Passport Size Photograph||20kb-50kb||JPG/JPEG|
|State of Domicile Certificate||2MB|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- The last stage in the CLAT Registration process is making payment.
- Candidates have to click on the “Make Payment” button to pay the application form.
- Once payment is done, aspirants will receive the confirmation message on their registered mobile number and E-mail ID.
CLAT Application Fee 2021
Candidates can pay their CLAT Registration Form Fee via Online or Offline mode. The Online mode includes Credit/Debit/Net Banking whereas the offline mode is an e-challan mode. The CLAT Online Application Form fee varies from category to category. Aspirants have to pay a fee of INR 500 to download previous year CLAT question papers.
The following table has the application fee details for all the categories:
|SC/ST/ BPL candidates||3500|
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates||4000|
|Question Paper Fee (if opted)||500|
Online-Mode Payment Details
Candidates can pay the application fee with the use of Debit/ Credit Card/Net Banking. Bank Transaction Charges shall differ depending on the payment option the candidate has chosen.
- Card mode: Select the card type-Debit or Credit Card. Then enter the Debit/Credit Card details which will include card number, expiry date, and CVV number
- Net Banking Mode: Select the preferred bank from which you want to make the payment, enter the Net Banking User ID & Password and make the transaction online
Offline Payment Mode (E-Challan)
- First, generate the online challan and go for the Offline payment
- Candidates have to take the print out of the generated e-challans to the bank concerned, fill the challan and make the payment over the counter in the bank itself
- The Cheques, DDs or other instruments/modes of payment will not be accepted
- E-challan must only be generated in the format of PDF format
- Offline payments must be made only in cash
Overhead charges for online or offline payment
Aspirants who are filling in the CLAT 2021 Apply Online Form are meant to bear extra charges at the time of making the payment through online or offline mode. The information for the same can be checked in the table below:
|Transaction charges on Credit card||0.75%|
|Transaction charges on Debit card||1.00%|
|Transaction charges on Net Banking||INR 5 for all banks|
|INR 0 for HDFC Bank|
|Transaction charges on Diner cards||0.75%|
|Transaction charges for offline (challan) payment||INR 0|
CLAT Application Form Correction & Status 2021
- As per the references from the last year, it is not possible to make any changes in the application form after the final submission.
- If candidates submit any wrong information in the form, they have to apply for a fresh application with a re-payment of the fee.
- Candidates will not be refunded for previously submitted applications.
- Aspirants must upload all the documents in the specified format, otherwise, the applications will be rejected by the authority.
Candidates can check the status of their application to know whether their application is pending or it has been submitted before making a payment for CLAT 2020 Registration Form. Usually, the CLAT 2020 Application Form Status can be checked before the admit card is released.
How to Recover CLAT Password?
Candidates who forgot their password that is required to login to the registered account can recover it by following the simple steps provided below.
- Visit the official website of CLAT Consortium
- Click on the ‘Login’ window and look for the ‘Forgot Password’ tab
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ tab and enter the valid registration number
- Click on the “Request OTP’ tab
- Enter the one time password which is received on your mobile
- Generate new password
- Login to the account by using the new password
General Instructions for CLAT Registration 2021
There are some important instructions that the candidates should follow regarding the CLAT 2021 Registration Process.
- The applications have to be submitted online only from the official website-clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The students must fill their name and parents’ name accurately in the columns as they are mentioned in their mark sheets and identity proof documents
- Any wrong information provided in the application form can cause form-cancellation
- Candidates must submit only one application form. If the authorities found more than 1 application form with a similar phone number and e-mail, the form which is filled later will be considered
- No alterations can be done after the final submission of the form. The information regarding the candidates’ category, the preference for the NLUs, and Center for the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates cannot be altered after successful submission of the form
- Candidates should read the general instructions carefully and provide correct and authentic information when filling the online form
- Candidates shall fill their preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of the online application itself. Any changes would not be allowed in the preference after form submission
CLAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates who have successfully filled the application form will receive the CLAT 2021 Admit Card. Aspirants are allowed to download the admit card 10 to 15 prior to the exam. To download CLAT Admit Card, candidates need to enter a registration ID and password.
- The admit card contains the details like Exam venue, timings, date, name. photograph and signature, etc.
- Candidates must note that the admit card is the mandatory document that is required to carry to the examination hall.
- If anyone forgot to carry the admit card, they will not be allowed to write the exam.
CLAT Application Form 2021 FAQ’s
1) What is the mode of CLAT Registration Form 2021?
A) CLAT Registration is an online process. The digitization across India has made it easier for students to fill the form using the technology.
CLAT Consortium activates the application link and the students have to fill the form in online mode. The documents to be uploaded and application fee shall also be paid online.
The final submission is also done in online mode. Thus, candidates do not have to post the printed copy of application form to the authority.
2) How to apply for CLAT 2021 Exam?
A) First, Candidates need to register on the CLAT official website in order to apply for the CLAT Exam 2021. The authority has made the registration process online. Interested candidates must enter the valid mobile number, Email-Id, and password of their choice to register for the exam.
Once you are done with the registration process, you will get OTP to your registered mobile number. You can use the OTP to activate your CLAT account.
3) What are the specifications of the documents to be uploaded in the CLAT Online Application form?
A) The documents to be uploaded in the CLAT 2021 Application form should be as per the below specifications:
photograph: 20 Kb to 50 Kb
signature: 10 Kb to 20 Kb
other certificates: 2 MB
4) What is the Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2021?
A) Before filling the application form, candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria. All the candidates must have passed the secondary board of examination with an aggregate of 45 % marks (for UG aspirants) and 55 % marks (for PG aspirants) to meet the Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2021.
5) How to know whether my CLAT 2021 Application Form has been submitted?
A) You will receive a confirmation message on the window screen after the final submission of the application form. You will also get a confirmation message to your registered mobile number and mail ID.
6) Can I fill the CLAT application form in offline mode?
A) CLAT Online form is only available in online mode. The official website is created for the same purpose.
All candidates appearing for the exam must have hands-on using the technology since the CLAT Exam itself is in online mode.
Only Application fee payment can be done in offline mode apart from online mode.
No application form must be printed and submitted to the Consortium.
7) Is the CLAT Online Form similar for all courses?
A) CLAT Online Form is the same for all the courses. The time limit allocated to fill the form for UG, PG or Integrated course is the same as well.
The application window has a step wherein candidates have to choose their desired course to differentiate between the forms for UG and PG Courses.
However, the application process remains the same for all candidates.
8) What to do if I forgot the password for the CLAT login?
A) In case you forget the password for the CLAT login, you can recover it easily by clicking on the ‘Forgot Password’ link at the bottom of the login window. For recovering the password an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number. You need to enter the OTP and click on the ‘Reset Account’ button to create a new password. You can use the same for future purposes.
9) Do I need to submit the hard copy of the CLAT 2021 Application form to the consortium?
A) No need to submit the hard copy of the application form of the CLAT 2021 to the consortium. students have to fill the form in online mode. The documents to be uploaded and application fees shall also be paid online.
The final submission is also done in online mode. Thus, candidates do not have to post the printed copy of application form to the authority.
10) What can be the reasons for the rejection of the CLAT Online form?
A) The reasons for the rejection of the CLAT Online Form would be :
- Incomplete application form
- Non-payment of application fee
- Unclear uploaded photos or documents
11) Do I need to attest photo and signature before uploading them?
A) No, you do not need to attest photo and signature before uploading them. The application form will be filled only through online mode. Candidates are allowed to upload all the documents in the specified format only in online mode.
12) Is there any age limit for filling the CLAT online form?
A) There is no upper age limit for admission to either UG or PG courses, which means candidates of any age group may apply for the exam. However, the minimum age limit should be above 17 years. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
13) What if I misspelled the name of my parent in the CLAT Online Form?
A) The name of the candidate and parents should be spelled correctly in the online application as it appears in the certificates or mark sheets or ID proof. If you make any change or alteration, it may result in the disqualification of candidature. Candidates are suggested to check all the information correctly before the final submission of the form.
14) What details should I provide while writing about the problem in the CLAT Online Form?
A) You should provide the following details while writing about the problem in the CLAT Apply Online Form:
- Type of Query
- Program Applied For
- Name of the Applicant
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile No.
15) Will there be any correction window for CLAT 2021?
A) No, information once furnished can not be modified at later stages. Therefore, it is suggested to read instructions carefully before entering the information correctly and preview the form before final submission.
If there is any wrong information provided in the application form, candidates have to apply for a fresh application with a re-payment of the fee and they will not be refunded for previously submitted applications.
Share your thoughts/queries here!