CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise- Strategy: Check Section-Wise Preparation Tips
CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise- Get Detailed Section-Wise Strategic Study Schedule Here
CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise
Common Law Admission Test (commonly called as CLAT) is an all India examination for undergraduate and postgraduate courses conducted by the 17 National Law University (NLU) on a rotational basis. How to prepare for CLAT is a common question which comes up in every candidate’s mind. To make it easier for you, here is CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise mentioned below which will surely help you in cracking CLAT 2018. But let us first know about the qualification it requires to apply for CLAT and the syllabus which it covers.
Before going further with the preparation schedule for CLAT 2018, we would like to share the exam pattern so that the candidate can go through the list of subjects and the related marking scheme to that subject.
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
|Long Essay type questions covering Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence||100 marks (4 ques. for 25 marks each)|
|MCQ questions covering all compulsory subjects prescribed by Bar Council of India for UG course.||50 marks (50 ques.)|
Note: There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
CLAT 2018 Sections in Brief- CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise
1. English including comprehension
The English section will basically test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on many comprehension passages and grammar. Comprehension section will question the conclusion of understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
Moreover, English for CLAT may be divided into three parts:
- Reading Comprehension
- You must be familiar with the words and their meaning along with their usage
- Make a habit to learn new words. Note down all the new words and search their meanings
- Whenever you come across a new word it is always good to take a look at the spelling of the words
- Bring out your old grammar book and start reading up from chapter 1. Study about the technicalities connected to various topics. Start brushing up on your basic concepts.
- Best ways to identify problem areas in grammar is to attempt error correction questions. This will help you to find grammatical flaws in the sentence.
(iii) Reading Comprehension
CLAT is an exam which has a time limitation. Reading Comprehension questions take more time than any other question in this section. It is advisable to divide your time wisely and increase the reading speed. For this you can take a passage and set a timer of 5 minutes. After 5 minutes check how many words you have covered and accordingly keep practicing.
2. General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
General Knowledge will test the general awareness of a candidate, including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of current affairs.
One must make his/ her habit of reading newspapers and watching news on a daily basis. A basic knowledge of History, Geography and Science will be preferred as a great advantage.
This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. maths taught up to Class X.The level of math tested in CLAT is elementary 10th grade Math. More importantly, it comprises of 10% of the CLAT exam. Best way to get through this section is to practice from ‘Quantitative Aptitude- R.S Sharma’. Try not to leave a single question from this book.
4. Legal Aptitude
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
Moreover,This section typically comprises of 4 major topics
1. Law of Contract
2. Law of Torts
3. Criminal Law
4. Indian Constitution
5. Logical Reasoning
The Logical Reasoning section will test a candidate’s ability to identify the problems based on the following topics
- Logical sequences
- Blood Relations
- Number test
- Verbal Reasoning
Few More Tips to Strategize Your Preparation- CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise
1. Online Mock Tests: Mock tests can help you up-to a great extent in understanding the pattern of questions asked the difficulty level of those questions topic-wise.
2. Adjust Your Strategy: Adjust your strategy, starting right now! Read the online materials. Read newspaper articles, magazine articles etc. Keep remembering the important formulas in your free time.
3. Follow a Daily Routine:Candidates need to go for a routine study of 8-9 hours daily. However, taking breaks will be a part of it.
4. Prepare Notes: Preparing notes for current G.K or for any other lengthy topic will help you in saving your time. Moreover, it is easy to study from your own notes rather than from books. These notes will immensely help you in the last 30 days of CLAT.
5. Concrete Vocabulary: Vocabulary will help you in English and Legal aptitude. Try to grasp as much new words as you can. Start with learning 10 new words daily and use them in your daily life.
Important Books To Refer for CLAT 2018 Preparation
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- English is Easy by Chetananand Singh
- Butterworths Lexis Nexis
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K.Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Objective Arithmetic by R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- GK Today
- Manorama Year Book
- India Year Book
- Universal’s LLB Entrance Guide
Stay tuned for more updates on CLAT 2018 Preparation Tips Topic Wise.
Share your thoughts/queries here!