CLAT 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Pattern
CLAT 2018 Application Form – Get CLAT 2018 application form, registration, exam dates, pattern & syllabus
CLAT 2018 Application Form
Common Law Admission Test or CLAT 2018 offers a gateway to Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Integrated Law programs at various National Law Universities of India. CLAT exam is conducted by 18 National Law Universities of India. Every year CLAT is organized on any Sunday of May. The online application for CLAT 2018 will begin from the first week of January. Each year ,one among the 18 NLU’s conduct CLAT exam. CLAT 2017 was conducted by Chanakya Nationa Law University.
CLAT 2018 Important Dates:
|CLAT Official Notification||Last week of December 2017|
|Availability of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date of Application Submission along with order of preferences for NLUs||4th week of March 2018|
|Issue of CLAT Admit Card||3rd week of April 2018|
|CLAT 2018 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Result (issue of merit list)||4th week of May 2018|
|CLAT 2018 Counselling Commence||1st week of June 2018|
|Closure of Admission||1st week of July 2018|
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
For U G Program
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the minimum of: –
(a) Forty-five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/ (Specially Abled Persons) Categories and
(b) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2018 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2018 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2018 as of now.
For P G Programme
- LL.B. or equivalent degree in law examination with a minimum of 55% marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/ (Especially abled persons) categories and 50% marks in case of SC/ST category
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2018 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2018 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination in the respective National Law Universities at the time of admission failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2018
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
CLAT exam will be of 2 hours duration and total marks will be 200. The paper will be objective MCQ type and in online mode.The subject wise weighatge for CLAT exam is given below:
|English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded and for each wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.
CLAT 2018 Application Fees:
|General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
CLAT 2018 Online Application Form: How to Apply for CLAT 2018?
In order to apply for CLAT 2018 , candidate must visit the official website of CLAT and register themself for CLAT 2018. After registration process, candidates can login using their login ID and password to get the CLAT 2018 application form. Fill all the required details in online CLAT Application form 2018. Also, they need to fill the preference order of National Law Universities. The candidates must upload the scanned copies of signature and photograph (30 mm x 45 mm) with size not more than 100 KB.
CLAT Application Form & Information Brochure 2018:
You can download the CLAT application and brochure from the official CLAT website or from the member National Law University websites. You can also avail the CLAT 2018 application forms from the selected State Bank of India Branches. Processing fees for online application for CLAT2018 for General/OBC candidates are Rs. 4000/- and for SC/ST candidates Rs. 3500/- .
CLAT Result 2018
The result of CLAT 2018 will be announced within 15 days of CLAT exam. A merit list will be prepared based on the CLAT 2018 cut off marks as announced by the conducting NLU.
CLAT 2018 Counselling
A counselling will be held for the candidates who qualify CLAT exam on merit cum preference basis. Based on the CLAT counselling, seats will be assigned to the candidates. The participating NLU’s will conduct the centralized counselling for admission to various CLAT courses.
List of Participating Universities for CLAT exam
|1||· NLSIU – Bangalore
|2||· NALSAR – Hyderabad
|3||· NLIU – Bhopal
|4||· WBNUJS – Kolkata
|5||· NLU – Jodhpur
|6||· HNLU – Raipur
|7||· GNLU – Gandhinagar
|8||· RMLNLU – Lucknow
|9||· RGNUL – Patiala
|10||· CNLU – Patna
|11||· NUALS – Kochi
|12||· NLUO – Cuttack
|13||· NUSRL – Ranchi
|14||· NLUJAA – Guwahati
|15||· DSNLU – Visakhapatnam
|16||· TNNLS -Tiruchirappalli
|17||· MNLU – Mumbai
|18||· MNLU- Nagpur
We will bring you more updates on CLAT 2018 exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!