CAT Syllabus 2017-18
CAT Syllabus 2017: Check here online CAT Entrance examination latest Syllabus & Pattern.
CAT Syllabus 2017-18
CAT 2017 Notification is already out and the exam will be held on 26th November 2017. Common Admission Test (CAT) is for selecting suitable Students for admission to various Management courses in all the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) all over India. The selection of the students is on the basis of:
- Online test
- Group Discussion (GD)/ Personal interview (PI)
Candidates must be looking for the CAT 2017 Syllabus to start preparation for the exam. We will be guiding with the detailed Exam pattern & syllabus based on previous year’s Exam data.
CAT 2017- Exam Pattern:
The Common Admission Test is conducted in the online mode. The test is divided into 3 sections namely:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Ability
The CAT 2017 exam pattern is as follows:
|SECTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||SECTIONAL DURATION|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||34||60 Minutes|
- The entire test is of 3 hours where every section is for one hour.
- A candidate cannot move to the next section till he completes the time allocated in the previous section. Also, one cannot move back to the previous sections after the allotted time for that section is over (switching of sections not allowed).
- There are two types of questions in the test: MCQs and non-MCQs, where the candidate has to write the answer in the space provided.
- There is an allotment of 3 marks for every correct answer and one-fourth marks are deducted for every incorrect attempt. However, there is no negative marking for the non-MCQ questions.
CAT 2017- Exam Syllabus structure
We are providing the overall topics from which questions are asked in each Section. The Section-wise detailed syllabus for CAT 2017 Exam are as follows:
- Algebra- Binomial Theorem, Complex numbers, Functions, Higher Degree equations, Inequalities, Linear Equations, Logarithm, Quadratic Equations.
- Arithmetic- Averages, Clocks & Calendars, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Mixture & Alligations, Percentages, Profit, Loss and Discount, Ratio & Proportion, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work.
- Geometry- Mensuration, Lines & Angles, Circles, Triangles, Polygons, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry.
- Number System- Base System, Exponents, Factorials, LCM & HCF, Properties of Numbers, Remainders, Successive Division.
- Probability & Statistics- Mean, Median & Mode, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory & Venn Diagram.
- Sequence & Series- Arithmetic Progressions, Harmonic Progressions¸ Geometric Progressions.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
- Data Interpretation- Charts (Column, Bar & Pie), Tables, Graphs (Line & Area, Venn Diagrams, Data Sufficiency.
- Logical Reasoning- Logical Sequence, Premise, Clocks & Calendars, Assumption, Conclusion, Binary Logic, Blood Relations, Linear & Matrix Arrangement, Seating Arrangement, Coding & Decoding, Statements & Assumptions, Puzzles.
- Analytical Reading- Course of Action, Fact Inference Judgements, Logical Deduction, Statement & Assumption, Strong & Weak Arguments, Syllogism.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension- Passage Reading
- Verbal ability- Cloze test, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Correction, Word Usage, Para jumbles, Paragraph Completion, Paragraph Summary.
The above mentioned topics cover the overall syllabus for the CAT 2017 exam. You have to prepare in depth for each and every topic to ace the CAT 2017 Exam.
CAT 2017- Interview topics:
The candidates after qualifying the online test are called the GD/ PI round in which variety of questions are asked. Some of the common topics from which questions can be asked are-
- Personality based Questions
- Current Affairs
- National & International topics
- Society & Politics
- Finance & Economics
- Business/ Management topics
- Nature/ Religion
- Crisis/ Disaster Management etc.
Stay tuned for CAT Syllabus 2017-18, latest information related to CAT Exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!