CAT APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete Procedure explained
CAT application process: CAT application Process for Common Admission Test 2017
CAT APPLICATION PROCESS
The registration for CAT has commenced on 9th August 2017. We will give a detailed structure on the application process for CAT, scheduled for the year 2017-18.
How To Fill Application Form for CAT?
The registration process has begun. Students would be allowed to take up the registration till 20th September 2017. We shall take you through the steps in the Registration process.
- Filling Application Form
- Upload Images
- Make Payment
- Visiting official website
- Check the website of CAT
- Click on the ‘Registration for new user’ button
- Filling Registration Forms
- Fill the registration form
- The form would have fields such as Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Email address & Mobile Number
- Enter the security code as shown
- Request OTP[One Time Password]
- Enter OTP and click on Submit button
- Read the Declaration, check the box representing I Agree and click on Submit
- As you click on the checkbox, you would thereby confirm that the information provided in the registration form were correct
- Once the form has been submitted, you would receive an OTP
- The OTP would be sent to the registered mobile number
- Filling Application Form:
Here, the student would be asked to click on “Go to Application Form”. The application form would then be displayed on the screen. The Application form comprises the sections namely: Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes and Exam centre.
Entering Personal Details:
As per the information provided during registration, the application form would be automatically filled with the Name of the candidate and Date of birth.
Enter Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s name and gender
Select your category and Nationality
If physically disabled or differently abled, select Yes, else No
Address Details: Here you would be asked to mention the postal address for future communication. Candidates can provide alternate email address and mobile number too.
- SSC/10th std /Equivalent details : Candidates are required to provide details of 10th std details such as Aggregate marks, Total marks, SSC/10th Board name and Month/Year of completion
- 12th std/Equivalent/Diploma course details: Candidates would have to select the course type from the options- 12th or Diploma; also provide the aggregate marks, total marks obtained and maximum marks
- Bachelor Degree details: Here, candidate would have to mention if they were currently attending or have completed the Bachelor’s degree. Candidates also have to mention the duration of the degree, percentage of marks given by the University/Institute, type of University/Institution, Name of the University, Degree name, Year when the course started and was completed.
- Master’s Degree Details: If the candidate has a Master’s degree, they have to enter Yes in the field-“Do you want to Enter Master’s Degree Details?”. Enter the required details in the section. Click on “Save” and “Continue” to go further.
Work Experience: Candidate have to specify the work experience details if they have any. Work experience should be mentioned in months till 31st July 2017. They have to click on the checkbox of Work Area and thereby entering the work experience. Click on “Save” and “Continue” to go further.
Programmes: In this section, candidates have to select the name of the programme; and they could select any number of programme names. They also have to mention the City of Interview from Drop down list.
Choose Exam Centre: Students could select maximum of 4 different cities to appear for the exam. Test centre would be allotted as per the centre and the availability of node.
Specifications of Photograph & Signature:
- The dimensions of Photograph and signature must be 35mm x 45mm and 80mm x 35mm respectively.
- The format of the files should be .jpg or .jpeg and not to exceed 80 KB.
- The photograph should not be six years old and should have white background.
Uploading Scanned Images of Photograph & Signature:
Click on Choose File
- Choose the required photo and signature
- Click Upload
Close the Window
Payment of Fees:
The application fees for GEN/NC-OBC candidates would be Rs 1800; however, for the SC/ST/PWD (DA) candidates would be Rs 900. There would be additional charges included in the fees. Application fees could be paid in different modes like Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
Once the section of Fees Payment has been completed, the candidate would receive a confirmation mail. Candidates could have a printed form of the filled-in application as they log in to CAT website as Existing User.
This section has provided detailed information on the Application Process to be followed by the students willing to appear for CAT in the year 2017. Hope this article was informative enough.
Stay tuned for more updates on CAT application process!
Share your thoughts/queries here!