CAT 2017 Notification PDF : Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Process, Pattern & Syllabus
- CAT 2017 Notification PDF : Check Complete Details to Apply
- CAT 2017 Programmes offered:
- List of CAT 2017 Courses offered
- CAT 2017 Participating Institutes
- CAT 2017 Seats available
- CAT 2017 Important Dates:
- CAT 2017 Exam Date:
- CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- CAT 2017 Number of Registrations – Trends
- CAT 2017 Selection Process:
- CAT 2017 Seat Reservation Policy:
- CAT 2017 Exam Pattern:
- CAT 2017 Marking Scheme:
- CAT 2017 Syllabus:
- CAT 2017 Exam Centres:
- CAT 2017 Application Process:
- CAT Application Fee 2017
- CAT 2017 Admit Card
- CAT 2017 Result
- CAT 2017 Counselling
- CAT Cut off 2017
- CAT 2017 Official Links
CAT 2017 Notification PDF : Get here IIM Lucknow CAT Official Notification details in PDF Download
CAT 2017 Notification PDF : Check Complete Details to Apply
CAT 2017 Notification PDF: Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow has released the much awaited CAT 2017 notification on 29th July 2017. The notification was published in all the major newspaper across the country as well as in the official website of CAT i.e. iimcat.ac.in. There are no major changes in CAT 2017 when compared to previous year i.e. 2016. The details of CAT 2017 notification like exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam centres, CAT online application form, application process, pattern & syllabus, previous year cut off are given in this article.
CAT or Common Admission Test is a national management entrance exam conducted by one of the prestigious IIMs. It offers a gateway to get admission to management courses offered by various branches of Indian Institute of Management. In last year’s CAT exam, 232,434 candidates applied for more than 3000 seats making it one of the most competitive exams in the country. Every year, CAT is conducted by IIM’s on a rotational basis. CAT 2016 was conducted by IIM Bengaluru and this year it will be conducted by IIM Lucknow.
CAT 2017 Programmes offered:
CAT offers admissions to various post graduate and fellow management courses. The complete details can be found below:
CAT 2017 Participating Institutes
The following IIMs are participating in CAT 2017:
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam.
CAT 2017 Seats available
Last year, there were 3200 seats available in IIMs. This year, we could expect total number of seats (including reserved seats) to be around 4000.
CAT 2017 Important Dates:
There are a lot of important events that occur post CAT 2017 notification release. The candidates can note down these important dates for CAT 2017 and they can make sure that they never miss any deadline. The course of events are listed in the table below:
|Notification Release||29th July 2017|
|Start date of online registration||9th August 2017|
|Last date of online registration and Payment of fees||20th September 2017 ( Till 5: 00 PM)|
|CLAT Application Form Correction||October 2017|
|Admit Card download||18th November to 26th November 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||26th November 2017|
|Deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificates||
31st December 2018
|CAT 2017 Result Date||Second week of January 2018|
CAT 2017 Exam Date:
The CAT 2017 exam will be conducted on 26th November 2017 (Sunday) in two sessions. The exam will be held in 140 test centres across the Country.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for CAT 2017.
- The aspirants who want to apply for CAT 2017 Exam need to possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from a recognized university by government of India with minimum 50% and for the candidates belonging to other than General categories like SC/ST/PWD will get a relaxation of 5% i.e. they need to possess minimum criteria of 45%.
- Students who are in the final year in 2017 and waiting for their results can also apply. They need to submit the real documents before 30 June 2017.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
Candidate must possess following documents to prove eligibility:
- Mark sheets and Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
Age Limit: There is no specified age limit for applicants who will be applying for CAT 2017 Exam as per the official notification, though the minimum age is expected to be 18 years with no upper age limit.
CAT 2017 Number of Registrations – Trends
Below table depicts the number of applicants for CAT exam in the past 5 years. Every year there are about 2 lakh aspirants who apply for CAT test.
|Year||No. of CAT Applicants||No. of Test Takers|
CAT 2017 Selection Process:
The CAT Admission process includes
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI)
Please note that the performance in CAT 2017 examination is an important part of the admission process. IIMs may additionally use other factors like the previous academic performances of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process. The admission/selection processes, academic cut-offs and the weight age of marks allocated to the evaluation parameters may vary across different IIMs.
CAT 2017 Seat Reservation Policy:
As per the Indian Government’s policy, the seat reservation will be applicable for CAT exam as follows:
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PwD- Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
The candidates claiming for seat reservation have to upload their supporting certificates at the time of application/registration. In the case of failure during upload will result in rejection of your application.
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern:
The CAT test will contain both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) as well as Type in the Answer (TITA) without options for answer. There will be three sections and for each section, candidates will be provided a maximum 60 minutes time duration. Hence, the total duration of the test is 180 minutes. The three sections are as below:
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)
CAT 2017 Marking Scheme:
For each correct response, 3 marks will be awarded. For every incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from your score.
CAT 2017 Syllabus:
The syllabus of CAT 2017 – Subjects and topics are shown in the below table.
|Quantitative Ability||Probability, Speed, Simple & Compound Interest, LCM and HCF, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Analogies, Time & Distance, Trigonometry.|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Blood Relations, Calendars, Logical Sequence, Seating Arrangement, Binary Logic, Syllogism, Cubes & Clocks, Venn Diagrams, Logical Matching.|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Analogies and Reverse, Verbal Reasoning, Meaning – Usage Match, English Usage and Grammar, Synonyms & Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled Paragraph.|
CAT 2017 Exam Centres:
This year, the CAT exam will be held around 140 test cities across the country. Candidates can choose up to 4 exam centres at the time of filling the CAT application form 2017. Based on their preference in the application, the exam centres are given to the candidates.
CAT 2017 Application Process:
The application procedure is divided into three stages:
(A) CAT Initial Candidate Registration
- Candidates are required to register by filling their name, date of birth, email address and mobile number.
- After entering all the required details, click on the Submit button.
- Once the registration is done, CAT 2017 User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email address and mobile number via SMS, respectively.
(B) Online Application Form
- Log in with the provided credentials to fill in the online CAT application form.
- The CAT application form consists of various sections having some fields which are to be filled.
- Enter the personal details, address and upload the photo and signature along with necessary documents.
- Enter academic and work experience details.
- Select the management programs/courses.
- Fill the preferred city for exam and interview from the drop down list according to the candidate’s preference.
- Save the CAT Application form.
(C) Application Fee Submission
- The CAT 2017 application fee is Rs. 1800 for General and for SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 900. Fees can be paid in online mode only. It is important to pay the application fee to complete the application process. Candidates must pay the CAT application fee through the available payment options.
- After successful payment, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered address of the candidates. Applicants are required to check their email and make sure their payment is successful. In the case of unsuccessful payment, do contact the CAT officials.
CAT Application Fee 2017
As per CAT 2017 Notification, the application fee to be paid for different category are as below:
|General and NC-OBC||Rs. 1800|
|SC, ST and PWD||Rs. 900|
CAT 2017 Admit Card
The admit card or call letter for Common Admission Test 2017 will be released on 18th November and can be downloaded till 26th November 2017. CAT 2017 admit card is a mandatory document to appear for CAT exam and all the eligible candidates will get CAT admit card. The admit card will mention all the relevant details of the candidate and the CAT exam venue, dates etc. Candidates need to verify the details.
CAT 2017 Result
Candidates can login with their User ID and Password and can check the CAT result which will be announced in January 2018. Candidates can check CAT 2017 merit list , score card through which they can seek admission to preferred IIM. Those candidates who qualify the written test will have to attend the interview / GD process. The final result will be published in February 2018 .
CAT 2017 Counselling
After the final result, the shortlisted candidates will be called for CAT counselling and seat allocation. Documents needed at the time of CAT Counselling and Admission Process are as follows:
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Graduation degree certificates
- Reservation category certificates (if applicable)
- Interview Call letter
- CAT Rank Card 2017
- CAT Admit Card 2017
CAT Cut off 2017
Here are the CAT cut off marks for top B -Schools.
|B-Schools||CAT Cutoff (expected)|
|Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (FMS, DU)||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai||85+ Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+ Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+ Percentile|
CAT 2017 Official Links
Candidates can download official CAT 2017 Notification PDF below:
|Advertisement PDF||CLICK HERE|
|Apply Online||CLICK HERE|
|CAT 2016 Score Card||CLICK HERE|
Stay tuned for more information on CAT 2017 Notification PDF, important dates, application form details.
Share your thoughts/queries here!